Black Lightning Season 4 Official Thread

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
shyt was :trash:

Most hilarious was real Jen sitting outside alone randomly. No scene of the family reacting to her being back.

Jeff had every right to be on an I told yall so vibe. They shyt all over him when he had concerns. GET OVER IT JEFF IT'S HER :angry:

Nah I need my run back on that conversation yall. Family meeting asap.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Going back and watching season 4 now that it's over. Really gonna miss this one.
Jefferson said fukk my super suit, i'm headed out....

:mjlol:

kira-yoshikage.jpg
Jefferson just wants a peaceful life.

Ace Money

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finally caught up on the last season over the past few days (it's on Netflix for those who weren't aware). Gonna miss this show, bruhs. While multiple things can be true at once--specifically, that the show can be heavy-handed, preachy, and a tad CWish--this was ultimately a cool show.

Takeways:
--Glad Jen was able to return. Hopefully time away gave China an opportunity to sort through whatever she was dealing with. I also appreciated how they were slightly breaking the fourth wall and essentially told the audience to "deal with it" when it came to JJ.

--Painkiller was definitely the MVP. While I'm finally sold on the character being able to have a series of his own, I do think they would need to have top-notch writing to pull off the split subjectivity angle; if not that shyt would have gotten old really quick. Doesn't matter, though, because the spin-off isn't taking place/jit is ready to move on (shyt, I would've kept collecting checks, but I get it.).

--Glad to see the family, Jefferson especially, work through their respective demons. Him mourning Henderson combined with his past was an albatross. Once he got his shyt straight, though. :wow:

--Tobias was a dope villain. High-key, I wouldn't mind a nice little rebirth in one of the the other Arrowverse shows down the line. That nikka was hilarious

--Overall a great show. It's unfortunate that it couldn't keep the momentum that it had that first season, but I'm glad they were given the opportunity to end it properly. Definitely gonna miss this show. I'm not one of the agenda conspiracists, but it was dope seeing a Black male lead on television trying to do the right thing. :wow:

it was fun y'all boys. Let's hope the BL mini-verse can live on elsewhere; preferably on HBO max, or at the very least on a cable network (TBS, TNT, USA, etc.).:salute:

Last edited:

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
shyt was :trash:

Most hilarious was real Jen sitting outside alone randomly. No scene of the family reacting to her being back.

Jeff had every right to be on an I told yall so vibe. They shyt all over him when he had concerns. GET OVER IT JEFF IT'S HER :angry:

Nah I need my run back on that conversation yall. Family meeting asap.
So wat was the real life issue with Jen and Jefferson?

Rumors online say Cress Williams and China McClain had some sort of beef

If you notice, they don't appear together at all during this entire final season.

I thought the cast was cool with each other a couple years ago but it seems that in the last year, with COVID, with China McClain losing a friend, it pushed her to get out of the industry. Mix it in with whatever is going on with Cress Williams, and you got a toxic cocktail.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I still wonder exactly what happened between China and Cress. It really impacted the final season. Seasons 1 and 3 are GOATED.

The end of the series was definitely rushed. Wish it could've gone on for a couple more seasons. It was my favorite show at one point.

I don’t know and I could be wrong but the China chick may be tough to work with she wasnt really even on house of Payne since it came back