Black woman have ~1.2m kids with White, Hispanic and/or Asian men than the childen Black men have?

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have no data but I'll bet those Biracial kids with Black mothers aren't being aborted like those fully ADOS kids are.
If you have no data, then why would you say it?
I have heard whispering that some bw abort the fully ados kid when they know they're having a boy..... :francis:
You've heard whispering?
Just like the fact that around 53% of ADOS Men are single and childless unlike situations where a Man may not sign a birth certificate and a woman may not be honest or even know who her baby father is what can be quantified is how many Black Men have children either the number is correct or incorrect. Black women have a rate of single motherhood of 74% so it's a small number of dudes Black or non Black that are fathering these kids.

Kinda put the who deadbeat Black american dad story in context.
You're connecting two statistics that are unrelated to make an odd point.
80.5% of Black men have children by age 49, and the single motherhood rate** only counts for Black women with children, and not Black women as an entire population.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Isn't it possible that the main reason for the difference between the two stats is children born to black mothers who have unknown paternity? Like no father listed on the birth certificate. Maybe I'm not understanding what the statistic is saying, but that seems more likely to me.
That would make a lot of sense, a disproportionate number of Black men are not assigned paternity, and the rate of mortality and incarceration play a outsized role in that.

If interracial relationship were the cause - then Asian and Hispanic/Latino populations, which have a much higher interracial sex, marriage, and child rate would be heavily skewed in that chart - but that is not the case.

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That would make a lot of sense, a disproportionate number of Black men are not assigned paternity, and the rate of mortality and incarceration play a outsized role in that.

If interracial relationship were the cause - then Asian and Hispanic/Latino populations, which have a much higher interracial sex, marriage, and child rate would be heavily skewed in that chart - but that is not the case.
Children born to black women are automatically counted as black, no matter who the father is. Asian/Hispanic are "statistext" groups.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

So we are either back to the 80/20 thing or Black women dont know or dont care who the fathers of their children are

But peep the bullshyt you can easily accept that the missing fathers are incarcerated or dead

But even if thats the case its still not these women's fault.

Also if were using the stats that non Black guys are not coupled with Black women then we are also back to the whole "
Most undesired women" sterotype because its been a minute since Black women been on the " nothing but a Black Man"

My point is i could be wrong but I accept that and my implict bias

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So we are either back to the 80/20 thing or Black women dont know or dont care who the fathers of their children are

But peep the bullshyt you can easily accept that the missing fathers are incarcerated or dead

But even if thats the case its still not these women's fault.

Also if were using the stats that non Black guys are not coupled with Black women then we are also back to the whole "
Most undesired women" sterotype because its been a minute since Black women been on the " nothing but a Black Man"

My point is i could be wrong but I accept that and my implict bias
There is no 80/20 rule when it comes to reproduction along ethnic designations.
The data is pretty clear, as I noted earlier about 80% of Black men age 40-49 have children, 62% between 30-39 https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2019/demo/P70-162.pdf (see page 5-6 for the date and the helpful chart).

Black women care who the fathers of their children are, that doesn't necessarily mean that paternity is established officially in a way that is captured by data.

I'm not stating that all of the missing fathers are incarcerated or dead (or employed), only that it does play a role in the data discrepancy.

Black women, across the board, have substantially less interracial relationships, sex, and marriages than Black men; but also than Hispanic/Latino women and Asian women.

The conclusion being reached is simply not supported by any data at all.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
There is no 80/20 rule when it comes to reproduction along ethnic designations.
The data is pretty clear, as I noted earlier about 80% of Black men age 40-49 have children, 62% between 30-39 https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/publications/2019/demo/P70-162.pdf (see page 5-6 for the date and the helpful chart).

Black women care who the fathers of their children are, that doesn't necessarily mean that paternity is established officially in a way that is captured by data.

I'm not stating that all of the missing fathers are incarcerated or dead (or employed), only that it does play a role in the data discrepancy.

Black women, across the board, have substantially less interracial relationships, sex, and marriages than Black men; but also than Hispanic/Latino women and Asian women.

The conclusion being reached is simply not supported by any data at all.
Im at a house party on my phone so I cant highlight what you said but you actually said Black women care who the fathers of their kids but they might not record them correctly.

Cmon if your kid has a wierd genetic disease or needs a transplant it would help if the kid knew who both his parents where