Black Tampa: Central Ave. Black Florida series

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Italians lowkey run tampa....The trafficante mafia family ran florida and cuba back in their days

And they're pretty much old or dead now but their money is still in the city and their family members know how to keep stuff in the family and create more money . They own about every building on the ybor strip, the big steak restaurants here they own, south tampa real estate ( most expensive homes in tampa) they are part of, construction they have a bunch of money in , they own a big hotel on south dalemabry and the dude who they say is the leader of the tampa mob is the manager of one of the biggest country clubs in the city.
Yep. The Trafficante name rings heavily in Tampa's history. You can't discuss Tampa history without a nod to the Trafficante's.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Overtown has plenty of history and still has some remaining buildings, houses from that era still standing.
They still have some older residents who still live in those homes from the 30's, who refuse to move out. Overtone couldve really been something. But at least there are still black businesses there. They even have some sort of coding class or something of the sort, that takes place at the Lyric Theater I believe.

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
They still have some older residents who still live in those homes from the 30's, who refuse to move out. Overtone couldve really been something. But at least there are still black businesses there. They even have some sort of coding class or something of the sort, that takes place at the Lyric Theater I believe.

A good friend of mine is putting up an entertainment hub in overtown. Also the coding spot you referring to is "A space called tribe" which is a black owned coworking space on 3rd across the street from Jacksons soul food, felecia hatcher from black tech week runs the spot along with her husband. Fridays is free to everyone to go in there and work. I love the coworking space life

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
A good friend of mine is putting up an entertainment hub in overtown. Also the coding spot you referring to is "A space called tribe" which is a black owned coworking space on 3rd across the street from Jacksons soul food, felecia hatcher from black tech week runs the spot along with her husband. Fridays is free to everyone to go in there and work. I love the coworking space life
That's awesome. Felicia's been putting in work. I can't wait to see that entertainment hub come into fruition...

:wow:

Link me with the progress.

:wow: