Black Unemployment

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
Why is black unemployment so damn high?

Even with the newest job reports Black unemployment stayed at 14.1 percent and rose amongst African-American teens to 37.9 percent.

Under Bush it never surpassed 13 percent.

The spike in 2011 was 16.7 percent. The highest since Reagan.

Why? :scheme:

Daps
Reppin
respect, usa
The first two answers are good ones. If you are out of work any job is good. Work somewhere till you find a better spot.

There was a labor report that said in 2010 black americans with a bachelors degree had a 15.4 percent unemployment rate. Definitely some racism there.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
a lot of employers are just trying to prove a political point

Dark Knyght

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Too many nikkaz got hoop/street dreams.
Too many nikkaz are lazy.
Not enough positive examples in their immediate surroundings.
Last in, First Out
No college, skills, certificates or experience doing anything.
View many jobs as beneath them, yet not qualified for anything reasonable.

shyt don't apply to me though. Ask my girl and she let you know, her man has two jobs. Word to the moms from Everybody Hates Chris.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd like to see how it further breaks down between the sexes. I'd bet black women have higher employment than black men. They also are much better educated than our men.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'd like to see how it further breaks down between the sexes. I'd bet black women have higher employment than black men. They also are much better educated than our men.

of course they have higher employment

who would you rather hire. a black man who could probably snatch up your secretary? or a black woman who will become a rabid pittbull against black men for you -- and black women help make any racial/gender quotas they'd have to adhere to.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
of course they have higher employment

who would you rather hire. a black man who could probably snatch up your secretary? or a black woman who will become a rabid pittbull against black men for you -- and black women help make any racial/gender quotas they'd have to adhere to.

of course thats part of it, but you cant hide from the fact that black women are much better educated than us. There aint many "hood nikkas" with college degrees.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

They're mad at Obama so they won't hire black people.

There's also the fact that blacks are more likely to live in urban areas where jobs are more scarce. If you have two people with equal education and skills, but one is a black guy living in Stockton and one is a white guy in Oklahoma city, who do you think will have an easier time finding a job?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
of course thats part of it, but you cant hide from the fact that black women are much better educated than us. There aint many "hood nikkas" with college degrees.

also agreed, which is because of a cultural problem that people ignore

you have a black male, and a black female. both are headed down the wrong path. she wants mr swagmatir, so he tries to mimic/become that person. she gets with the dudes she finds attractive, maybe gets pregnant, and decides to fix her life. get in college, get a nice job, etc -- the perfect educated hoodrat.

meanwhile, the guy who was never interested in school starts down the path towards death/jail. black male teens rarely rebound from their 'confused' phase.