Black Twitter Goes In On Buzzfeed Video - "27 Questions Black People Have For Black People"

Solo ✧✦✧

King of the eXoticals. "FIRsT and LAst wARNiNg"
Daps
Some of the questions are valid :francis: It's not like a lot of this stuff doesn't get discussed here and there hasn't been interesting discussions about the issues. I'm sure a lot of you have some of the same questions and have participated in threads about these topics.

DazednTranslation

Sweatpants + No Print= Failure
Daps
I'm glad black folks are starting to catch on to this shyt....I've been warning y'all about these black centric think pieces, media etc written and produced by black people for white owned websites with predominantly white viewerships/readerships...these are not for us.
Aside from the politics that may be behind sites that put out things like this, it still makes a valid point. If we put the "cacs" to the side for a minute, who would you rather call you on your shyt than your own people?
Any black person that swear that there aint no truth to this needs to watch a Spike Lee movie & wake the fukk up..

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
see thats the shyt. Nothing productive gonna happen in the African American community if yall just call each other c00ns and bed whenches without doing anything productive yourself. Then ya go and post a couple "fukk cacs c00ns and bed whenches" posts and pat yourself on the back

:francis:

negged cac.

and you forgot bed bucks :umad:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Aside from the politics that may be behind sites that put out things like this, it still makes a valid point. If we put the "cacs" to the side for a minute, who would you rather call you on your shyt than your own people?
Any black person that swear that there aint no truth to this needs to watch a Spike Lee movie & wake the fukk up..
You're missing the point.
Why do we air our dirty laundry for the world to see, smell and criticize?
This.

WE don't need to air out our issues on platforms like this and that is the point. Putting stuff like this on these sites only gives ammo to our enemies. They aren't going to change. They aren't going to listen to reason. We'll never be accepted by them or truly integrate in this society without some sort of hesitation simply due to the history involved. I don't want to see another article, think piece, video, or anything regarding blackness or black peoples issues on a gawker, buzzfeed, huffington post, salon, jezebel, any of them. The moment you put our issues on any of those sites for the world to see as a representative of black matters, you have moved past the point of no concern for us and more concern for the thoughts and opinions of the dominant society on our issues. You are now writing to an audience that not only can't related to them, but deep down knows that they are at the root cause of those issues and have 100% no concern or desire to fix them and will blame you for the problems they created. They are not trying to listen to the other side of the story. In fact, these type of articles, videos, etc...pretty much embolden white society's feelings of racial superiority...that they don't have to deal with these issues. If this is the eminating sentiment created from this, then there is absolutely no point in contributing to these publications or websites.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I don't even care about "airing out dirty laundry" that people are talking about because this isn't even laundry. This is just grabbing low hanging fruits made up of the oldest stereotypes and lame jokes and insults about black people.

Its just old and rehashed bullshyt that we've heard forever. Its a boring video honestly and just cringeworthy.

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Why do we air our dirty laundry for the world to see, smell and criticize?

What other methods are there to elicit dialogue about these topics? It's not like in school where you can pass a note around without the teacher seeing it. I would guess that most people of other races don't go out actively looking for closed-door discussions we have amongst each other. However, even if they did go looking for it, they'll see that we do have these discussions, and they we can have constructive conversations about such topics.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
That's a good thing, yes?
Growing up around your own kind is a good thing so yes. Black people need to stop running to the burbs as soon as they get some change instead they should invest in their own communities. Top many blacks grow up around mostly cacs so they start to think like them