Black man invests $4B in Black community

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
With my personal experience, I'd have to disagree.

I think the point he was making that when your paper is right, it's harder for them to fukk you.

I have over a 700 score. Nothing but green confirmed check marks when I apply for financial access.

There's a lot of literature about this.

It's certainly better than it was, but even with "color blind" measures - somehow White and Black applicants are treated differently.

But he talks about the Citi study where trillions of dollars are left on the table because of White Racism..

He is in the position where he can't really do any REAL straight talk, but instead relies on the same tropes that most center-right rich Black people engage in.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think he said single family which is kind of a new thing and not a good thing for individuals trying to build equity. These are the guys going into neighborhoods and buying up all the houses to rent out. They get such a large market share they can start driving up sales prices and rent.
This. Not only is he kicking some bullshyt (financial literacy as a silver bullet) but he is taking advantage of that same vulturous ass capitalism that White people use to build their investor class while entrenching our near-permanent underclass without assets.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
This. Not only is he kicking some bullshyt (financial literacy as a silver bullet) but he is taking advantage of that same vulturous ass capitalism that White people use to build their investor class while entrenching our near-permanent underclass without assets.

Agreed. But everybody in real estate is a rent hustler.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Facts. The undercurrent of all of this is that alot of Black People are very comfortable being 2nd class citizens, and will fight you to death to remain that way
There's countless examples of when Black people worked together it became a whole problem.

Black washerwomen went on strike in 1883 and won.

Atlanta Life insurance company was started by a young barber. In fact during the turn of the century Black Men cornered the Male Haircare Market back in the day when it was common for Men to get a professional shave and waxed moustache and shined shoes Black Men did it for Black Men and white guys.

Those Barbers and shine boys sat their when white business dudes where chopping it up soaking up game.

The women who were maids did the same thing Greenwood wasn't necesarily built by real estate and oil money it came from barbers and maids and. deliverymen who made money in the white community and bought in the Black community They supported the Black Doctors and intelligensia not the other way around.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You do realize all those Black Towns and Neighborhoods where built by Black people who did household chores for white people right? Those two's and a few's added up.

Let's not bring up how koreans made billions off selling ten packs of weaves in the hood.
You cannot produce something like that today, pricing models have long since outdeveloped that concept.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We. Can't do it primarily because lack of vision
Vision isn't the issue.

The growing price of land, of materials for building, of labor as a whole, of zoning, and of litigation prevent most large-scale development projects.

The key to development is to take advantage of local, state, and national breaks and infrastructure - particularly when focused on developing areas. Where we are now, the private equity companies, hedge fund managers, and local real-estate bodies tied to the investment bodies have outsized control and vastly more capital than even the most prudent group of Black investors.

Ahmen

Live as if BLM
Daps
Black capitalism will never work without a massive transfer of wealth to support it.

If a person is not talking about reparations they are not serious.

This guy is just babbling.
You are wrong about Bryant. He has a solid record over 25 years mentoring black people.His methods are proven. You are free to wish for reparations, but blacks are/can achieve success and generational wealth without waiting on a "transfer", "handout", or debt forgiveness.
Let him teach us to fish.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Vision isn't the issue.

The growing price of land, of materials for building, of labor as a whole, of zoning, and of litigation prevent most large-scale development projects.

The key to development is to take advantage of local, state, and national breaks and infrastructure - particularly when focused on developing areas. Where we are now, the private equity companies, hedge fund managers, and local real-estate bodies tied to the investment bodies have outsized control and vastly more capital than even the most prudent group of Black investors.
I get what you're saying and it doesn't matter because we wouldn't try but Black peoples earnings has increased too

And if were talking say several thousand people kicking in shyt could be done.

But like I said this is wishful thinking so essentially you're more right than me.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Maybe call it Business for Boring Black People
Genius!
Dewit
full

TM101

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Financial literacy programs are entirely useless if you don't have money.

Being the perfect investor + a scrupulous saver as an impoverished person will not build any discernible wealth for you or your descendants - and our current cost of living crisis illustrates this even more deeply.

He invested $4B into patting himself on the back and doing little if nothing of value.
You can't save what you don't make

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get what you're saying and it doesn't matter because we wouldn't try but Black peoples earnings has increased too

And if were talking say several thousand people kicking in shyt could be done.

But like I said this is wishful thinking so essentially you're more right than me.
I'm not opposed to wishful thinking at all - and I don't want to portray that I am.

Getting a group together that would want to develop that idea without some kind of semi-immediate gratification would be a genuine difficulty. But it is worth trying. For the sake of our collective futures.