Black drug king pin shows are played out.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I mean Fif gave nikkas for life and "yall" wasnt fukking with it and truth be told that drug dealer, kingpin shyt appeals to black people over most things.
Keeping it 100 though, the show lost a lot of steam once Aaron got released and turned into "social issue of the week"

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This. If The Cosby Show, A Different World, Roc, Black Lightning or any other show that featured Black people in a positive light aired today, cats would call those shows corny.

i liked the whole ish thing

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Nah. They just need to tighten up on their writing, and that comes with experience. Nobody can tell Italians to stop making mafioso flicks, and they're what...~60 years deep into those?

Make your loot and branch off into other things. Prejudiced people aren't going to stop being who they are just because you stopped making a certain kind of movie.
Black ppl are just as deep into those movies too. Blaxploitation movies been around since the late 60s. “Italians” have been tired of those portrayals too. And have been ingratiated into “white” films anyways. They’re white at the end of the day. It’s different with black ppl. And black criminal kingpin shows are definitely all the way played out. Most certainly.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I've been done with them for years. Never watched Power and it's spinoffs and BMF. I watched the first season of Godfather of Harlem because of the Malcolm X connection but that's about it. Snowfall because of the link with the Contras and CIA in Nicaragua and the fact that I lived through that era though not in Los Angeles.

Unfortunately our people can't get enough of these shows so these networks keep pumping them out.