Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Official Thread)

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
As a Choose Your Own Adventure book aficionado, I appreciated it for what it was and it gave me a bit of nostalgia. Is the storyline the best? Not even close, but as one of the first extensive forays into this type of interactive media, I enjoyed myself and hope others will expand upon it.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
We should really have a thread for each season and special. The New comers (including myself) break the stride of the conversation of the latest episodes

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
I thought White Bear was overrated. Not because the plot wasn't interesting, but I had no reason to give a fukk about anyone. I couldn't place myself in anyone's position and question their thought process.
The character who I think was Tim Roth or at least looked him. Could see himself doing it as a righteous act to avenge the little girl. I couldn't see myself doing that shyt more than a few times. Unless the pay is really good.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
Yeah like i dont think the punishment warranted with what he did. The pedophile also made me sad too tbh. Like, if someone is a pedo and they r really young, they should get help and intense therapy for their compulsions. This might not be a popular opinion here, but I dont think pedophilia is chosen. I think these people have a real, instinctual sexual attraction to children. They are developmentally delayed/ stunted and other mental ilnesses, if the person acts on their urges, this one has effects on other people. They should be in a mental facility or something. Just my opinion tho.
Breh most people ignorantly think mental illnesses are freely chosen and that you simply have to "man up" towards trauma lol smh. Your words fall on upon deaf ears. I'm not saying this to pardon anyone but if their was a way pedophilic urges was detected early in someone without having a victim or because they were the victim of it. Free therapy and counseling for it, would be great.

Instead people worry about the shame admitting that and then instead end up acting on it eventually. Not to sound like a hippie but I think a lot of problems people deal with mentally would be very well treated if society was more caring and sympathetic. Schools should educate on mentally illness and trauma along with sex ed.

Leave the sex ed for middle School and highschool. Start teaching from elementary trauma. That would make the anti bullying campaigns better. Children need to know besides why it's wrong morally. Even detecting who has abusive parents at home would make a difference. Instead we got dumbass cac liberals teaching crazy shyt in school like saying boys have hymens smfh.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
That Hang the DJ song was so catchy at that point in the episode so I looked up the video.

Breh doing the
full
in the video

:mjlol:

:laff:

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
4) Metalhead - I've watched it again and after some research, it grew up on me a lot.
What research you do exactly?
I might be the only person who enjoyed that episode.

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
Haven't read anything on this thread yet', but will.

I've watched all 4 seasons of Black Mirror and i have to say it is one of the most racially coded programmes I've ever come across.
Gus T Renegae of the Context Of White Supremacy (COWS) has done a far better and more critical analysis of the show with Dr Mark Kervokian author of Color Monitors. (search it on YouTube)

My jaw hit the floor so many times watching this series.:dwillhuh:

Effectively it's layered into the 3 distinct yet intertwined themes:
1. is the obvious critique of how technology and human nature (greed, lust, need for love , acceptance, sex, gender roles etc etc) will be intertwined in the future (already is with social media)

2. is a critique and portrayl of how the white world already operates in modern times (workplace, family structures, media, child rearing, white women vs white men, corrupt power structures/people etc etc)

3. is the most important and my observation is that it is THE main message behind this series, from its name "BLACK MIRROR' to the season finale of season 4 "BLACK MUSEUM" , all the standard white supremacist hollywood codes are strictly adhered to
a.black people bodies being used as guinea pigs for white medical/technological advancements

b. emasculated black males in ALL aspects of life (in season 4 the black guy who marries the white women who gets hit by a car twice has to make the most important decision of his life and twice he's overruled by the women in his life)

c. black women lusting for white men and being treated a just sluts that you fukk and move on from
d. the promotion of AFFLUENT/RICH/RESOURCEFUL black people having mullatoe kids with white people ( this is like how whites infused their genetics with the non-white people in South Africa, New Zealand, Australia , Brazil etc , eventually they encourage the light skinned mullattoes who look or can pass for white to also procreate with white people, within 3-4 generations they have not only infused their recessive genes with black ones, they also boost the population numbers of the overall white population.
Again please note that these so called interracial couples are promoted in controlled white environments and the black person is always a minority.

d. black people sacrificing their lives and overall well being to protect or save a white person's life, even white strangers for no reason whatsoever

The racist codes go on and on and on and on. The racism in Black Mirror redundant, subtle at times and ubiquitous. :francis:

i got more observations but i don't wanna get too long winded, I highly suggest the COWS episode breaking down this programme.

Peace from South Africa.

Facts. Exhibit d. happens twice in that shytty movie Bird Box

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
I can't speak for anyone else, but I would expect that "research" refers to what Boston Dynamics is doing with their dog robots:

giphy.gif
Honestly I don't think that's it. It's programmed to hunt while equipped with an advance AI. It's not similar to Bender from Futurama with human like thoughts, impulses, emotions and personality. I don't it's about a vendetta but more trespassers will be shot. Since it's a warehouse and the future. Maybe theirs a law that allows it to simply hunt the theives to death. No concern for jailing them and a way to keep people fearful of doing it. Without Metalhead providing us any backstory. I'm just speculating like you. Probably over thought it lol

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
Bandersnatch dropped December 28. AFTER YOU WATCH IT. Discussion starts on page 131. Not enough people use spoiler tags in this thread. You've been warned brehs and brehettes