Black people keep uping the ante for prom every year, I love this for us

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi

Gotta start financial irresponsibility young I see

I'm with the other breh about financial discipline and teaching the kids that. But I've also realized that for a lot of these people this is the peak of their life in a nutshell. They won't elevate any higher mentally, financially, or emotionally.So I let them cook. This will be their top social post probably for the remainder of their lives..smh
Maybe the parents are teaching them to dream big :whew: :blessed: Abundance mindset

5thbornpowerseed

All Star
Daps
I'm with the other breh about financial discipline and teaching the kids that. But I've also realized that for a lot of these people this is the peak of their life in a nutshell. They won't elevate any higher mentally, financially, or emotionally.So I let them cook. This will be their top social post probably for the remainder of their lives..smh

The fukk kinda horseshyt is this to say about some damn teenagers?

Mufukas always assume black people coming from a place of struggle or ignorance.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
The fukk kinda horseshyt is this to say about some damn teenagers?

Mufukas always assume black people coming from a place of struggle or ignorance.
It is definitely a place of financial ignorance. But we have this convo all the time. People would rather spend their money on appearing to look like they have it then actually accumulating it. I see posts like this but no posts about scholarships to college or the sort. But like I said this could be the high point of their life. So I'll let them cook. Only time will tell what comes outta the pot on the other end and we've been serving generational curses too much for my appetite.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
It is definitely a place of financial ignorance. But we have this convo all the time. People would rather spend their money on appearing to look like they have it then actually accumulating it. I see posts like this but no posts about scholarships to college or the sort. But like I said this could be the high point of their life. So I'll let them cook. Only time will tell what comes outta the pot on the other end and we've been serving generational curses too much for my appetite.

:wow:

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps

The cars they're leasing cost more than the crib they walked out of and it's brehs in here talking about they're just kids and their folks got it. Parents teaching them at a young age to fall into that consumerism and materialistic trap that has them being a slave to external validation.

5thbornpowerseed

All Star
Daps

Like I said. Your assuming the families are struggling financially. Your assuming that the young people have not planned and executed steps to secure their future on the next level. I been working with secondary school aged young people for long time. This generation has there shyt together but love style and love to celebrate each other. Toast off is a dope black American right of passage that young people enjoy and the community puts on for.
Go dyck ride another culture if you so dissatisfied with our shyt.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Like I said. Your assuming the families are struggling financially. Your assuming that the young people have not planned and executed steps to secure their future on the next level. I been working with secondary school aged young people for long time. This generation has there shyt together but love style and love to celebrate each other. Toast off is a dope black American right of passage that young people enjoy and the community puts on for.
Go dyck ride another culture if you so dissatisfied with our shyt.
Cool. But the stats don't back up what you're speaking at all. Gen Z is racking up even more debt than Millennials so they're materialistic consumers than their predecessors. Also one glance at some of these kids profiles tells me that their actual lives don't match what you're saying. They might have made some coins but they spent it on one day trying to show people that they have coins...that's called hustling backwards. But like you said it's a big deal for the neighborhood and a right of passage so you gotta show out for them...lol