Black drug king pin shows are played out.

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
Seems like the only shows with strong wealthy black leads/casts require them to be drug dealers.

like there has to be more ways to make it than selling drugs or doing illegal shyt

This is something I definitely notice with how tv/film portrays black leads these days. A breh always gotta be a criminal in some way, shape or form.

Compared with the plethora of white shows where the premise is about a white agent, doctor, lawyer, detective etc. Hell, they even make the techys and autistic genius characters strong, charismatic, dominant leads that are seemingly unflawed.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
This is something I definitely notice with how tv/film portrays black leads these days. A breh always gotta be a criminal in some way, shape or form.

Compared with the plethora of white shows where the premise is about a white agent, doctor, lawyer, detective etc. Hell, they even make the techys and autistic genius characters strong, charismatic, dominant leads that are seemingly unflawed.

Billions is a perfect example. How dope would it have been if Axe Capital was an all black company, and David Axlerod was a breh. Those type of companies do exist, but they don’t fit with the culture in this country.

Instead the two main people of color are subordinates. One is a bedwench thot, and the other is a gay bedwench thot. :snoop:

RawDogBandit

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis/ATL
I agree, though I enjoy black actors getting opportunities. It’s time for more.

We need more black spy films, action, corporate dramas, ancient war shows, etc. Well written, not the average BS that is spout out that are aunties watch.

Hell I would take a black vampire show that isn't too corny. Idc, just need more variety