Black people: Do you carry yourself professionally in public or are you hood?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Depends on who i'm around, if I'm around nikkaz i'ma be a nikka but if i'm around the yts I speak fluent Caclish, right on down to the laugh when they tell a shytty joke. :yes:

my nikka :youngsabo:

i do the same but I seldom talk to these nikkas so I'm on coli or headphones on deck :obama:

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
i just do me fukk what anybody thinks.

i couldnt give a f_ck less.. if its not a customer service job i dont care.... be proper when it calls for it, if not, f_ck n!ggas & cacs.... im me, cut me off or shut the f_ck up.........

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Business casual when im at work/school during the week. Im a pretty genuine dude but i learned how to play the game with these white folks. When im out chilling, IM CHILLING.

Time and place for everything... Only fools would say otherwise

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm pretty much the same at work and at home. Reserved, quiet, stay to myself. I'm pretty professional. I've never been seen as hood a day in my life.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
:mindblown:

I cant do that.

i just keep it at a respectable volume if i dont want kids or others to hear it.

but, i dont try appease cacs, i just care about how i portray myself. when i have kids, i never want to be wyling in public

rapper talking about n-word this, n-word that, d lin, vio lense, rapper talk subservient to cac, etc

when you hyper focus on the music, the rappers are talking/to and down to rappers/blacks

I need music, that motivates from the corner office to corner office, or for my new folks, from cube to corner office/etc

play that loud enough that voice/tone/image gets associated with you...

thats why white boys and girls, hear your tone and say thug...besides those cac are superficial and very imperfect.

but really its personal ideology...it used to be just music, though the words have meaning...its street folks rapping, there gotta be an evolution

heck yall switching it up in the office, then after work/weekend switching it back up...but really is the music evolving? still rappers music, but is the music evolving? rapper talking about coming up single mother to working in corporate and then being CEO with a bunch of shares...

u at work, and u telling me about dealing with that 99 bars locked bar, but u aint selling the consequence are you...rappers.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
I work with a lot of white and Asian folks. (IT)

I'm the only black guy in meetings 95% of the time.

not a good look.

there needs to more diversity

how are you in those meeting? leading? fly on the wall? just playing it cool?

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
Im a genuinely cool person so I dont need to "switch up." I usually dont talk too much so I wont accidently slip up. At the end of the day, I try to be myself before anything. Im not here to please but I do know the rules to the game.

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
Why does is it always have to be about what other people might think?

Maybe I'm just strange, but I couldn't care less about validation. I carry myself respectfully because that's just ME. Other people's thoughts and opinions don't come into it.

Exactly. Be respectful and BE YOURSELF, ain't nothing strange about that. What's strange to me is ppl who spend their whole life worried about what other ppl think of them. You can't spend ur whole life trying to impress whitey. The mentality of some of u brothers who post here is sad because u honestly feel that's the only way u can make something outta urself in this country.

You can be a successful black man in this country without chasing pawgs and tap dancing for these white folks.

1thouwow

Poster of the Year
Daps
ill rock a suit and talk professional when im dealing with superiors... but when i clock out im bumpin future and jeezy unedited. Im generally a cordial person regardless of race but ill fukk someone up regardless of race also :manny:

Or gender :whoo:

:whoo:

grew up in the burbs so I dont have to try :jawalrus:
:childplease:

:stopitslime:

nikkas on campus was lookin at me sideways on Friday for havin a durag on the whole day.

Them -:what:

Me-:umad: :birdman:
durags in public is lame b:birdman:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I am who I am. I dont act up unless the situation calls for it, for real. I listen to my music at whatever volume the situation calls for.

But no, I'm not that nikka walkin down the sidewalk freestylin to music off his cell phones speaker

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I'm 1 of the rare nyggaz that can lead a board meeting, directing a powerpoint presentation while turning in a department expense :jawalrus:report on excel. Then being the same nygga I grew up as on the block when I get off work. Its all about balance B

bigmac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
South London
Yeah the balance is key.

Be yourself of course but be aware that conducting some hood behaviour in a middle-class environment will do yourself very few favours. Just learn when to flit between the two and you'll be straight.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
What if you're black but you just behave like a normal person? Why do black people have to put on an act just to act like a normal functioning human in society? People get mad when I talk about how ghetto MOST blacks in America are yet black people are the ones who glorify being ghetto and stereotype themselves.

Why do black people have this idea that being a normal human being with some type of respect and civil behavior is "Acting white?"

shyt the respnses in here tell it all.

"I ACT civilized..."
"I'm still hood..."

Meaning you aren't civilized. You're a chimp who has to put on an ACT just to fit into society. This site is REALLY opening my eyes to how black people think and it makes me feel bad for defending you.

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
it really depends on what im doing. like someone said, I can turn it off and on when I want.

Im tatted on both my arms. so once I take my long sleeve shirt off...im automaticaly on some fukk shyt :yeshrug: