Black people keep uping the ante for prom every year, I love this for us

Daps
Like I said. Your assuming the families are struggling financially. Your assuming that the young people have not planned and executed steps to secure their future on the next level. I been working with secondary school aged young people for long time. This generation has there shyt together but love style and love to celebrate each other. Toast off is a dope black American right of passage that young people enjoy and the community puts on for.
Go dyck ride another culture if you so dissatisfied with our shyt.

Do you see these neighborhoods?

And on a personal note, you work with children, and have used the incorrect version of “you’re” and “their”. We’ve noted the poor reading scores in these schools.

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
We spend so much money leasing cars but nikkas don't want to save up for a down payment on a condo in their own neighboorhood

Yas

Banned
Daps
Going all out for prom is stupid and pointless and no Idc how much their parents make it's one night.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Tattoo sleeves as a senior in HS? As a female?:scusthov:.

Cats doing all this BEFORE they step foot inside the actual prom. The prom itself must be a big letdown if you coming out the crib to fire dancers, foreign cars and billboards for photo shoots, you get inside the dance and it's just some streamers, punchbowls, and the JC Penny guy taking basic pics. These "intro" videos look even more lit than the actual prom.

Most of these kids probably not even gonna dance lol...they gon get inside and go hang with their girls or their guys. And lawd help them if they BARELY passing lol. Kids just making it to the finish line (or not at all) and they going all out, crazy!

We had a limo, rented tuxes, and a lil afterparty for our prom in 2002...this ish make us look like some lil kids lol (which we were), this ish done turned into a whole production...

Daps
It's weird seeing people use tesla's as status symbol vehicle.

Not just because Elon is racist af toward black folks. but also because nobody i know with money is buying a tesla to show off, they actually buy it because they are being frugal and trying to save on gas.
So its this weird dichotomy of rich people with tesla's because they think its a way to penny pinch, along with less wealthy people buying them so they can appear to be rich. kinda ironic
This 100%.

Elon Muskrat alone is enough reason not stunt in a Tesla. I'd rather drive a '75 Fleetwood that hasn't passed an annual inspection since 1996.

The extravagant prom stuff is cool if the kids/parents can comfortably afford it but they shouldn't be straining. Who you go with makes a difference too. Like if it's your long-term gf, that's different than just asking some random chick from the after-school French club.

Daps
Tattoo sleeves as a senior in HS? As a female?:scusthov:.

Cats doing all this BEFORE they step foot inside the actual prom. The prom itself must be a big letdown if you coming out the crib to fire dancers, foreign cars and billboards for photo shoots, you get inside the dance and it's just some streamers, punchbowls, and the JC Penny guy taking basic pics. These "intro" videos look even more lit than the actual prom.

Most of these kids probably not even gonna dance lol...they gon get inside and go hang with their girls or their guys. And lawd help them if they BARELY passing lol. Kids just making it to the finish line (or not at all) and they going all out, crazy!

We had a limo, rented tuxes, and a lil afterparty for our prom in 2002...this ish make us look like some lil kids lol (which we were), this ish done turned into a whole production...
It's for the gram (or TikTok).

I graduated in '04 and we just rented basic azz but nice tuxedos. I brought my date a nice little bracelet and our group hit up Bennigans or some shyt before going to the prom.

Showed up and we danced a bit. They had blackjack and poker tables but the "gambling" was for snacks and drinks. Saw a quite a few limos but it was usually groups of 8-10+ Some folks hit up hotels ..we just went to a couple of house parties but nothing serious went down. Just had a couple of beers and the guys and girls went ham playing Madden and NCAA football.

Errbody met up at Denny's and shut the spot down. Probably 40 of us. That was it.