Black doctors are forced out of training programs at far higher rates than white residents

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Stfu u fakkit ass c00n
Where is he wrong? There’s strength in numbers and if we had more black students working together to become doctors, there would be more of them for us to choose from. All I have are dot-head docs around me…I know the intelligence/talent is out there in the community…we gotta start emphasizing education in needed professional fields.

invalid

Banned
Daps
I just sent this article to my fiancé whose a radiologist to get her take.

We’ve talked about her residency experience a number of times and ironically the people that gave her static were other black and Indian female doctors with the black doctors being the worst.

She said she didn’t have any problems with the white doctors male or female, who were often helpful. It was often the white male doctors who went to bat for her.

I’m sure she’d agree with the article knowing the experiences of her other doctor friends. Just interesting she had an opposite experience.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
I just sent this article to my fiancé whose a radiologist to get her take.

We’ve talked about her residency experience a number of times and ironically the people that gave her static were other black and Indian female doctors with the black doctors being the worst.

She said she didn’t have any problems with the white doctors male or female, who were often helpful. It was often the white male doctors who went to bat for her.

I’m sure she’d agree with the article knowing the experiences of her other doctor friends. Just interesting she had an opposite experience.
This is closer to my experience as well actually. A decent number of the black doctors seemed to be trying to cement themselves as the only one. I saw this less from men and more from women but in the end, there is this odd feeling that they think you're a "minority hire" (I've heard some use this term) and don't deserve to be there, even more interesting since some of them will go hard to add more spanish-speaking doctors while ignoring that some of them are simply not qualified. Indians, I noticed, were simply trying to add more of their own people but they were on some disrespectful shyt a lot. It was weird. The problem with some whites is that they help if not outright create policies that contribute to the problems we see. Also, the ones making policies often aren't the ones on the floor, which exacerbates problems overall. The ones on the floor will be great. The ones teaching great, the ones higher up will see only numbers and not care about individuals, all the while, if you talk with them, will come across as decent people (sometimes). The lack of cognizance some of the ones at the top have adds to these issues if not outright creating them. Systemic causes seem to be lost on them and a conversation that they have hard time having. Add that the government does little to support residencies and then you have this problem compounded.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps

Starghill220423_0110-1600x900.jpg
Update on this came this year. She lost her suit, appealed, and lost the appeal. :smh:

On June 1, 2018, she submitted an internal complaint against Dr. Szeremeta, asserting that he created a hostile work environment and discriminated against her based on her race and sex. In her complaint, she alleged that Dr. Szeremeta made numerous disparaging comments during working hours in the UTMB emergency room, at public meetings among program residents, and at conferences that she attended. She further asserted that Dr. Szeremeta became fixated on her, consistently staring at her during working hours and consistently interrupting her work to give her negative feedback in full view of other employees and residents. Ultimately, Dr. Szeremeta was removed as her supervisor and replaced by Dr Saddiqui.

On November 6, 2018, her first day back, she met with Dr. Szeremeta and other program staff to discuss her status. Dr. Szeremeta informed her that she would have to repeat her third year during the 2018–2019 program year. Daywalker resigned that same day

Last edited:

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Why is this happening?
One of the most highly respected and highly compensated professions available, the barriers to entry would be higher.

My wife is a physician and she’s experienced racism and xenophobia because they felt a woman like her should “be in the kitchen” or “in the fields”.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
One of the most highly respected and highly compensated professions available, the barriers to entry would be higher.

My wife is a physician and she’s experienced racism and xenophobia because they felt a woman like her should “be in the kitchen” or “in the fields”.
So is this why they got rid of DEI?

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
White people want us to die off and they're too p*ssy to say it to our faces.
We are still living with the effects of slavery. Many of these people still haven't gotten over the fact that we cannot be bought and sold like cattle. A lot of white people see us as a resource to be used and thrown away. If we aren't entertainment, we should be unpaid or minimally paid labor doing the jobs they don't want to do. They still don't see us as the same as them.