Black man tased and pepper sprayed for having a stroke (caught on body cam)

VelourSocks

Absentee Mind But The Wisdom Reach Mine
Daps
Reppin
Yoshi City
If he didn't react immediately to the pepper spray why spray him for 8 seconds? It's clear that something is wrong.

Just a total lack of awareness from these cops. It's a shame he was just allowed to resign like that because he's just gonna get another job in another police department in another state or city.

GoldCoastSaint

Yall nikkas hate everything but Tariq Nasheed
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
That's just terrible. You would think that police would have basic medical training, but they don't even seem to have common sense.

They have both, more training than common sense, but they have it.

They just don't give a fukk and haven't had to until recently and barely. We're gonna have to up the ante.

Big Daddy

Fight or die fighting, no surrender.
Daps

They just don't give a fukk and haven't had to until recently and barely. We're gonna have to up the ante.

Been saying that for a long time. The only thing they understand is fear. The only thing that instills fear in them is fighting back.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

Breh You would think that. But cops really don't have even the most basic of medical training. From what I'm reading the only thing most know is CPR. Which Is great but, cmon you're dealing with citizens who have been either shot, stabbed, or battered to the point they need medical help. It should be mandatory that they receive better medical training. HOWEVER that point is moot if they don't have enough common sense to realize someone has had a stroke or can't put their hands up.

GoldCoastSaint

Daps
Reppin
Breh You would think that. But cops really don't have even the most basic of medical training. From what I'm reading the only thing most know is CPR. Which Is great but, cmon you're dealing with citizens who have been either shot, stabbed, or battered to the point they need medical help. It should be mandatory that they receive better medical training. HOWEVER that point is moot if they don't have enough common sense to realize someone has had a stroke or can't put their hands up.

Im a woman. And you're right but they wouldn't need either in a situation like this had they not created this situation to begin with. We gotta start there. Training or not, they better stop attacking us. They dont understand that yet cause we're not making it clear enough.

GoldCoastSaint

Daps
Reppin
What do you suggest?

Several ideas but unfortunately trying to get us all on one accord, acting in unison, has proved to me to be damn near impossible. Which is why I support any Black person fighting this fight regardless how they're doing it. We don't have to agree on every bullet point, but if you're really for the people, I'm for you.