Black people: Do you carry yourself professionally in public or are you hood?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
:stopitslime:

nikkas on campus was lookin at me sideways on Friday for havin a durag on the whole day.

Them -:what:

Me-:umad: :birdman:

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
I am just a genuinely nice/polite person :mjpls: so I don't feel like I need to change the way I act when I'm out in public.

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
At law school (sorrounded by cacs). I keep it good rock both my year piercings but somtimes I feel like dressing business casual and sometimes I dress hood.

But when I'm doing a internship, always collared shirts and dress pants but still keep my earrings to keep it hood. :yeshrug: (My earrings are smaller diamond studs though got to keep it classy)

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
Keepin' it professional.

During the week, nothing but suits and business casual. No sneaks, haircut always lined up, polos or button downs only, alladat alladat. Professional at the happy hours/after work/class functions. No jewelry besides a watch. Dress down for the gym/work out when I'm done for the day.

Weekends, I'm chillin'. Might throw on some sneakers, them loafers and slips ons be feelin' too good though. Shorts and tee's. Also if I'm doing anything physical as well.

I'm from the suburbs so I'm always pretty proper (not "acting white"!) unless I'm trying not to be. :leon:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I act respectful but i dress bummy as FUUUUCK so I guess you could say I'm a cross between the two.

Everywhere I go i wear these old basketball shorts I've had since college, whatever shirt is nearest to me (clean or not :yeshrug:) and some Jordan sandals.

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
Grew up in the hood but I'm at the age where acting hood is thrown in the bushes. No hood'ism, but I'd look ridiculous "holding on." I look to stay neat and presentable bc in a small ass city like DC, you never who you gonna see (i.e. old ex, future boss, possible connect, etc). But trust when I say my street-smarts stay alert.

High Society

MY Kind of People
Daps
Reppin
The Country Club
A gentleman must always sustain the highest level of acquired professionalism in any setting where his endeavors may take him.

It is imperative that he exercise the upmost class in any situation by maintaining a gentlemanly composure at all times in his dealings with any man, from the proletariat, to the plebeian, to the aristocracy of society who shall entertain and allow his presence.

For a man's actions and how a gentleman carries himself will always be a determinant of the way his counterparts will perceive and treat him.

Let us present ourselves as excellent in any arena we may enter.

TYBG

Ditty Dum Ditty Doo
Supporter
Daps
A gentleman must always sustain the highest level of acquired professionalism in any setting where his endeavors may take him.

It is imperative that he exercise the upmost class in any situation by maintaining a gentlemanly composure at all times in his dealings with any man, from the proletariat, to the plebeian, to the aristocracy of society who shall entertain and allow his presence.

For a man's actions and how a gentleman carries himself will always be a determinant of the way his counterparts will perceive and treat him.

Let us present ourselves as excellent in any arena we may enter.
Victorian Thug? :dwillhuh:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Why does is it always have to be about what other people might think?

Maybe I'm just strange, but I couldn't care less about validation. I carry myself respectfully because that's just ME. Other people's thoughts and opinions don't come into it.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I gotta admit. I'm pretty hood outside of work...

Wife beater, dikkies shorts, Nike Cortez, Blowing Black and Mild or Blunts

I'm business causal 40 hrs a week so when its the evening and weekend I want to be a comfortable and do what I want and I gives a fukk what a Cac thinks.

I pay my taxes, mortgage, and take care of my fam, I don't have to prove to society I'm different then the rest. shyt I AM one of those nikkas. I just smarten up and learned how to play the game :youngsabo:

Polo & Chinos during the week, Js and Cargos on the weekends

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Depends on who i'm around, if I'm around nikkaz i'ma be a nikka but if i'm around the yts I speak fluent Caclish, right on down to the laugh when they tell a shytty joke. :yes: