Black Transgender Female Beaten & Shot To Death In Philthadelphia

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Black people are more likely to be victims of crime by another black person regardless of sex or gender identification. Just like a white person is likely to be the victim of a crime by another white person regardless of sex or gender identification.

Based on this information, was it wrong for me to assume that the woman in question was killed by a Black man?

:lupe:

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
It's easy for people to do these things when the dominant rhetoric surrounding trans people is one of dehumanization. :coffee:

Nikkas in this thread saying "R.I.P." and will turn around a few threads later and talk about trans people being mentally sick, disgusting, tools of White supremacy, blah blah blah. :snooze:

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
And some people feel like they're attracted to children, it's called a mental illness.

If I knew you and asked you to call me "Greatest man alive" as my name, would you? I mean I feel like I may just be the GOAT, as harsh as it sounds that was a man that was killed, not a woman.
The pedophilia comparison is invalid because pedophilia is something that causes you to have criminal urges, whereas transgenderism is not. The former is an illness because it (rightfully) leads to abhorrent, socially harmful behaviour. Transgenderism does not. There is no healthy society where pedophilia is accepted, there are healthy societies where transgenderism is accepted.

As for the name thing, you understand that names have meaning, right? There are many names that mean "great". Do you believe someone shouldn't be able to change their name to Max or Magnus?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
The pedophilia comparison is invalid because pedophilia is something that causes you to have criminal urges, whereas transgenderism is not. The former is an illness because it (rightfully) leads to abhorrent, socially harmful behaviour. Transgenderism does not. There is no healthy society where pedophilia is accepted, there are healthy societies where transgenderism is accepted.

As for the name thing, you understand that names have meaning, right? There are many names that mean "great". Do you believe someone shouldn't be able to change their name to Max or Magnus?

It's not invalid, it's a mental illness just like believing you were born the wrong sex, as for your point about it being a crime, that's because humans inherently know it's wrong. There are parts of the world where Homosexuality is a crime, but you'll just say they're backwards right? Is bestiality a mental illness, it's actually legal in some states, while illegal in others, so it's a criminal activity in some places but not others so what is YOUR opinion of it.

Pedophilia/pederasty was accepted and existed among the Romans, they didn't see anything wrong with it, there are certain things that will cause humans to have a natural :wtf: . Don't base your idea of right and wrong on laws that can change with time. Did Max or Magnus chop off their dikks and try to change their sex to female? :jbhmm:

King Kreole

Daps
It's not invalid, it's a mental illness just like believing you were born the wrong sex, as for your point about it being a crime, that's because humans inherently know it's wrong. There are parts of the world where Homosexuality is a crime, but you'll just say they're backwards right? Is bestiality a mental illness, it's actually legal in some states, while illegal in others, so it's a criminal activity in some places but not others so what is YOUR opinion of it.

Pedophilia/pederasty was accepted and existed among the Romans, they didn't see anything wrong with it, there are certain things that will cause humans to have a natural :wtf: . Don't base your idea of right and wrong on laws that can change with time. Did Max or Magnus chop off their dikks and try to change their sex to female? :jbhmm:
The DSM considers gender dysmorphia to be a mental disorder. There is obviously something abnormal about the transgender brain to produce such a deviance from the majority of human brains. What we do not do is criminalize those who have mental disorders. It's barbaric, and your suggestion that we should treat it as a crime is callous, to say the least. In civilized societies, having a unique brain structure is not cause for panic or criminalization. Your suggestion that "therapy" for transgendered individuals is the correct course to take, without acknowledging the social changes that must occur if we are to call ourselves a civilized society, shows that you have fundamentally misunderstood what transgenderism is. You seem to believe that with enough therapy and counselling, these individuals will quit fooling around and become as you wish them to become. But that is not supported by any scientific research, and reeks of those who advocate psuedo-scientific garbage like gay conversion therapy. These people don't need "corrective" therapy for the sake of your ease of categorization, they need tolerance from society. Therapy isn't going to change their neurochemistry any more than therapy will change the colour of your skin. More importantly, corrective therapy is not necessary for transgendered people to live a healthy, fulfilling life. Living in a tolerant society is.

Again, the pedophilia example is erroneous. Having pedophilic thoughts isn't criminal, acting on those thoughts is. Why? Because it introduces a harm into the world. A transgendered person dressing as the gender they identify with is not introducing an undue harm into the world. This is why being transgender is not a crime in our society. A pedophile indulging in their urges is not compatible with existence in a healthy society. A transgender person indulging in their urges is. All manner of things have been criminal throughout history, so appealing to the past is a useless exercise. You must appeal to your intellect and your conscience.

Also, human beings don't "inherently know it's wrong". Transgenderism has been accepted in many cultures for thousands of years. You're mistaking current mores and morals for objective, absolute ones. I'm not appealing to current laws in my defense of the humanity of a transgendered individual, I'm appealing to basic human decency and dignity. These people have done nothing wrong, they have hurt nobody, they are simply trying to exist in a way that is most comfortable to them without doing anyone any harm. What you're doing is engaging in an age old tradition of fear-mongering and bigotry because you've been presented with something that is foreign to you, and instead of responding in a curious and compassionate manner, you've chosen to indulge in the ugliest side of your humanity.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
The DSM considers gender dysmorphia to be a mental disorder. There is obviously something abnormal about the transgender brain to produce such a deviance from the majority of human brains. What we do not do is criminalize those who have mental disorders. It's barbaric, and your suggestion that we should treat it as a crime is callous, to say the least. In civilized societies, having a unique brain structure is not cause for panic or criminalization. Your suggestion that "therapy" for transgendered individuals is the correct course to take, without acknowledging the social changes that must occur if we are to call ourselves a civilized society, shows that you have fundamentally misunderstood what transgenderism is. You seem to believe that with enough therapy and counselling, these individuals will quit fooling around and become as you wish them to become. But that is not supported by any scientific research, and reeks of those who advocate psuedo-scientific garbage like gay conversion therapy. These people don't need "corrective" therapy for the sake of your ease of categorization, they need tolerance from society. Therapy isn't going to change their neurochemistry any more than therapy will change the colour of your skin. More importantly, corrective therapy is not necessary for transgendered people to live a healthy, fulfilling life. Living in a tolerant society is.

Again, the pedophilia example is erroneous. Having pedophilic thoughts isn't criminal, acting on those thoughts is. Why? Because it introduces a harm into the world. A transgendered person dressing as the gender they identify with is not introducing an undue harm into the world. This is why being transgender is not a crime in our society. A pedophile indulging in their urges is not compatible with existence in a healthy society. A transgender person indulging in their urges is. All manner of things have been criminal throughout history, so appealing to the past is a useless exercise. You must appeal to your intellect and your conscience.

Also, human beings don't "inherently know it's wrong". Transgenderism has been accepted in many cultures for thousands of years. You're mistaking current mores and morals for objective, absolute ones. I'm not appealing to current laws in my defense of the humanity of a transgendered individual, I'm appealing to basic human decency and dignity. These people have done nothing wrong, they have hurt nobody, they are simply trying to exist in a way that is most comfortable to them without doing anyone any harm. What you're doing is engaging in an age old tradition of fear-mongering and bigotry because you've been presented with something that is foreign to you, and instead of responding in a curious and compassionate manner, you've chosen to indulge in the ugliest side of your humanity.

Where exactly did I say they need therapy? :jbhmm: They have a mental disorder, nothing more nothing less, you're going off on a tangent. No where did I say they should be treated as criminals either, you implied that it wasn't a mental disorder because it didn't lead to criminal activities, period. I asked you what your opinion of bestiality was, they technically aren't hurting anyone and some of these animals are actually receptive to human stimulation :russ: You never answered that and just flew off into arguing something I never said or even implied, you can link beastiality, pedophilia and transgender altogether, it's all mental disorders. And you made my point for me, citing something as a criminal activity means little, you're the one that brought up criminality and then decided to ignore the fact something like bestiality is lawful in certain states.

Actually, you're very much wrong about Transgendered people not introducing harm, ask those dudes that were tricked by what they thought was a woman how they felt. The man who left his "wife" after he found out he really had a husband on the low, emotional stress for men doesn't seem to matter if they're not trying to cut their balls off and become a woman. There are plenty of people out there who have been hurt by someone that they thought was a natural member of the opposite sex, but that obviously doesn't matter because all they did was deceive someone.

Yes, Humans know it's inherently wrong, ask a group of children who have never been exposed to the idea about men chopping off their dikks to become women and see what their reaction is, you'll be met with a lot of confused faces. Transgendered people have been rejected by more cultures throughout history than they've been accepted, hence the agenda and push for rights today. Ah yes, transgendered people have never done anything wrong :rolleyes:

King Kreole

Daps
Where exactly did I say they need therapy?
Proof:
A transgender person should be counseled and encouraged to be who they are, not who they want to be.
If the man was getting the mental help that he needed instead of being enabled, he might not have been running around here pretending to be a woman.

No where did I say they should be treated as criminals either
Proof:
as for your point about it being a crime, that's because humans inherently know it's wrong.

Beastiality has long held a tenuous ethical position, but I tend to agree with Peter Singer on this issue. It's not unethical as long as the animal isn't being harmed. I can find no rational argument that would make beastiality a necessarily unethical act. But the introduction of beastiality in this argument is a red herring designed to equate transgenderism with a widely believed to be perverted phenomenon. They did the same thing with homosexuality and miscegenation and even social integration issues like school desegregation. Beastiality, pedophilia and transgenderism are all mental disorders in that they are not the dominant mode of thinking in society. That's really the only link they have. In this category, they're joined by such benign disorders as claustrophobia, dyslexia, narcolepsy, and sleepwalking. We have to examine each disorder on its own merits to gauge what the proper response should be. Beastiality and pedophilia involve another being with autonomous rights, so they need to be given certain moral consideration with that in mind. Transgenderism involves only the self. The situation bigots love to bring up about the transgender individual tricking the cisgender individual is invalid, because the immoral act is not the transgenderism, but the trickery. The same potential for trickery exists in cisgendered sexual relations. "I don't have an STD", "Yes, i'm on birth control", "I won't tell anyone", etc. There is nothing inherently fraudulent in transgenderism, as there are many transgendered individuals who are open and honest about their condition with their potential sexual partners.

Also, the fact that you're relying on a child's intuition to form your ethical positions should be alarming. Ask a child whether they want to be stabbed by a sharp metal stick and see what their reaction is. I guess that means medical injections are wrong. :upsetfavre:. And transgenderism actually has been accepted by most cultures throughout history, including our own. Ancient Rome culture, Ancient Chinese culture, Native American culture, Ancient Egyptian culture, various African tribes, Samoan culture, Ancient Arabic and Islamic culture, Hindu philosophy, and Ancient South American culture all have a history of accepting transgenderism in some form. A lot of them actually venerated transgender individuals and had them serve in religious or courtly positions of distinction.

Daps
nEuyabQ.png

idgaf. im disputing that a transgender was assualted bc transgender women dont exist

in SCIENCE, we learned theres MALE and FEMALE

no get out your gay ass confused feelings and MAN UP

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The federal government is gonna force females to share a locker room with guys who think they're females. A school decides to allow the construction of a separate locker room for these schizos and the feds don't like it. However, the feds could give a fukk about the real females, as in born female's feelings on the matter. 500 girls who were born girls, and they have to acquiesce to some schizo born a male that believes he's a female. Ridiculous, and you suspect azz nikkaz in here defend these freaks.

www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-transgender-student-locker-room-palatine-met-20151012-story.html

Moshe.

All Star
Daps
I don't agree with such heinous killings. If you disagree with someone's life-style, that is your problem. Their life-style never gives you the right to assault that individual or kill them for being transgender or homosexual.

On another note: I hope the men weren't Black. If they were.... :snoop:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Im disgusted by the story, the reaction and the equally hideous arguments taking place in here from otherwise reputable posters.

Sad

Zardoz

mmmmmmmmmmlli
Daps
:popcorn:

Man charged in slaying of transgender woman
Read more at Man charged in slaying of transgender woman

101215-arrest.jpg

Two days after Philadelphia police asked for the public's help in solving the brutal murder of a transgender woman in Logan, someone called the department's homicide unit with a tip.

The caller gave police a name - Pedro Redding - and said he was known for committing robberies in the neighborhood.

And he lived on the same block where, in the early hours of Tuesday morning, 22-year-old Kiesha Jenkins had been beaten, robbed, and shot to death.

Police stopped Redding on Sunday morning and took him into custody, homicide Capt. James Clark said at a news conference Monday.

Redding, 24, gave a statement to police implicating three other men in the crime. They were still on the loose Monday night.
Clark said Redding did not shoot Jenkins, but "had the idea to rob her when he saw her."

Nevertheless, Redding was charged with murder, conspiracy, and related offenses. He was arraigned Monday and was denied bail.

Jenkins, who lived in Grays Ferry with her family, had just gotten out of a car at 13th and Wingohocking Streets when Redding and three other men set upon her, police said. They surrounded her, punching and kicking her.

Jenkins, Clark said, fought back. That's when one of the men pulled out a gun and fired two shots into her back.

"She gave a valiant fight, and that is why one of them pulled out a gun," Clark said.

When reached Monday, her family was unable to comment.

Redding has a long rap sheet that includes arrests for drug offenses, aggravated assault, and robbery and firearm offenses. In 2012, he and an accomplice were involved in the attempted robbery of another "transgender individual" that Clark said was "very similar" to the attack on Jenkins.

That victim survived, but charges were dropped after the victim failed to show up in court to testify.

Redding and his accomplices live in the area, Clark said, and would have known that transgender prostitutes such as Jenkins frequented Hunting Park, which is across the street from where she was killed. Hunting Park is known as a gathering place for transgender prostitutes.

But Clark said police do not believe Jenkins was targeted because she was transgender.

"They thought she had money, and they wanted to take it," he said.

The case has shaken Philadelphia's transgender community, who have said the brutality of Jenkins' death illustrates the violence and discrimination that many transgender people face.

At a march for transgender rights Saturday, attendees chanted "Transphobia's got to go!" and mourned Jenkins and other transgender people murdered in this country. Jenkins, advocates say, was the 21st victim this year.

Nellie Fitzpatrick, Mayor Nutter's liaison to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender Philadelphians, said those following the case should not use Jenkins' gender identity or her sex work to "lessen her life."

"Nobody's life is less because of who they are, how they died, or where they were," she said. "The community is grieving, but they are strong."

She encouraged transgender people who are the victims of crimes to report such incidents to police, whom she praised for their work on Jenkins' murder.

"I hope individuals in the community know that the police department is here," she said. "They have stepped up, and it's really something we are grateful for."

Read more at Man charged in slaying of transgender woman

A Real Human Bean

and a real hero
Daps
Based on this information, was it wrong for me to assume that the woman in question was killed by a Black man?

:lupe:

Black people (and other minorities) have been fighting for generations to end racial profiling and this clown ass negro is running around trying to justify it. :mjlol: But really, it's not even funny how lost and confused this brother is. Racial profiling has been proven to be completely ineffective and even detrimental to criminal investigations, not to mention incredibly dehumanizing to the group being profiled.

It's honestly disappointing that it's 2015 and you have to explain to allegedly "pro-black" individuals why racial profiling is wrong. :snoop:

These will be the same dudes that will want to get extra indignant when the system eventually traps them and they're facing serious consequences from being on the receiving end of racial profiling.