Black man tased and pepper sprayed for having a stroke (caught on body cam)

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
If he didn't react immediately to the pepper spray why spray him for 8 seconds? It's clear that something is wrong.

Just a total lack of awareness from these cops. It's a shame he was just allowed to resign like that because he's just gonna get another job in another police department in another state or city.
Something wrong like he's got training and is immune to it? Doesn't mean he has sick. You only know what you know.

Daps
Saw this on the news round my way some time back. That cac officer lost his job after that.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Several ideas but unfortunately trying to get us all on one accord, acting in unison, has proved to me to be damn near impossible. Which is why I support any Black person fighting this fight regardless how they're doing it. We don't have to agree on every bullet point, but if you're really for the people, I'm for you.

I believe in peaceful protest. Buying Black etc...Going to war with the police is a losing proposition. And no matter how many people feel the opposite of that, I'll always disagree. The reason Non violence protest in the 60's worked is because it showed Blacks being oppressed, and blacks being beaten WHILE being peaceful. The outside world gets to look on and say. Hey America is foul as fukk. look at how it treats it's Black citizen for protesting. Going to war even with oppressors will never be viewed as just. It just wont be. The Taliban, Isis, etc.. get demonized all day. They don't get to tell their side of the story. Because the people in power control the media. So what do you think a black man killing cops randomly would look like. It would look bad. And it would be treated by the media as domestic terrorism.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
It's getting to the point where simply being black and existing is a warrant for a death sentence from a cop.

Lets dial back the histrionics as well. 9/10 times you get stopped by police, don't do some dumb shyt. you are going to be ok. Police aren't just rolling up on average Black citizens busting windows out with nightsticks and dropping N Bombs. Does it happen. I'm sure it does. but shyt happens occasionally. The best thing we can do is make sure the police hire more black people in all levels, and that Blacks patrol Black areas.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Lets dial back the histrionics as well. 9/10 times you get stopped by police, don't do some dumb shyt. you are going to be ok. Police aren't just rolling up on average Black citizens busting windows out with nightsticks and dropping N Bombs. Does it happen. I'm sure it does. but shyt happens occasionally. The best thing we can do is make sure the police hire more black people in all levels, and that Blacks patrol Black areas.
They're acting more and more extreme now. It goes way beyond..."don't do any dumb shyt". You could comply with cops and still get killed.

This man was barely even conscious and coherent for police to even deal with and tehy tased his ass instead of worried about his health and if he needed medical assistance.

IT's no longer blame the victim.

The menatlity of fear the police in this evil country is sickening and inhumane. Especially as a black person...they want you to think you can't do anything, they want you to not doing anything. They want you to be afraid of them. That's gestapo like.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
They're acting more and more extreme now. It goes way beyond..."don't do any dumb shyt". You could comply with cops and still get killed.

This man was barely even conscious and coherent for police to even deal with and tehy tased his ass instead of worried about his health.

IT's no longer...blame the victim.,

Unless they just start randomly killing stroke victims then this is problem is an outlier. No matter how you slice it the amount of Black people killed while having a stroke and crashing a car is going to be a very small amount. And while I get what you are saying, "Don't Do Dumb shyt" is going to be the main advice anyone can give. It would also help to not be driving smoking a blunt or drinking. Is that fair? No. but life ain't fair.

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
I believe in peaceful protest. Buying Black etc...Going to war with the police is a losing proposition. And no matter how many people feel the opposite of that, I'll always disagree. The reason Non violence protest in the 60's worked is because it showed Blacks being oppressed, and blacks being beaten WHILE being peaceful. The outside world gets to look on and say. Hey America is foul as fukk. look at how it treats it's Black citizen for protesting. Going to war even with oppressors will never be viewed as just. It just wont be. The Taliban, Isis, etc.. get demonized all day. They don't get to tell their side of the story. Because the people in power control the media. So what do you think a black man killing cops randomly would look like. It would look bad. And it would be treated by the media as domestic terrorism.

Balance. Understand that those peaceful protests wouldn't have been praised the way they are without the more aggressive protests that took place along side. They both got us to this point and they both were birthed from the many violent slave revolts that happened decades before. Which is why I support any Black advancement strategy. They all help.

Also, after all this time of being treated as second class humans, Black people have got to stop caring about what people might think if we fight for our rightful positions in life. They are wrong, we are right. fukk what they think.

I understand your apprehension, but like you said we tried peace and yet here we are.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unless they just start randomly killing stroke victims then this is problem is an outlier. No matter how you slice it the amount of Black people killed while having a stroke and crashing a car is going to be a very small amount. And while I get what you are saying, "Don't Do Dumb shyt" is going to be the main advice anyone can give. It would also help to not be driving smoking a blunt or drinking. Is that fair? No. but life ain't fair.

Cops abusing black people is not an "outlier" at all. Also, cops have no right to torture a black man because he crashed his car. You're entire post is c00n bullshyt.

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps

Never thought about it this way :patrice:

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps

This man was barely even conscious and coherent for police to even deal with and tehy tased his ass instead of worried about his health and if he needed medical assistance.

IT's no longer blame the victim.

The menatlity of fear the police in this evil country is sickening and inhumane. Especially as a black person...they want you to think you can't do anything, they want you to not doing anything. They want you to be afraid of them. That's gestapo like.

You're exactly right. Just saw a video the other day where they told a brotha to get down on the ground, and as he was complying and going down to the ground an officer shattered his jaw with a blindside kick to the face.

For NO REASON AT ALL other than the fact that they're just evil demons in the flesh. You don't have to be doing ANYTHING, and still you can become a victim.