Black people really aren't for other black people

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
You're kinda right. You're from NY though and this principle turned up on overdrive over there. Philly is like that too, it could be a east coast thing. People are a lot more friendly and easygoing further south even in the DMV.

In public non professional settings like parties or even on the streets this is hella true. If you're approaching strangers small talking or trying to make friends you're gonna be met with a "who is this nikka :dahell:" type response.

This is mostly young black folks though older folks universally seem more chill, putting you on major game off the strength of a head nod in the grocery store type shyt.

East coast black folk are the hardest to break the ice. Souther black folks ND west coast black folk are just easier to talk to. :manny:

And I don't care for white folk too much to go to their parties with bad music and being the token.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is what happens when you live in a society where you're constantly bombarded with negative images of your own people. Eventually you start to believe it and start treating your own like scum.

I'm sure we all know black people especially in retail who act friendly towards non blacks but when to comes to fellow black people act coldly towards them.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
go to a black party.....

u get dudes standing in the corner,jacket still on, just watching men in their face,waiting for something to happen....girls could go by and for a split second their attention will shift,but will never look the chick dead in the eye

went to my last black "event "last year ,haven't been back since

lived to tell the tale

15903.jpg

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
This is what happens when you live in a society where you're constantly bombarded with negative images of your own people. Eventually you start to believe it and start treating your own like scum.

I'm sure we all know black people especially in retail who act friendly towards non blacks but when to comes to fellow black people act coldly towards them.

This, specifically the black women in all sorts of retail venues, but I'm not suppose to say that...ok carry on.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Enterprise, AL is near an Army base (Ft. Rucker). Bout 25k-30k population. I used to smash a chick that stayed out there when I lived in Bama. Lithonia, Ga is right outside of Atlanta

Would you move there?

Man On Fire

All Star
Daps
Reppin
nyc
I know cacs are racist and all the common rhetoric yadda yadda. But one thing I can say is that back in college whenever I went to cac parties I always noticed how friendly they are to literally everyone, including people of color. "Hey buddy wanna beer?" "Hey buddy wanna hit of this blunt?" Complete strangers will act like they've been your best friend of 10 years. Their women do not make themselves strangers and openly approach guys either to be friendly or flirty.

Contrast that to black parties. I dunno what it is with our culture man but our people are unbelievably stuck up. There's no sense of unity, strangers aren't friendly or for eachother and are often rude to eachother. It feels like you're constantly being judged at times. Black men wanna be on their faux-alpha male shyt at all times and are constantly trying to act "hard." What's good with that? :jbhmm:

Speaking as someone who hangs out with far more black people than white.

Self Hate:wow:

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
This is why I have trouble believing that majority of people on this site is from the hood like they say. Being wary of people you don't know is a defense mechanism. Coming from that environment you never knew if the same nikkas showing you love gon turn around and do you dirty when they get the chance. I've been to plenty of white college parties, ion know what friendliness OP talm bout

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
I was just talking to a dude who did 8 years in a Michigan Prison.

He said. The people that come together the most in Prison are the Mexicans. As soon as a Mexican gets off the bus they are trying to take care of him.

He said blacks as soon as they get off the bus other nikkas be looking at him basically wondering how they can get over him.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I'd say it's more of a western attitude rather than a black thing.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
East coast black folk are the hardest to break the ice. Souther black folks ND west coast black folk are just easier to talk to. :manny:

there is some truth to this and IMO it's because the black population in the north east isn't as uniform so you have alot of cases of ethnocentrism going on whereas the South is way more uniform and has that southern hospitality in play.

And I don't care for white folk too much to go to their parties with bad music and being the token.

I have plenty of white friends but this. OP sounding like he wants to be the white mans pet or something:scust::heh:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
But go to a non hood party down south, and people will love black folk better.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I worked in the club I see what you trying to say here but i think in varies on your location. Im in the NYC area. If its a white club and couple blacks in the club or black club and couple whites in the club its the same scenario. In the white clubs the cacs are usually feeling their entitlement, drinking, buying drinks and having a good time plus more friendly and approachable but ignorant at times. nikkas will keep to themselves if they not one of them square rubixcube head type nikkas thats even outta place even within their own race but for some reason they comfortable with cacs. At black clubs the black women aint approaching you at all, they expect you come approach them and if you do you got to be some alphamale type brolic nikka or name brand clothes niikka. For instance this club i worked in had some NY Jets nikkas come thru, no one you would know or even heard of (bench riders) but somehow the word got around that it was NY Jets in the building. You could tell who they were. Big 6'6 wide receiver looking nikka, LB nikka and maybe his boys from the hood or school. The black chics tried to make themselves seem approachable to these nikkaz but them Jets nikkaz was after the pawgs / and non blacks up in the club. shyt was funny watching this play out. Needless to say its rare seeing a friendly black woman in the club

East coast is the worst to approach women in the clubs. Sadly, the black women have the most superficial standards there. Down south and out west have the nicest black women.