Black Midwesterners Appreciation

Daps

Just keeping it a buck. When I was in college, the black dudes from the south and midwest were extra country. Lingo, dress, and other attitudes were things I wasn't used to. I'm from Boston, so we don't have country folks up here, unless they're transplants.

Daps
I don’t consider midwestern blacks country. The white people yea but the black people just live in what used to be live cities.

Nah. Brehs from Indiana and other midwestern states definitely do not have the same attitudes and behaviors of North East blacks. There are obviously exceptions, but that's because those dudes were likely exposed to NY brehs at some point or did their best to emulate that swag. Just so we're clear, I'm not trying to say NY brehs are better than these dudes. They just have a vibe that I fukk with more than, say, the typical cat from Oklahoma.

But I'm going to keep it all the way real with you. I feel the same way about brehs in the South and the West, too. Let's keep it a buck. Although they have a lot of clout chasing problems (like co-signing that snitch clown 69), NY and even Boston brehs have set the standard for swag in our community. People have always copied how we dress, how we talk, how we move. Everyone else is always coming up on shyt late. In Detroit, they started wearing True Religions years after NE brehs were off that shyt. It's the truth. Sadly, now the dudes who used to set the trends are chasing them. NY brehs are trying to sound like drill and trap rappers. shyt is backwards.:yeshrug:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Nah. Brehs from Indiana and other midwestern states definitely do not have the same attitudes and behaviors of North East blacks. There are obviously exceptions, but that's because those dudes were likely exposed to NY brehs at some point or did their best to emulate that swag. Just so we're clear, I'm not trying to say NY brehs are better than these dudes. They just have a vibe that I fukk with more than, say, the typical cat from Oklahoma.

But I'm going to keep it all the way real with you. I feel the same way about brehs in the South and the West, too. Let's keep it a buck. Although they have a lot of clout chasing problems (like co-signing that snitch clown 69), NY and even Boston brehs have set the standard for swag in our community. People have always copied how we dress, how we talk, how we move. Everyone else is always coming up on shyt late. In Detroit, they started wearing True Religions years after NE brehs were off that shyt. It's the truth. Sadly, now the dudes who used to set the trends are chasing them. NY brehs are trying to sound like drill and trap rappers. shyt is backwards.:yeshrug:

Oklahoma is considered the south right?