Black Myth: Wukong | August 20, 2024 | PS5/PC

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I didn't realize there was an argument going on about this game but from what I've seen, the game looks very interesting as a fan of asian culture, you know, samurais and all that. The whole Monkey King thing is cool. Watching the combat I don't completely get "Souls" from it and I read somewhere that they don't have the XP loss mechanic that souls games have. Haven't reach much outside of that but if it's a "boss rush" game that isn't a good or bad thing. It's going to come down to how fun that combat loop is and leveling up. Armored Core was received with high praise and is a boss rush game.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I didn't realize there was an argument going on about this game but from what I've seen, the game looks very interesting as a fan of asian culture, you know, samurais and all that. The whole Monkey King thing is cool. Watching the combat I don't completely get "Souls" from it and I read somewhere that they don't have the XP loss mechanic that souls games have. Haven't reach much outside of that but if it's a "boss rush" game that isn't a good or bad thing. It's going to come down to how fun that combat loop is and leveling up. Armored Core was received with high praise and is a boss rush game.
Yup, i think “boss rush” is more interesting than uninspired attempts at Dark Souls type level design.

I think i read there’s like 80 bosses or something like that.

If the bosses are unique and varied and the combat stays fresh this game can be VERY good.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is projection from you weirdos i have not said anything bad about the game.

Yet for whatever reason yall already in stan mode so we can’t actually talk about the game. :stopitslime:

Every preview out there has talked about how the game is more akin to a boss rush style game than a souls style game.

This is how the press is describing it based on what they’ve played.

I ain’t making it up. If the press is wrong than so be it, but at this point we can only talk about what’s been presented.

Y’all wanna claim i’m the one “stanning” when @Gizmo_Duck clearly came in here making up lies trying to set the narrative about the game opposite of the actual preview info we have.

It ain’t me :hubie:

Nah, u stanning.
It's a multiplat game, stand down soldier.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Previews:This is a boss rush style game.

Me: Boss rush could be a good thing :ehh:

Sony stan’s: Press is lying, meach is stanning, random cac from resetera has it all figured out.

Sony nikkas crazy :mjlol:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Too late, he’s activiated, its a sony game :mjlol:

Would somebody mind making a RoboCop HUD app for the AVP? It could include  a voice stress analyser, playback mode and targeting system, plus  associated sound effects, and be called RoboVision Pro. :
To be fair to him every preview has literally labelled it as such. What he said is valid, and just to balance things out and to further elaborate on that. Despite the previews calling it a boss rush type game they did mention that there could be more to the game. What they experienced though was literally boss fights upon boss fights with little to no other contents between.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
To be fair to him every preview has literally labelled it as such. What he said is valid, and just to balance things out and to further elaborate on that. Despite the previews calling it a boss rush type game they did mention that there could be more to the game. What they experienced though was literally boss fights upon boss fights with little to no other contents between.

Other people have said they played the game and the demo at SGF was just built that way. Thats what the entire thread post i copied was about

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Other people have said they played the game and the demo at SGF was just built that way. Thats what the entire thread post i copied was about
I am not disagreeing with you, what I am saying is that what has been presented so far is literally a boss rush type of game. As per what you posted even the individual queried as to why the devs have done that. We can only go by what has been presented, when reviews hit we will have further clarity as to what the game contains.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
This game and Dragonball are inspired by this old Japan folk story called Journey to the West. It's a story about a monkey king that has a stretching staff as a weapon.
Hell there was one game with Sun Wukong where they actually got Sean Schemmel, Goku's English voice actor, to play him