Black masculinity will be the theme of the 3rd season of Insecure

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
Good point but why not just say Domestic Abuser and Rapist Toxic Masculinity? Why use a broad brush for all black men?

I agree with your questioning, in fact I believe a lot of these blavity, the root, vsb intersectionality feminist blacks could avoid avoid backlash if they replace the word “All”with “Some”.

I speculate it maybe more beneficial financially for them to say All instead of some ( just speculation with this).

Lifejennings

Superstar
Daps
as the other Star Trek series? It different just like the present day JJ Abrahams movies are tho and thats not a bad thing. We cant expect Kirk to lead the Enterprise forever breh
I agree, but there's a lot of things thing could be tweaked to make it better. Like why did they change the Klignon appearance? And I like the female lead, but she's a terrible Vulcan (I know she's really human trained as a Vulcan).

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
They did it with that half a faq show

I can not watch the show after I learned who shot the club up of Tasha

Shed so many tears yall

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I read this like 3x's and this :flabbynsick:still is confused. What straight hetrosexual male is gonna reject his women's feminiality?
They dont reject women's femininity, they embrace it especially since western media portrays white women and lightness as being the ultimate form of femininity and purity. They reject in themselves. You know... everything they make fun of drake and other waffle colored negros for. Emotions, sensitivity, etc.

---

Superstar
Daps
:mjshea:

As for the highly anticipated third season of her show, Rae reveals one of the overarching themes of the upcoming batch of episodes, while retaining an understandable sense of mystery. “I don’t want to give anything away!" Rae said. “But I love black masculinity as it relates to black women. I think that’s something interesting that we haven’t gotten a chance to explore yet—and specifically toxic male black masculinity as it relates to black women. I’m trying to find a way to explore that and get a rounded storyline that isn’t preachy.”

Real talk where is this shyt coming from never heard this phrase until 2 years ago now its a problem. shyt sounds like an agenda being pushed for sure!

Also, these cats who are pom pom cheerleaders of this. Give me a real-world working example of toxic black masculinity. A lot of cheerleaders in here for a phrase they can't even give a clear-cut life example of black male toxicity.

Last edited:

6000GP

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NorCal
So makes fragile guys in here :mjlol:

I think the title of the show perfectly fits some of these posters replies:lolbron:

This is the fukked up part of a lot of Black male reactionaries online. They end up hurting the cause more than helping by doing exactly what she’s talking about, what-with the misogyny and gay bashing shyt.

I’m a straight Black man, and I HATE this campaign against us, especially because it’s so poorly informed and misguided. This agenda is literally leading to more Black men being incarcerated and killed based off all these bullshyt claims making us all out to be monsters that need to be put down or locked up. This shyt has real world consequences. This “Black men are trash” shyt is not a game. So with that in mind, I wish a lot of these, most likely decent, regular Black men would not jump out the window calling the women “bytches” and “bedwenches” and shyt, because its hurting our cause and playing right into their agenda to destroy us. Gotta be smarter than that.