Black Monday TV Series - Showtime (Don Cheadle & Regina Hall/80's Wall Street Comedy/Jan. 20th)

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Other than the fact that one show is about stock scams and the other is about spies, underneath it all they are both adult "office sitcoms" with plenty of cartoon violence. And Blair reminds me of Cyril for some reason, plus the rivalry with the Lehman Brothers reminds me a little of the rivalry with ODIN/Barry.

I think it just hit me during the latest episodes because Blair's "Christmas Carol" visions seemed to be the type of thing that Archer would do. Especially when he compared it to Scrooge McDuck.:duck:

I guess I can see that a little, yeah.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Its still a cool lil watch.... But I have no idea where they are headed. They are so far removed from the original premise of the show. Not really anything dealing with stock market or black Monday anymore. Regina and Don are good enough to make it entertaining though

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been watching this shyt for a couple seasons and am just now coming to terms with the fact it sucks.

I wanna like it, the writing is very tongue in cheek silly but has never been laugh out loud funny.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The episode with Balkie from Perfect Strangers as a drug crazed deviant was crazy.

You got to be of a certain age to get the Nothing's going to stop me now reference :wow:

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Finally caught up with this, after totally forgetting about it.

It still makes me laugh, but they should probably end it.

Every now and then they still surprise me, like with the "... makes Bill Cosby look like Cliff Huxtable" line.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
3rd season was the weakest but it's hard to compete with the brilliance if the 1st 2 seasons. They should end it next season.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I completely forgot about this show after S1…just randomly popped in my head…can’t remember if I was feeling it or not

*edit*

looking at my old posts seems I enjoyed S1 so I’ll give S2 a chance

that last ep was fukking great!
forgot about this...I’m in
just watched the trailer...can’t say I’m particularly excited...I felt like the story was “completed” last season...I hope I don’t end up bailing on this like ‘house of lies’...shyt SHO in general has a few shows I’ve watched that tend to peak in the 1st season