Black masculinity will be the theme of the 3rd season of Insecure

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Toxic masculinity is harmful hypermasculinity. Toxic masculinity can be misogynistic because it creates the binary and opposition of femininity and masculinity with masculinity being strong and femininity being weak. Naturally, everyone is on a spectrum with different rations of masculinity and femininity.

Masculinity is a penetrating and pursuing force or energy. Males are the physical embodiment of masculinity. Their genitals penetrate female's, their sperm penetrates the egg, their bodies adapted to hunt by becoming adept at penetrating and killing their prey.

Females are the physical embodiment of femininity (attracting, recieving and healing/nourishing energy). Females genitals are made to recieve the male's, their breasts and womb is made to nourish and incubate the child.

Masculine or hard power is assertive and forceful, imposing your will on others. Feminine or soft power is more passive using your image or brand to attract or influence people to do the work for you. Building a support base, propaganda, etc.

Hypermasculinity in the most common context is rejecting all things feminine. Which is not beneficial since the union of masculine and feminine energy is sexual or creative energy. Many men suffer from toxic hypermasculinity by rejecting or repressing the most healing practices such as introspection, self-analysis, emotional intelligence, empathy, etc. They try to work their way through life by force and just end up taking damage and never taking time to repair.

Because the western world is very binary and sexism, many of the women also see hypermasculinity as a way to succeed and be powerful but times are changing. And you can see that in the job landscape with how holistic health, lgbt pride, social media influencer careers are emerging.

Where masculinity focused on brute force, competition, singular focus, conflict, etc. Femininity also encompasses, broader vision, strategy, creativity, communication and more.

I love how you ignore that most self identified feminists practice toxic femininity and reject all things masculine.

AceMan

Superstar
Daps
:mjshea:

As for the highly anticipated third season of her show, Rae reveals one of the overarching themes of the upcoming batch of episodes, while retaining an understandable sense of mystery. “I don’t want to give anything away!" Rae said. “But I love black masculinity as it relates to black women. I think that’s something interesting that we haven’t gotten a chance to explore yet—and specifically toxic male black masculinity as it relates to black women. I’m trying to find a way to explore that and get a rounded storyline that isn’t preachy.”

giphy.gif

krisdave

#LGBT #Ghanaian
Daps
*Skips every comment

Yesss, can't wait, toxic masculinity is a disease with black men. DIAL IT DOWN

*exits thread

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Never watched a second of that show and never will.:ehh:

That second season was basically Season 1 extended. I will not be back for season 3. Would rather watch Sonequa do her thing on Star Trek Discovery. Oddly enough I wonder why no one talks about how she’s killing it on that show. She’s in a lead role and not making an ass of herself or no bullshyt like that.

krisdave

#LGBT #Ghanaian
Daps
Toxic masculinity is harmful hypermasculinity. Toxic masculinity can be misogynistic because it creates the binary and opposition of femininity and masculinity with masculinity being strong and femininity being weak. Naturally, everyone is on a spectrum with different rations of masculinity and femininity.

Masculinity is a penetrating and pursuing force or energy. Males are the physical embodiment of masculinity. Their genitals penetrate female's, their sperm penetrates the egg, their bodies adapted to hunt by becoming adept at penetrating and killing their prey.

Females are the physical embodiment of femininity (attracting, recieving and healing/nourishing energy). Females genitals are made to recieve the male's, their breasts and womb is made to nourish and incubate the child.

Masculine or hard power is assertive and forceful, imposing your will on others. Feminine or soft power is more passive using your image or brand to attract or influence people to do the work for you. Building a support base, propaganda, etc.

Hypermasculinity in the most common context is rejecting all things feminine. Which is not beneficial since the union of masculine and feminine energy is sexual or creative energy. Many men suffer from toxic hypermasculinity by rejecting or repressing the most healing practices such as introspection, self-analysis, emotional intelligence, empathy, etc. They try to work their way through life by force and just end up taking damage and never taking time to repair.

Because the western world is very binary and sexism, many of the women also see hypermasculinity as a way to succeed and be powerful but times are changing. And you can see that in the job landscape with how holistic health, lgbt pride, social media influencer careers are emerging.

Where masculinity focused on brute force, competition, singular focus, conflict, etc. Femininity also encompasses, broader vision, strategy, creativity, communication and more.

Sis you are literally wasting your time, this is the coli. You'd have a better chance talking to a wall

Some might even secretly agree but wount dare say it on here cos it might affect their reps

tenor.gif

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
*Skips every comment

Yesss, can't wait, toxic masculinity is a disease with black men. DIAL IT DOWN

*exits thread

Sis you are literally wasting your time, this is the coli. You'd have a better chance talking to a wall

Some might even secretly agree but wount dare say it on here cos it might affect their reps

tenor.gif
This is what mental illness and being a degenerate looks like.

ShadowBroker

Born of the Night
Daps
Reppin
KIC 8462852
The average Black person is not the one telling our stories. We're getting these "exceptional outliers". Black folk who learned about Black people through tv shows/media. It's kinda inauthentic. Its like a BW who has only ever dated white, trash talking BM, it makes no sense. I'm not sure it's a Black woman's place to have these discussions sans Black men's input. Let's be honest Black men do not have as wide or diverse an avenue as Black women do to have this conversation. So it's very one-sided.

Lifejennings

Superstar
Daps
That second season was basically Season 1 extended. I will not be back for season 3. Would rather watch Sonequa do her thing on Star Trek Discovery. Oddly enough I wonder why no one talks about how she’s killing it on that show. She’s in a lead role and not making an ass of herself or no bullshyt like that.
Because it's nowhere near as good as the other series.

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I read this like 3x's and this :flabbynsick:still is confused. What straight hetrosexual male is gonna reject his women's feminiality?

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
tenor.gif

Log off the internet and approach women. I promise you it's the other way in real life.

But I'll take you home if you're scared :mjpls:
HoarseSarcasticAsianpiedstarling-max-1mb.gif

Yoy trying to come across as the one man in a sea of cave dwellers who is able to communicate with women, or are you genuinely not able to appreciate the pernicious nature of their stratergy?

You're not going to see the effects immediately. The adults we deal were influenced by an era. They were not encouraged to see black men as the white men of their community and other such nonsense.

What it is doing is cultivating an environment where it is acceptable to attack our image, with the aim of influencing minds down the stretch.

I find the complacency unsettling. You'd think with the emergence of Trump, people would realise how it is to sow and reap from seeds of resentment.