Black Myth Wukong delayed indefinitely on Xbox

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Hyperbole.

Game isn't flawless but its beyond playable on every platform that it has released on to-date.
Pretty much any game that comes out is “playable”

All the games being called “unplayable” is hyperbole.

For this one it has lots of glaring problems that got way more attention in other instances.

So many people enjoying this game and ignoring its performance issues is just proof, most people DGAF about any of that stuff. It’s just used as agenda ammo based in the game :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah, pretty much. It has technical issues, which no one has ignored, which fools like @The Mad Titan (Aka, The Concerned Titan, whom should concern himself on his own alleged platform of choice more than anything) would have some believe , but they aren't game breaking on current platforms. Guess they were actually game-breaking on the MessBox, hence its delay.
from the ign review
The worst, though, was one particular fight in which the boss would plunge me down through the ground during the transition to its final phase, only to have me fall through the world once I regained control of my character. This kept on happening to the point where I thought my game was unavoidably bugged and I wouldn’t be able to reach the end, but my insanity of trying the same thing over and over again eventually yielded a different result for no discernible reason.

This is game breaking. Any other game would get totally trashed for shyt like this :manny:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Pretty much any game that comes out is “playable” - not if the technical issues severely hinders, obstructs or removes all in-game progress.

All the games being called “unplayable” is hyperbole.

For this one it has lots of glaring problems that got way more attention in other instances. - In other instances, said problems were far more prevalent, egregious and multi-faceted.

So many people enjoying this game and ignoring its performance issues is just proof, most people DGAF about any of that stuff. It’s just used as agenda ammo based in the game :manny:
No one's ignored said issues, as I stated above. Hell, there's been docks in some reviews over it. Just that the game is still enjoyed nonethless. Your madness is proclaimed as one thing, behind the guise of another thing, that you and we all know too well. But please continue to free fall spiral into your descent tho. It's hilarious.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
personally on console you can now expect games you run passable to pure shyt. look ugly, buggy etc. this is for multis. exclusives are usually solid. This is the trade off for being able to play it on the cheaper platform. NOoowwww if the same shyt is occuring on PC for a game when the horns can be blared because if you have a top or near top of the line rig and the shyt is still acting or looking goofy that just shows they didn't know what the fukk they were doing in the first place as far as optimization for console too. overall its not right, but if your only platform is xbox/ps5 you gonna have to deal with horrid optimization from some of these devs who simply don't care lol.

Still, We have to stop giving these hoe ass devs excuses and "shyt is playable". fukk that. HFW and ghosts are huge, beautiful games that run just fine on ps5. Why put up with a multi that is not as an expansive (not talking about wukong here, in general) that ends up running AND looking worse. shyts madness.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Dragon’s Dogma 2’s performance was way worse than wukong and it still didni’t make it “unplayable” for me

Lies

Digital foundry said:
Quality mode seems like it might want to target 30fps, but instead it tends to fluctuate between 31 and 36fps - truly bizarre. The frame-rate cap here either isn't working, or is working in an extremely strange way.

This mode targets 45fps within a 60Hz container, a kind of frame delivery no man's land that reliably delivers judder as the game alternates between long and short frame-times. The only other time we've seen this is in the truly horrible port of Arkham Asylum in the Return to Arkham Collection on Xbox One X, and it makes just as little sense here.

This puts the game in an uncomfortable place, as you're getting the visual fluidity of 60fps, but with graphical artefacts and more input lag than you'd expect at 30fps - not ideal for an action game, even on played on gamepad

My impression is that this is a PC-first release from developers that don't have a lot of experience developing for PS5, because a lot of the conventions and concessions that console games typically use just aren't here.

Game is pretty much as bad as a game can get on console.

But of course Digital Foundry is no longer a valid source cause the game got delayed on xbox :wow:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
personally on console you can now expect games you run passable to pure shyt. look ugly, buggy etc. this is for multis. exclusives are usually solid. This is the trade off for being able to play it on the cheaper platform. NOoowwww if the same shyt is occuring on PC for a game when the horns can be blared because if you have a top or near top of the line rig and the shyt is still acting or looking goofy that just shows they didn't know what the fukk they were doing in the first place as far as optimization for console too. overall its not right, but if your only platform is xbox/ps5 you gonna have to deal with horrid optimization from some of these devs who simply don't care lol.

Still, We have to stop giving these hoe ass devs excuses and "shyt is playable". fukk that. HFW and ghosts are huge, beautiful games that run just fine on ps5. Why put up with a multi that is not as an expansive (not talking about wukong here, in general) that ends up running AND looking worse. shyts madness.
PC world is not free of these problems either tho. Horrid optimization is usually the claims there as well. This game obviously is an example of that. Let alone the multitude of pc releases that had worse issues at launch. We in the patch world era now. Just is what it is.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The same quote the guy stated to have passed that section. Ultimately resulting in it being frustrating, not game breaking.
Like i said when a bug is called “game breaking” it’s usually some shyt like that.

Games are tested for certification. Actually broken games are usually not released.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
No one's ignored said issues, as I stated above. Hell, there's been docks in some reviews over it. Just that the game is still enjoyed nonethless. Your madness is proclaimed as one thing, behind the guise of another thing, that you and we all know too well. But please continue to free fall spiral into your descent tho. It's hilarious.

Again. no game that gets a release is actually “unplayable”

Wu Kongs issues are way worse than plenty of games that got thrashed more for their perfomance.

I’m 100% sure if the devs didn’t shyt on women and delay the xbox version the convo would be more about how broken the game actually is. But the people who would usually push that conversation have their own motivation to not have that conversation. :hubie:

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
PC world is not free of these problems either tho. Horrid optimization is usually the claims there as well. This game obviously is an example of that. Let alone the multitude of pc releases that had worse issues at launch. We in the patch world era now. Just is what it is.

Yeah but its usually only when you trying to run high- max settings or some shyt. I can run anything if I don't put it in 4k max rt etc etc.

There isn't really much wiggle room on console. you get a performance mode, a quality mode. have fun. Its whats really moved me off of console lately. I wish I would have waited for pc release of ff16 to experience it there :mjlol: