• Logan

Votes: 28 27.7%

• Total voters

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
black panther by a slim margin. logan as a character shyts on tchalla any day of the week. i like chadwick but i felt his performance wasnt as strong as michael b jordans, the chick from walking dead and even the dude who played mbaku.

thats why i prefer black panther over logan because it had so much strong characters even tho the lead was kind subdued.

both are my top 2 superhero movies.

Chadwick's performance was actually better than both of theirs, just that for the most part his wasn't as "showy", since as a character, that's not T'Challa to be all in your face and bombastic. MBJ did better than expected and I'm finding it hard to believe that some folks said his acting was chummy, but he definitely didn't out act Chadwick here at all. Just had the louder, angrier voice and had the message/lines that were speaking directly to the heart of how a lot of black folks think/feel.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No you don't. You know already know the right answer...the only answer. Now just make it.

Nah cause how I feel today may be completely different than how I feel months from now. I gave Logan a year of my time, feel like I owe Panther the same. Knee jerk reaction to shyt isn't my thing man. never has been. I want to let it rock for a while. There's no "right" answer in this equation

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
im not choosing because im not judging a pg-13 film to a r rated flick. My bloodlust is too strong
Plot is a tie.
Acting I give to BP.
Action I give to BP.
Direction I give to BP.
Theme BP.
Costume/Set design to BP.
Climax/conclusion I give to Logan.
how is plot a tie but acting isnt? :pachaha:....and as much as i love BP the wonky cgi kind of messed up the action scenes for me. That whole forest scene in logan is :whew:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
im not choosing because im not judging a pg-13 film to a r rated flick. My bloodlust is too strong

how is plot a tie but acting isnt? :pachaha:....and as much as i love BP the wonky cgi kind of messed up the action scenes for me. That whole forest scene in logan is :whew:
Hugh Jackman was great and so was Patrick Stewart but after that there's a huge drop off. BP's cast was way better across the board. And had a huge stand out with Michael B. Jordan.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

Yeah the CGI was ass as was the train battle.

Both are in my top 5 comic book movies

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Plot is a tie.
Acting I give to BP.
Action I give to BP.
Direction I give to BP.
Theme BP.
Climax/conclusion I give to Logan.
Plot is a tie.
Acting I give to BP.
Action I give to Logan.
Direction I give to BP.
Theme Logan.
Climax/conclusion I give to Logan

My opinion differs on two different points and because of that they are both tied up for me. Both movies made me feel something. But since Wolverine is my favorite comic book character of all time he gets the automatic Win out of pure bias.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Hugh Jackman was great and so was Patrick Stewart but after that there's a huge drop off. BP's cast was way better across the board. And had a huge stand out with Michael B. Jordan.
uhh x-23 was fantastic. So was the black family. It was all about that main 3 core tho. I didnt see the huge dropoff, i even liked the cat with the robot arm but i digress
Yeah the CGI was ass as was the train battle.

Both are in my top 5 comic book movies
i concur :ehh:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m gonna go with Logan. It was special to finally see Wolverine how I’ve always envisioned him and not the bullshyt Fox gave us for so many years. I felt like I waited a long time for that.

Both are in my top 3 now with Winter Soldier. But I really need to see how BP ages when my excitement for it dies down(seen it three times now and it’s still amazing). That’s always been my main issue with MCU movies, they age like milk.

But it’s hard to compare them because the movies felt like different genres. BP felt like a MCU comic book movie where no matter what, I knew everything would somehow work out for T’Challa and Wakanda in the end. Logan felt depressing as fukk from jump because I just knew shyt wasn’t going to end well.