Black Wealth Cratered Under Obama

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Dodd-Frank Bill destroyed Black small businesses and home ownership which is the milk and honey of every Black Community

Brehs you should REALLY read this Bill. Your opinions of Obama' s Presidency will really change.

I'm aware of Dodd-Frank. I didn't say Obama's policies led to the destruction of Black wealth but that his response was insufficient.

Perfectson

Banned
Daps
Man :what: if you don't sit your dumb ass down somewhere.

I said in the damn post you quoted I'm glad he owns his business. Where did I say I wanted him to fail?

You been posting bullshyt this entire thread nikka foh

Bruh your whole post was on some hating shyt...talking about "uppity negro" and "the rug can be pulled". You big him up to try to deflect then went into your true emotions. Crab ass...thats literally the definition of crabs in a barrel mentality,

Aviso

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Overall, black wealth cratered largely because of Bush Era policies and unfortunately Obama inherited a lot of those problems.

That being said, Obama could have done a lot more for blacks. Hell if he can issue executive orders for dreamers, equal pay for women and federal contractors, what stopped him from issuing specific policies for blacks?

Also, Obama was too timid in his approach to black issues. It was always let me help everyone and it will eventually trickle down to blacks. But I mean this was a guy that was raised by a white woman and her parents. So he never really knew the struggle aside from sharing a little melanin.

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
1) dodd-frank was said to have impacted small community banks and credit unions. Your statement is a bit misleading but just so everyone understand what you're alluding to. Due to this tight regulations on the banking sector (which Obama did to help protect consumers and the black community specifically from predatory lending and bad banking practices) it pushed alot of smaller banks and credit unions out of business or reshaped how they did business. Due to this certain financial products could no longer be services and geared toward small business and home loans products, which impacted everyone INCLUDING black small businesses and black home ownership

Explain why he also EXTENDED the Bush Tax cuts during his first term as well breh:sas2:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Overall, black wealth cratered largely because of Bush Era policies and unfortunately Obama inherited a lot of those problems.

That being said, Obama could have done a lot more for blacks. Hell if he can issue executive orders for dreamers, equal pay for women and federal contractors, what stopped him from issuing specific policies for blacks?

Also, Obama was too timid in his approach to black issues. It was always let me help everyone and it will eventually trickle down to blacks. But I mean this was a guy that was raised by a white woman and her parents. So he never really knew the struggle aside from sharing a little melanin.

this didn't really hit me until I went to the African American museum in D.C.

of course you see Obama everywhere

but Obama isn't from ANY of what's in that museum...his father is african and his momma is some white lady from....somewhere.

I mean if we wanna be 100 about it - he reaped benefits from people that fought and bled, and even BUILT the white house...

but let me stop, I don't want to get confronted offline by one of his followers :hubie:

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps

but Obama isn't from ANY of what's in that museum...his father is african and his momma is some white lady from....somewhere.

I mean if we wanna be 100 about it - he reaped benefits from people that fought and bled, and even BUILT the white house...

but let me stop, I don't want to get confronted offline by one of his followers :hubie:

Pimp by Blood, not relation:obama:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Can't wait for Antonio Moore to chime in

These last two months of just getting information have craterred by respect for the job he did...for us
Obama to new grads: "No time for excuses"

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/19/politics/obama-morehouse-commencement/index.html

"Nobody cares how tough your upbringing was. Nobody cares if you suffered some discrimination. And moreover, you have to remember that whatever you've gone through, it pales in comparison to the hardships previous generations endured -- and they overcame them. And if they overcame them, you can overcome them, too," he said.

:mjlol:

Bascially; hard work nikkas, ya wanted a black prez, you got it...let me be this Wall Street

bruh.

THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT, TOLD A ROOM FULL OF BLACK COLLEGE GRADUATES TO PULL THEMSELVES UP BY THE BOOTSTRAPS.

EvE6e.gif

Aviso

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He literally does not relate to the struggle at all. We have the blood of slaves running through our veins, we know the evils that were committed against our people.

Obama was basically raised as a white boy until he got to Chicago and started mingling with black folks. But his upbringing explains his stance against reparations, and his constant finger wagging at black people in public settings.

I think Michelle Obama was the main reason why he really appealed to many blacks. Had he married a white woman, I think there would have been more reservation regarding his presidency. Now don't get me wrong, the symbolism behind having a "black" president was nice, but at the end of the day we need someone who understands and lived through the struggle.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
He literally does not relate to the struggle at all. We have the blood of slaves running through our veins, we know the evils that were committed against our people.

Obama was basically raised as a white boy until he got to Chicago and started mingling with black folks. But his upbringing explains his stance against reparations, and his constant finger wagging at black people in public settings.

I think Michelle Obama was the main reason why he really appealed to many blacks. Had he married a white woman, I think there would have been more reservation regarding his presidency. Now don't get me wrong, the symbolism behind having a "black" president was nice, but at the end of the day we need someone who understands and lived through the struggle.

he basically talked down to black people the way a rich white man would...I mean literally no different.

he publicly chastised our community every chance he got:

DynamoEAR

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston/ATL
Are we about to excuse 20 years of banking deregulation under Reagan, Bush I and Clinton, especially the latter? :usure:By the time W got there it was a done deal as far as how the crisis unfolded.

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire

AA caping for a biracial Kenyan-American raised by cacs. :ld:

Man doesn't even have slave blood.

Aviso

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are we about to excuse 20 years of banking deregulation under Reagan, Bush I and Clinton, especially the latter? :usure:By the time W got there it was a done deal as far as how the crisis unfolded.

I'm mainly referring to the subprime mortgage crisis which ultimately led to the recession.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
respect - we can agree on this common platform. Obama wasn't perfect but the monthly Obama hasn't done anything for black people rhetoric on this site over the past 9 years should have expired by now, especially now that we see who we are dealing with.

BTW - economy is booming, thanks to Obama and the guise that Trump is reducing regulations and is goinna change the tax code. In reality, Trump hasn't done anything, effectively this is rich whites and big business loosening the purse strings that they refused to do while Obama was in office. The same acts of sabatouge Trump is trying to do is what rich whites and big businesses have been doing under Obama. They want this infighting so they never have a female, black, or any other kind of president in that office.

We can agree on some things, but, I don't agree.

We benefited from some stuff, but, ultimately he didn't address the things we really needed to push forward.