Black People stop lightening your skin

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The self-hate is ridiculous

Women are conforming to meet Caucasian standards...be it in terms of bleaching their skin or wearing weave

If Nicki Minaj is indeed bleaching or has had surgery performed to look more "Eurocentric"...she's influencing millions of black girls that black isn't beautiful and to appease to white people or to make it in the pop world you have to look like them

somehow it is black men's fault.. :heh:

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

168u803.gif

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, didn't this thread escalate quickly.....

But back to the topic, I believe that in about 20 years they're gonna find out that skin bleaching causes cancer. Those people look sick. I remember on tv one day a couple of years ago this woman actually put actual BLEACH on her skin and her children's. I bet it hurt her feelings to see that it wasnt really doing anything. Good:myman:

I dont know what it is about dark skin people don't like. I believe dark skin and eyes are gorgeous.

and yeah Nicki bleaches. Makeup and lighting can only do so much.

Nicki-Minaj-talks-American-Idol-and-her-musical-journey.jpg

Even if she isn't bleaching she's trying to hard to look light/white, which is just as bad.

She looks so fake in that picture. Smh

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
it is strictly a black woman problem.

N!ggas don't bleach their skin

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Women are conforming to meet Caucasian standards...be it in terms of bleaching their skin or wearing weave

If Nicki Minaj is indeed bleaching or has had surgery performed to look more "Eurocentric"...she's influencing millions of black girls that black isn't beautiful and to appease to white people or to make it in the pop world you have to look like them

Not even bleaching, just the blond hair is enough man.

swimmingpools

strawberry bubblegum
Daps
its fukked up because i think she do that strictly because she wants to...none of them other heads in young money cash money bleach

Theyre also majority of men. And I know there are men who bleach, but still.

Idk how anyone can be surprised black people do this when a lot of us still on that "light skin is MORE attractive" bullsh-t. And then add to the fact that shes Hollywood. Again, not surprising.

ebonykiss

All Star
Daps
Bleaching is a huge problem in Asia/Africa/South America basically anywhere where there are a lot of brown people.... both women and men bleach in these regions, but the reality is people are always trying to conform to whatever standard of beauty is in place, right now that standard of beauty is whiteness

For example a lot of dudes rate a BW's beauty by the level of whiteness of her skin/features, I won't demonize those people I just feel sad for them

ebonykiss

All Star
Daps
it is strictly a black woman problem.

N!ggas don't bleach their skin

Lets me real, I don't know about in America, but in Africa and South America there are Black men that bleach, A lot of Indian Men bleach too

ebonykiss

All Star
Daps

Self-hate is ridiculous, but lets not act like the European standard of beauty and White supremacy is not widely accepted/celebrated by Black men , again a lot of Black men judge a black women's beauty by how European she looks and her ugliness by how African she looks... lets be real....

It's amazing how many BW still love themselves and their skin tone despite this fact

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Self-hate is ridiculous, but lets not act like the European standard of beauty and White supremacy is not widely accepted/celebrated by Black men , again a lot of Black men judge a black women's beauty by how European she looks and her ugliness by how African she looks... lets be real....

It's amazing how many BW still love themselves and their skin tone despite this fact

:birdman: you really going to blame black men? You said it yourself this is a problem in Asia/Africa/South America... I don't really know alot of dark skin, wide nose female celebrities as examples, but you will see black men praising Serena Williams, Naturi Naughton, Bria Myles, Nia Long, Garcelle Beauvais, the black woman on the walking dead. I agree there are self hating black men but they don't influence the majority of women whatever the race bleaching their skin/changing hair texture. This has nothing to do with men period. It's due to the beauty standard to look more "European" that anywhere that was colonized or is affected by white supremacy suffers from. Look at it this way, If a black woman went full Afrocentric, the black man that is attracted to her probably doesn't have self hate issues. Let's not make this a black men vs black women debate, it isn't rooted in that. Black men won't stop fukkin with black women, if they look Eurocentric or Afrocentric.... we love yall regardless. :pachaha:

ebonykiss

All Star
Daps
:birdman: you really going to blame black men? You said it yourself this is a problem in Asia/Africa/South America... I don't really know alot of dark skin, wide nose female celebrities as examples, but you will see black men praising Serena Williams, Naturi Naughton, Bria Myles, Nia Long, Garcelle Beauvais, the black woman on the walking dead. I agree there are self hating black men but they don't influence the majority of women whatever the race bleaching their skin/changing hair texture. This has nothing to do with men period. It's due to the beauty standard to look more "European" that anywhere that was colonized or is affected by white supremacy suffers from. Look at it this way, If a black woman went full Afrocentric, the black man that is attracted to her probably doesn't have self hate issues. Let's not make this a black men vs black women debate, it isn't rooted in that. Black men won't stop fukkin with black women, if they look Eurocentric or Afrocentric.... we love yall regardless. :pachaha:

I'm saying the blame goes both ways, Both Black men and Black women subscribe to white supremacy , all you have to do is ask the average BM who are the most attractive Black females to him and why....

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
TBH and this is from experience, as a chocolate girl growing up I was picked on here and there by black men AND women for having dark skin...but once I became a late teen, things got a lot better :ld:

Black men are the main ones that compliment me on my beauty and tell me how pretty I am. Black women as well.

Now I get attention from all races of men and I can care less whether a man think I'm ugly or hate my complexion but having a fellow black man compliment on my looks make me feel a lot more special than a white/latin/asian/Arabian man complimenting me :manny: