Black man kicked off plane because he was allegric to a passenger's dog, sues airline

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
If I saw a dog on his hind legs pissing at the urinal next to me, I'd be like :krs:
:lupe:
giphy.webp

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"The crew offered to move the customer with the support animal to another seat in the first class cabin so Mr. Holcomb could remain in his seat. Mr. Holcomb wasn’t satisfied with that solution, so he was given the option of a seat further away from the service animal in the main cabin with a refund in the difference in fare, which he also declined," the airline said in a statement.

:patrice:
what did the breh want?

Caribbean lover

All Star
Daps
clearly almost no one in this thread actually read the article. They supposedly offered to move the guy with his support animal away from the guy suing and he refused. They then offered to move him instead since he was struggling with allergies and he refused that as well. Airline could be lying to save face though will be interested in seeing what happens.

player611

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems like there's two sides to the story: American Airlines' version which has Mr Holcomb as combative and unreasonable & Mr Holcomb's version, backed by two witnesses, which claims that no one wanted to switch seats with the dog owner, and Mr Holcomb was forced to the back of the plane.

I'm inclined to believe Mr Holcomb because 1)he's black and 2)I'm going side with the customer more often than not when allegations are brought forth towards a company/corporation. Plus his version sounds more plausible since people are dikks and no one wanted to switch because they wanted to see some fukkery develop.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
"The crew offered to move the customer with the support animal to another seat in the first class cabin so Mr. Holcomb could remain in his seat. Mr. Holcomb wasn’t satisfied with that solution, so he was given the option of a seat further away from the service animal in the main cabin with a refund in the difference in fare, which he also declined," the airline said in a statement.

:patrice:
what did the breh want?
The dog was in the front cabin. No matter what seat the dog was in, allergens were gonna be a problem for him up front. The dog owner didnt do anything wrong. Even the black guy said the dog owner was accommodating. The problem is the policy and his removal. Since they had no problem with telling the black guy to switch seats with coach at the back of the plane or we are kicking you off, then they shouldnt have had a problem telling someone in the back of coach to switch seats with the dog owner. Especially since the dog owner was willing. They said that no one in coach volunteered to switch seats with the dog owner. Why was a "volunteer" required for the white dog owner to go in the back but they wouldve put the nikka in the back of the plane without having to ask for a volunteer?

“At that point (workers) told him you’re going to go to the rear of the plane or get off the plane,”

Why was he told that but not the dog owner is the crux of his issue I guess. No one had to get kicked off the flight. Move the dog owner to the back of the plane like they tried to do him. Everyone makes their flight. But he black so...:yeshrug: