Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Official Thread)

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How us pirates gonna get around this?

:patrice:
:umad:

anyway the best ending was when i had him destroy the computer. everything else was progressively more fukked up. i don't even want to know what happens if you chop the body, that's where i rolled credits. :whoa:

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The cac from the "Detroit" movie is a great actor. He had me hating him so much from that movie that I got lowkey mad when he first appeared on screen :russ:However, he had me loving him [pause] in this episode.

Dude was dropping gems about how the universe works :wow:

Overall, Black fukking Mirror delivers again. GOAT TV show :banderas:

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
The best ending was when
Colin's daughter grows up to remaster the game. I feel like the cycle continues and she beheads someone before finishing the game.

On reddit, I'm seeing a few scenarios that I didn't get to see even spending a couple hours going through the options.

Last edited:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Brooker managed to pull off the meta-commentary without too many matryoshka dolls (breaking the fourth wall was a nice touch), but the novelty of the interactive soon wears thin going through all the soft/hard endings, which were all generally of the same note, and while I gather that's the point, they ultimately lose their effect and take away from the story.

Still an exceptional piece of filmmaking (for the experience alone) that exhausts the mind just thinking how long it took to put together.

It's basically a Tell Tale Game on Netflix :laugh:

I fukked with it though.

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Is there a 'preferred' path? More so viewing the episode how creators intended?

A challenge that Netflix is putting to viewers is to figure out how many endings there are in Bandersnatch. Though there are too many possible paths along the way even for Netflix to count, the endings are more quantifiable. But Jones and Brooker want to make clear that there is no right or wrong end to the story. "There's no correct path," said Brooker. When viewers reach an ending, an "End Credits" prompt appears. Viewers can either start over or continue on with a new set of choices. Since the state-tracking technology will guide viewers to revisit crucial scenes they may have missed, Jones stresses that viewers should keep playing, instead of restarting: "The character learns things through different branches that then allows them to have a different experience moving forward and leads them to a different emotional conclusion."

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I had to Google what that was. Interested to know what y'all cats think about the CYOA element of it all, coming from someone that doesn't play video games?

Well the set up was just like those games, you get put in scenarios and get about 10 seconds to pick an option for different paths/outcomes, a lot of them seem inconsequential but the immersion factor can be cool without all the mind warping first person shooting games.

I know after a while I had to shut that shyt off because I was getting sucked in. I almost want to watch it again and see if there are paths that I missed (specifically regarding Colin) but at some point I realized that I needed to chill lol

I think Black Mirror should do another one of these joints.