Black People Are the Worlds "Entertainment"

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
I think sometimes you guys are so concerned about what white people think it has destroyed your self confidence and your respect for your own race. You say what you believe what people think about you as fact, close to fact, and you are accepting of it.

A lot of lost and self-ashamed black people in this thread.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
The question I been wrestling lately is not that, but rather what secret is being held back from us that they seem so hellbent on holding us back from? When you consider Jim Crow and redlining and cointelpro and Iran contra and constant denial of opportunity. When you think of the constant reinforced negative stereotypes in media, why so much effort?

Every single time we reach some pinnacle of understanding. Every. Single Time we as a group aspire for greatness, there becomes this concerted effort to destroy it and keep us back. But why though? Why that much effort? What can be gained from that? What comfort is there in going through that much effort to hold a people back? To dehumanized them without war being the catalyst? Is there this fear of some Christ like awakening? Like somehow our collective greatness will overshadow all achievements so therefore it's needs to be held back like some genie in a bottle. I just don't get it sometimes..
Yes. Greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing God that he wasn’t.

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
yo stop posting about that small corner of the world that isn't relevant to us. y'all are HOMOGENIZED. scottish people, irish people, and brits are genetically identical.

True, most Western Europeans are but it isn't like black folk are the only people doing dumb shyt. Just because they get more views in the states doesnt mean they do it more often mate.

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
This society has a very narrow way of "appreciating" black men. Its similar to yesterdays thread that @PeridotPuss made where I made the comment about some dudes not having the ability to recognize

women outside of their own selfish desires. I used the term "male gaze." Well, I guess you could call this topic "white gaze." You're right in your analysis of how and why white people relate to us, OP. And

all we really are IS entertainment to them. This is why our issues are never taken seriously. This is why we are given less anesthesia to shield us from pain in the hospital. We are seen as nothing more than

cartoon characters. You even see it on here with white posters who sit back and laugh at us going back and forth with one another and when we make jokes, but are no where to be found when we have

serious conversations. I also think a lot of us have internalized this, and is why so many of us bottle up our feelings/emotions/thoughts.

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
The question I been wrestling lately is not that, but rather what secret is being held back from us that they seem so hellbent on holding us back from? When you consider Jim Crow and redlining and cointelpro and Iran contra and constant denial of opportunity. When you think of the constant reinforced negative stereotypes in media, why so much effort?

Every single time we reach some pinnacle of understanding. Every. Single Time we as a group aspire for greatness, there becomes this concerted effort to destroy it and keep us back. But why though? Why that much effort? What can be gained from that? What comfort is there in going through that much effort to hold a people back? To dehumanized them without war being the catalyst? Is there this fear of some Christ like awakening? Like somehow our collective greatness will overshadow all achievements so therefore it's needs to be held back like some genie in a bottle. I just don't get it sometimes..
White supremacy depends on the concept of "black" vs the concept of "white," and what those two concepts mean in relation to one another in this white supremacist

society. This is why other POCs might have issues, but they will ALWAYS have it easier than us because "white" depends on "black" to represent negativity so that

"white" can continue to represent positivity. What would it mean to be a white person if black people were just as educated, financially stable, and represented as

they were? How would white supremacy then be perpetuated? Its like with Bill Cosby. There this idea that we have to take him down because he's this alleged rapist,

and rape is bad, which it is obviously, but in a white supremacist society you have to reinforce this notion of rape being bad to establish this image of morality...but

ONLY in a way that perpetuates white supremacy. Thats just my theory, anyway.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
The fact in football a QB is still treated as a white position (high intellect) lets you know all you need

Yep, i made a thread saying the same thing once. I cant find it. I personally believe that alot of white folk would stop fukkin with the NFL if the majority of the QB's became black. The QB is the "brains" of the team, and that position MUST remain majority white.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep, i made a thread saying the same thing once. I cant find it. I personally believe that alot of white folk would stop fukkin with the NFL if the majority of the QB's became black. The QB is the "brains" of the team, and that position MUST remain majority white.
i gotta say i find that interesting :ehh:

because im thinkin about it, and i cant ever picture QBs becoming majority black in the nfl :patrice:

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
at least black ppl got a lane what the rest of us aint got shyt unless it's in white or black cultural spaces.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

this is the same school of thought that applies to offensive coordinators and the lack of black ones pretty much at all levels of football.

it's basically implied that blacks don't have the intellect to effectively run a competent offensive scheme.