Black Panther- breaking record Watch Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
:yeshrug: is what it is. The timeline doesn't match up with claims, imo. Either way, Don't know why yall nikkas chose to bring that stannning nonsense in here (or any Black Panther thread) knowing we all support it and want it to be a big success :gucci:
I never said it had to be according to some arbitrary timeline, you did. DC Stans whether they knew they would become one at the time shyt on the prospect of this movie happening. The end. :hubie: No need to get in your feelings about that fact.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
:hubie:to be fair @Still FloW wasn't saying he didn't want it made and at the time all we could go by was D'Esposito talking sideways a Black Panther film.

Playing coy, I don't know. For all we know the original plan could've been to give him the Falcon, Black Widow, and Hulk treatment.

im confused ?? nikkas talking shyt bout me ???

Black Lightning

Superstar
Daps
7Bnx667.png

6ba999c8c341769cf2e0c4b63b876764.png

:what:DC needs to fire who ever is in charge because that's just pathetic.

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
I am now setting the o/u at 900 million for BP. But this looks like a weak year for big budget cinema, so it may hit 1.1 billy. Coogler got the juice.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
So here's the international breakdown so far

‘Black Panther’ Leaps Over $200M Offshore; Where It’s Hot And Where It’s Not

As Disney/Marvel’s Black Panther continues its record-breaking run at domestic turnstiles, it’s passing $200M at the international box office today. That’s after logging $199.2M through Tuesday in 48 markets. Worldwide, the Ryan Coogler-helmed superhero movie has landed $462.3M through Tuesday.
:obama:

The overseas Tuesday was $14.6M to represent 11% of the opening weekend. It’s performing well ahead of Doctor Strange and slightly topping last year’s Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2 and Thor: Ragnarok, neither of which were clear comps ahead of the opening weekend that smashed expectations. Percentage-wise BP‘s first Tuesday overseas outperformed that of Captain America: Civil War which was at 10%.

The UK has edged out Korea as the No. 1 overseas market with $28.5M through Tuesday versus Korea’s $28.3M. Korea has nevertheless been wild throughout the first week. Its opening was ahead of Doctor Strange and Ragnarok and already exceeded the entire runs of Guardians Of The Galaxy and Ant-Man. A huge Marvel hub, Korea sent a Valentine to Black Panther when it opened on February 14 — a non-traditional Wednesday. That led in to four days of Chinese New Year holiday play.

Brazil is now the No. 3 market with $11.5M followed by Australia and Mexico tied at $10.9M. France is next where T’Challa climbed past 1M admissions in the first week, the 3rd best start of the year and ahead of Doctor Strange, Thor and Guardians Of The Galaxy in their first 7-day stretches. The cume there is $9.5M.
Of the markets where BP isn’t having as hot a run, Germany and Italy are at $6.7M and $4.1M, respectively. :mjpls:Rivals over the weekend were quick to point to the lower returns there, saying the phenomenon we’re seeing elsewhere is not translating. It’s fair to note that in the case of Italy, it’s not a terribly strong Marvel market, and BP should finish similar to Doctor Strange, DC’s Justice League and Guardians 2. Germany likewise doesn’t always overindex on Marvel, but it loves its Ana and Christian, and that was an impediment at open where Fifty Shades Freed dominated the No. 1 spot for the 2nd weekend in a row in what is that film’s top market.

The holds in Asia will be ones to watch, and the jury is still out on whether this movie means films with predominantly Black casts will all of a sudden be guaranteed big numbers overseas, an issue we addressed before offshore play started. We’ll know more about front-loading this coming weekend, and the ultimate test will be China beginning March 9. Russia :jbhmm:opens tomorrow, followed by Japan :jbhmm:the following week and then China.:jbhmm:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never said it had to be according to some arbitrary timeline, you did. DC Stans when there whether they knew they would become one at the time shyt on the prospect of this movie happening. The end. :hubie: No need to get in your feelings about that fact.
How is that arbitrary? That was the flow in which things did happen. What is arbitrary is you retroactively giving the title of "DC Stans" to a couple of posters before the DCEU fanboyism even started.
But as mentioned before the MCU producer himself brought doubt to a Black Panther solo movie being made with his comments. So to lump anyone taking him for his word as part of some arbitrary fanboyism is erroneous and a bit silly, imo :yeshrug:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a nagging feeling that IW won't be as big as BP for some reason. I feel like all those folks who went to see BP aren't going to see IW.
A lot of people I know don't mess with these type of movies but showed up for Black Panther because it's a black film. I doubt if they have any interest on Infinity War. It's like how the success of Wonder Woman didn't help Justice League

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Any Black person upset about the barriers being broken with this film is an opp. No exceptions.
The door has been smashed wide open for Black creators to get more funding and support for the projects they want to do.
I still don't think this will happen

History tells us that whites would rather keep it white but I'm hopeful.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
A lot of people I know don't mess with these type of movies but showed up for Black Panther because it's a black film. I doubt if they have any interest on Infinity War. It's like how the success of Wonder Woman didn't help Justice League
No the hell it isn't:what:

Infinity War is the climax to the most succesful franchise of all time

Justice League was a part of a franchise that was reeling along with it being a shyt movie