Black Man X - Do you take pride in your last name? Serious discussion.

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps
Could change it anytime I want...and will do so in due time. I want to make sure I go out having made a full 360 back to my root.......Have found out, my first and last name come out the ranks of descendants to the French euro cacs that had Louisiana before they sold it to the so called English.......

:salute:

Big Daddy

Daps
Only reason why I kept my slave name is because I am named after my father and I love him.

Love my pop too but this Euro shyt gotsta GO :camby:
But everybody's situation is different and I respect your decision.

Naijan

All outta Gill
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
Respect to anyone who changes it, but I can understand some who will not because of history or family.

Big Daddy

Daps
I have welsh first and last name. I take no pride being named after a white man.

Get this DNA test done and see which part of Africa I'm from and get my true name

I am with you :wow:
Some very good points being brought up regarding just "taking on" any random name though... some feel it's only barely a notch above simply keeping your Euro name in regards to obtaining self-identity...

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
I am with you :wow:
Some very good points being brought up regarding just "taking on" any random name though... some feel it's only barely a notch above simply keeping your Euro name in regards to obtaining self-identity...

Any African name from the region of your ancestors is better than a cac name that was passed down from slavery.

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes. I take great pride in it. it comes from.a lineage of akan chiefs and scholars. :blessed:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My last name. Kenyan and strong.

:blessed:

My first name Euro as Euro gets.

:scust:

Get colonized thenn tricked into changing your first time after baptism then pass said name to grandson brehs.

:mjcry: