Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
California
Surprised to see so much love for "Hate in the Nation." :ehh:

Thought it was one of the show's weaker episodes. Not a fan of shows blatantly dumbing down technical details through a singular character just so the audience can follow along... on some Scooby Doo shyt. The bee swarm scenes reminded me of the cheesiness from The Happening. Dragged in the third quarter of the episode to the point I actually fell asleep on first attempt. :francis:

Rest of season 3 was crack. Still :damn: from "Playtest" and I watched that over a week ago. :whew:

Really?? I thought that shyt was like a dope ass movie. Something similar to that premise is actually currently being done in China.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
Show is a hit & miss for me....highly rated episodes like "San Junipero" were weak to me...but the soundtrack & score on that episode brehs :wow:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I hate what the pundits turned USS Calister into. It's a great episode that's really supposed to make you think but certain rags have deemed it some feminist statement.

I thought that episode was cool but not all that. I'm a fan of the simpler episodes that could either technically happen in real life (like the troll episode in season 3) or episodes that are realistic except for one fictional element (like the soldier episode from season 3). When they start adding too much fictional shyt my mind just kinda tunes out. I thought "USS Callister" was gonna be about how people's personality changes when they're online, online gaming, etc. shyt like that....then they introduced the DNA copier and lost me. I think the episode would've been more effective if the "copies" of his co-workers were AI based and they slowly realized they were just copies of people in real life. And maybe tried to contact their real life counterparts. Something like that.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Finally finished this.
Was pretty indifferent towards "Metalhead". Wasn't wack or anything but they all died trying to get toys for a kid. :gucci:

The last ep was dope because it was like "Tales From The Crypt". The first segment was the best to me. It was actually written by Penn of Penn & Teller. :dwillhuh:

All 3 segments were dope but I was kinda :patrice:about the resolution. I liked how it was his daughter and how she got revenge but again, they tried to do too much with the technology with her copying the guy then putting him into the hologram....shyt was a bit too complicated.

Over all season 4 was dope though.

Fred.