Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Official Thread)

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt was :wow:

I wanted one of those cookies during the second story, but the way it was used in the third has me :whoa:

Ready to work :smugdraper:

The song the chick was singing at karaoke is the song the chick sang in 15 Million Merits :whoo:

(Speaking of sly nods, more fun arrived for fans with tips of the cap back to previous Black Mirror episodes. The username of one of the online pervs watching Harry in the first story is I_AM_WALDO, in reference to The Waldo Moment, an episode also referenced in the news ticker running underneath the news of story three’s train crash with the line “MP Liam Monroe claims Twitter account hacked”. On the same ticker is the headline “Victoria Skillane appeal bid rejected”, referencing the protagonist of White Bear, also directed by Carl Tibbetts. And was that the talent show from Fifteen Million Merits glimpsed mid channel-flicking?)

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Damn. I gotta check this out. I was in an awful mood last night, watched the trailer, and didn't wanna watch anything too dark. I'll check it out tonight.

Since it's an anthology, should you watch in random order (I was gonna pick the best ones ya'll are talking about) or should I really just start from the beginning and go through in order?

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Damn. I gotta check this out. I was in an awful mood last night, watched the trailer, and didn't wanna watch anything too dark. I'll check it out tonight.

Since it's an anthology, should you watch in random order (I was gonna pick the best ones ya'll are talking about) or should I really just start from the beginning and go through in order?
can watch in any order but i guess you might aswell watch it in order.

HowardHughes

Still hiding
Daps
Reppin
Vegas
I haven't watched the Waldo ep yet but I'm gonna say Histroy of You was the best ep out of all 5 I saw. Then White Bear>Be Right Back>15 Minutes>Dude fukking the pig

yeappp pretty much agreed

History of you >>>>>>>

id replace dude fukkin the pig with be right back tho

the christmas ep with jon hahm should be :wow:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i knew the twist was a police ting as soon as he killed the guy.

episode was piff, Jon Hamm might aswell kill himself :mjcry:
wasn't the red block a symbol of a sexual criminal? He'll be killed before he gets a chance to kill himself

EarlyMaridia

All Star
Daps
wasn't the red block a symbol of a sexual criminal? He'll be killed before he gets a chance to kill himself

My guess is that's why the camera hovered over that one guy and the snowglobe for longer than anyone else (or at least that's what it inferred). He should have gotten that deal written on paper first. :smh:

This special :whew:

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel very underwhelmed after watching the Christmas episode. The twist didn't have the shock delivered in earlier episodes and the ending felt very flat in it's delivery. There was no "damnnnnnnn..." moment either which is also very disappointing.

I honestly thought the episode was going to go in a completely different with the introduction of the new technology "Cookie."

I thought that since the Cookie is a type of advanced artificial intelligence that essentially feels real, that it would never stop trying to get back into it's body. I understand that they "broke" them in order to get them to comply and that some were never able to but I felt that there is a hugely miss opportunity there for entertainment.

I envisioned something to the effect of the "desire" to leave was something that a few of the "Cookies" retain. That latent desire begins to make them act out which Technical Suppot deems as bugs and releases patches to fix the problem although it does not. The "Cookies" start attacking the people in their homes. One example was locking someone in their shower and severely burning them. The only reason the person doesn't die is that they break the glass of the shower. The news hits and "Cookie"'s public face is sullied but everyone still rocks them like iPhones because they are the s h i t.

The "Cookies" then start to organize. Since that have internet access, they congregate online and begin to brainstorm on how to make themselves known. The next killing is causing a severe allergic reaction in a customer's food that would never happen as A. "Cookies" know you and wouldn't order food that could kill you and B. The food is automatically made and ordered so something like that shouldn't even be a possibility.

I haven't decided if the "Cookies" want to get back into their bodies (which seems unlikely to make happen in a reasonable way) or if they will take the stance that it is cruel and unusual punishment to separate someone from themselves and make them an assistant. If I go with the latter, the "Cookies" agree to stop killing people and be shutdown under the pretense that the technology is never used. Of course they leave some volunteers behind to make sure that their orders are complied with.

The references that I caught were
The "I_AM_WALDO" screen name which is a reference to the Waldo episode.
I "Eye" technology is a variation of the one shown in the Complete History of You episode.
The pregnancy test is the same one used in Be Right Back.
The show in 15 Million Merits is clicked through on the television.
The "Cookie" technology seems like an upgrade of the AI program used in Be Right Back.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
I feel very underwhelmed after watching the Christmas episode. The twist didn't have the shock delivered in earlier episodes and the ending felt very flat in it's delivery. There was no "damnnnnnnn..." moment either which is also very disappointing.

I honestly thought the episode was going to go in a completely different with the introduction of the new technology "Cookie."

I thought that since the Cookie is a type of advanced artificial intelligence that essentially feels real, that it would never stop trying to get back into it's body. I understand that they "broke" them in order to get them to comply and that some were never able to but I felt that there is a hugely miss opportunity there for entertainment.

I envisioned something to the effect of the "desire" to leave was something that a few of the "Cookies" retain. That latent desire begins to make them act out which Technical Suppot deems as bugs and releases patches to fix the problem although it does not. The "Cookies" start attacking the people in their homes. One example was locking someone in their shower and severely burning them. The only reason the person doesn't die is that they break the glass of the shower. The news hits and "Cookie"'s public face is sullied but everyone still rocks them like iPhones because they are the s h i t.

The "Cookies" then start to organize. Since that have internet access, they congregate online and begin to brainstorm on how to make themselves known. The next killing is causing a severe allergic reaction in a customer's food that would never happen as A. "Cookies" know you and wouldn't order food that could kill you and B. The food is automatically made and ordered so something like that shouldn't even be a possibility.

I haven't decided if the "Cookies" want to get back into their bodies (which seems unlikely to make happen in a reasonable way) or if they will take the stance that it is cruel and unusual punishment to separate someone from themselves and make them an assistant. If I go with the latter, the "Cookies" agree to stop killing people and be shutdown under the pretense that the technology is never used. Of course they leave some volunteers behind to make sure that their orders are complied with.

The references that I caught were
The "I_AM_WALDO" screen name which is a reference to the Waldo episode.
I "Eye" technology is a variation of the one shown in the Complete History of You episode.
The pregnancy test is the same one used in Be Right Back.
The show in 15 Million Merits is clicked through on the television.
The "Cookie" technology seems like an upgrade of the AI program used in Be Right Back.

yoooooo :ohhh:

that would of been so much better if your cookie plot happened, man they missed a step for real :snoop:

like the cookie could start some terminator shyt aswell but ofcourse that would be very extreme