black feminism/womanism thread

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
It seems to me that cacs achieved their full potential as a race without full gender equality so the assertion blacks can't is absurd at face. After all sexism was common, pervasive and ingrained in society for the hundreds of years cacs' conquered different continent. But cacs warmongering succeeded nevertheless inasmuch as cac women did as they were told. Feminism might even have been detrimental to cac fortunes if given free reign.

Everything black women should expect from black men they are already given, including the right to an education, academic, business, politics, etc. Black feminsm and anti-black maleness, however, is anti-black and should not be tolerated.

Black men are not giving black women education, etc....
even the umbrella of race there is a hierarchy. Everything that black women have achieved they fought alongside black men to get it.

My biggest issue with this site is the belief that black women are not equal victims of this society and that black men are incapable of being perpetrators they can only be victims.

Last edited:

Tropical Fantasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Beverage Fridge, 3rd Row!!
You and most of the black males here seem to be insinuating that these deadbeats are a rare minority amongst you when that's not the case. 1/3 of you will go to prison in your lifetimes. Only 10% of you bother to further your eduction. And still a group of people with those dismal stats make more than black women, and have astronomically more personal wealth than black women due to the rampant sexism in society. The fact is an educated non-jailbird is a rarity. Coupled with the fact that highly intelligent/educated people tend to have less children it's an imaginary world in which a plethora of black children will be made with non-deadbeat black males. There's a reason that black male abandonment of their offspring transcends culture and race (it's seen across the black diaspora AND in the mulatto population), and it has nothing to do with the "poor choices" that black women make.

that transparency:wow:

that pseudo white supremacist rhetoric :whoo:

you hit all their talking points with ease too :jrdnsas1:

the narrative black male abandonment is a myth created by white supremacists

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/01/16/3175831/myth-absent-black-father/

I swear black feminists are thoe most easily manipulated group of black people in this planet. As long as someone is shytting on black men, even the descendants of your historical oppressor, you will stand in allegiance with them. And every single time your ilk's agenda gets further expose

That's why I cant argue with anyone that says black feminists will lead to the downfall of the black community. They were used by the power structure to facilitate the destruction of the black family, and are currently being used to undermine the importance of masculinity in a community.

It trips me out when black women claim that the only reason black men make more money is because of male privilege, and that couldn't be any further from the truth. A big part of America's history has been the continual disenfranchisement of black people, especially black men. Over the centuries legislation has been passed to hinder black men from helping the black collective advance. But according to black feminists, the same power structure that has done everything in it's power to cripple black men makes sure that black men make more than our female counterparts.

People like to say that the black community is a matriarchy but it's not even that. Black women frivolously claimed they were taken for granted during the civil rights & black power movements and weren't given the opportunities to lead.

Well black men arent in a position to "deny" you leadership opportunities anymore, where's the progress? All these studies showing that black women are one of the highest educated groups in the country, but how has that helped the black collective? Black women LOVE showing off their degrees, but how are you using that paper to help your community? What have black feminists contributed to the black community?

Thankfully, most black women are not black feminists.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami

I swear black feminists are thoe most easily manipulated group of black people in this planet. As long as someone is shytting on black men, even the descendants of your historical oppressor, you will stand in allegiance with them. And every single time your ilk's agenda gets further expose

That's why I cant argue with anyone that says black feminists will lead to the downfall of the black community. They were used by the power structure to facilitate the destruction of the black family, and are currently being used to undermine the importance of masculinity in a community.

It trips me out when black women claim that the only reason black men make more money is because of male privilege, and that couldn't be any further from the truth. A big part of America's history has been the continual disenfranchisement of black people, especially black men. Over the centuries legislation has been passed to hinder black men from helping the black collective advance. But according to black feminists, the same power structure that has done everything in it's power to cripple black men makes sure that black men make more than our female counterparts.

People like to say that the black community is a matriarchy but it's not even that. Black women frivolously claimed they were taken for granted during the civil rights & black power movements and weren't given the opportunities to lead.

Well black men arent in a position to "deny" you leadership opportunities anymore, where's the progress? All these studies showing that black women are one of the highest educated groups in the country, but how has that helped the black collective? Black women LOVE showing off their degrees, but how are you using that paper to help your community? What have black feminists contributed to the black community?

That ether.:wow:

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps

If you all don't stop posting that bunk self-reported study. No one is going to admit to being a deadbeat. On one hand you say that black feminists were used to destroy the black family, and on the other you say that the black family is intact and that the father is present. It cannot be both, so which is it? Of course once again the black male is the victim in all and is responsible for nothing. What else is new?
Yes, you do have male privilege. It may be slight because you are black, but it is there, and it allows you to have MOST of the national political leadership positions, it allows you to be paid more, etc.
Many stats in our community have improved immensely since the implementation of feminism/womanism. You are right about one thing the black "community" is not a matriarchy. We'd have to be an actual community first for something magical like that to happen.
That ether.:wow:
There wasn't anything etherous about it.

Last edited:

Tropical Fantasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Beverage Fridge, 3rd Row!!
If you all don't stop posting that bunk self-reported study. No one is going to admit to being a deadbeat. On one hand you say that black feminists were used to destroy the black family, and on the other you say that the black family is intact and that the father is present. It cannot be both, so which is it? Of course once again the black male is the victim in all and is responsible for nothing. What else is new?
Yes, you do have male privilege. It may be slight because you are black, but it is there, and it allows you to have MOST of the national political leadership positions, it allows you to be payed more, etc.
Many stats in our community have improved immensely since the implementation of feminism/womanism. You are right about one thing the black "community" is not a matriarchy. We'd have to be an actual community first for something magical like that to happen.

There wasn't anything etherous about it.

I dont disagree with a lot of what you said

I'm not victimizing black males, I'm speaking my truth. I will acknowledge my male privilege, although very small, it's there. Black women, especially black feminists, overstate the value of black male privilege though. There are realms of society where black females are much more privileged than black men, specifically outside the black community

the black family is destroyed. a lot of black fathers in involved, but they arent together with the mother of their children. we need more nuclear black families, not co parents. let's be honest, far too many black women view blacks fathers as EXPENDABLE when they (black fathers) are the exact opposite. the foundation of a strong community is a strong family unit, starting with strong black mothers and fathers actively working IN UNISON to advance the collective.

As to the stats, it's not just because of black feminism. Black feminism has empowered a lot of black women and many of our "communities" best women are black feminists/womanists, but it can do so much more.

It's not my place to say how ya'll should do that, but I see so many incredible women that identify as feminists and, in my opinion, many somewhat limit themselves by only talking about domestic/interpersonal issues with black men. Definitely not all, nut far too many use feminism as a guise to just shyt on black men, hence why many black men think some black feminists are no different than white supremacists. I dont want to undermine those interpersonal issues black women face because they are obviously very important to black women.

hatechall

Banned
Daps
Reppin
universe
I dont disagree with a lot of what you said

I'm not victimizing black males, I'm speaking my truth. I will acknowledge my male privilege, although very small, it's there. Black women, especially black feminists, overstate the value of black male privilege though. There are realms of society where black females are much more privileged than black men, specifically outside the black community

the black family is destroyed. a lot of black fathers in involved, but they arent together with the mother of their children. we need more nuclear black families, not co parents. let's be honest, far too many black women view blacks fathers as EXPENDABLE when they (black fathers) are the exact opposite. the foundation of a strong community is a strong family unit, starting with strong black mothers and fathers actively working IN UNISON to advance the collective.

As to the stats, it's not just because of black feminism. Black feminism has empowered a lot of black women and many of our "communities" best women are black feminists/womanists, but it can do so much more.

It's not my place to say how ya'll should do that, but I see so many incredible women that identify as feminists and, in my opinion, many somewhat limit themselves by only talking about domestic/interpersonal issues with black men. Definitely not all, nut far too many use feminism as a guise to just shyt on black men, hence why many black men think some black feminists are no different than white supremacists. I dont want to undermine those interpersonal issues black women face because they are obviously very important to black women.

I kinda agree with this. I was reluctant to say it because, like you, I don't feel it's our place to tell feminists what's important.

I think feminism, as a movement, would be more effective if it emphasized the ways in which sexism is harmful to men. Self-interest arguments are more effective in getting people to support a cause.

That doesn't mean black men's issues should take precedence over black women's issues though.

user1

Pro
Daps
BW are oppressed for being black and female. How one can conclude that living in a misogynistic androcentric patriarchy is not oppressive towards females is astounding. The concept of gender is divisive not feminism. Feminism is a movement that exists because of the divisive nature of the system that created it.

Whether BW have it harder than BM or vice versa is not important. The issue is that BW do face unfair treatment on an account of both their sex and race so, therefore, try to empower themselves.
I'm a black women and I don't jive too much with feminism in general. But I really don't think we as women have an answer to not collectively fighting with our men against racism. The only thing we should ask is for a voice at the table and to be leaders EQUALLY. But I really don't think making gender a separate issue will fix our community. If men want to lead let them have an EQUAL seat as well. All I want is us NOT TO FOLLOW the same mistakes of the past civil rights movement where these men "led" but chose to abuse that power and fukk everything under the sun that WASN'T black. Then turn around and "dikktate" rules for all black people to follow. If men are to lead they need to have checks and balances. If women are going to lead we need to have checks and balances. And gender CANNOT come between us because as is we can't agree on anything. We ALL need a code to operate.

I think black women need to take up our issues with black men within our community and not out of it. And black men must be willing to listen and not act like we aren't fukking worthy to be heard. He is a word black men: we are being beat and rape and molested by MEN in our community and we NEED YOUR HELP. We don't need you saying it is a "false accusation" or it isn't happening. Many of these so called single mothers are actually women who are sexually abused but DON'T SAY ANYTHING. That is why the father isn;t around in SOME CASES. We need you to protect us. Not IGNORE US. shyt that is my gripe.

The main issue I see within the community, is black men aren't listening so of course now the women have gone to any platform that is willing to hear them. But maybe, they aren't hearing us ladies because we are shouting our complaints to the WRONG people. I hope if we can communicate to them they will hear us. But honestly men, women have so many of examples of not being protected by our men, where can we go? Do you at least understand that frustration? So black women need to keep it in house. And black men need to listen because you can't be a "leader" if you discredit and ignore half of your community. That is what ALREADY happened. And bringing LBGT issues into this is a no no. I just don't think that is apart of a healthy community. Mental illness shouldn't be admonished.

And for you men in here acting as if women weren't raped and brutalized right along with the men being hung up and castrated, you sound stupid. We both are brutalized for different reasons but still BRUTALIZED. It's just now the white man has us programmed to do it to each other, blame each other and then hate each other. He is winning as of now.

user1

Pro
Daps
I kinda agree with this. I was reluctant to say it because, like you, I don't feel it's our place to tell feminists what's important.

I think feminism, as a movement, would be more effective if it emphasized the ways in which sexism is harmful to men. Self-interest arguments are more effective in getting people to support a cause.

That doesn't mean black men's issues should take precedence over black women's issues though.
This this this. ESPECIALLY FOR BLACK MEN. Black women should be highlighting how patriarchy has destroyed our community and our MEN because of these standards. But it limits itself.

user1

Pro
Daps
LOL, I actually used to lurk on LSA and read through their bullshyt. They would mention the coli a lot and so I came to check it out. Free advertising at its best. I love this site now. Black feminism is a joke. Feminism in general is a flawed ideology that relies on generalizations that don't take into account the fact that black men in this country have NEVER had the power, influence, or freedom that white men or even white women have had. I would argue that we are at the bottom of the barrel. What black women seem not to understand is that the patriarchy benefits them seeing as how men have been conditioned to protect women. That type of mentality is represented when you see the government giving black women funding and housing whenever they fukk up their lives and have children by "aint shyt nikkas." Where as we as black men get sent to JAIL!!!! There is no safely net for black men, any benefits we would receive under this supposed "patriarchy" immediately get replaced with the disadvantages of racism. I really don't get black feminists.
I agree with this. This is where feminism seems to stay quiet. Just as much as men don't raise their kids, women do pick some bad ones to have kids with. And put their men in a spot if they don't want them because not only are you required to pay child support you also face jail time if you don't. Women have fukked up there.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
The second you attach "black" to a European concept or idea you are only adopting the idea created to deal with black in the first place just attaching black to it to digest it better

Black feminist, black athiest, black muslim, black christian, black hebrews,

This is why all of those ideas and concepts have only served as major detriment to black liberation.and why you only seem to see the black whatever visible as it serves to combat black liberation. You will never see any of these idea and concepts attack white supremacy, outside of black muslim but then again that is only the nation of Islam, all these other black muslims are just the same as the rest.