Black doctors are forced out of training programs at far higher rates than white residents

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Nelly Fuller Jr. categorized 9 areas of people activity where racism runs rampant. Frances Cress Welsing added Health as the tenth.

1. Economics
2. Education
3. Entertainment
4. Labor
5. Law
6. Politics
7. Religion
8. Sex
9. War
10. Health*
So everywhere.

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
So basically every sector of life. Makes for a miserable experience if this is how you see the world.

I almost went down the rabbit hole of this. There's like a whole study of health about how much long-term stress we all have just for being black.

But I literally decided to choose ignorance. Don't even remember the term name now.

fukk white supremacists.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps

Damn. I think I've seen this happen to one breh my sister did residency with. I think they dated but I never pay attention to that shyt.

Guy was like golden child too. He was a career changer who played football in college at perdue in the late 90s and maybe into the early 2000s. Graduated with an engineering degree and ended up working for NASA designing satellites. After doing that for a couple of years he went to med school and eventually did some type of surgery residency but got booted from it before ultimately landing in some type of residency that leads to being a primary care doctor (which apparently is something that med school students don't want to do because the pay is way lower).

We all thought that shyt was a tragedy and before reading this article I had no idea it was somewhat endemic.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Was just reading the article on Twitter.

Anti-Black racism permeates every function of life here in the West. This comes as no surprise.
Unique brand of it is unleashed on Blacks who occupy spaces that others feel are reserved for them only.

With what you've accomplished, and will accomplish, you see it from several vantage points.

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
Nelly Fuller Jr. categorized 9 areas of people activity where racism runs rampant. Frances Cress Welsing added Health as the tenth.

1. Economics
2. Education
3. Entertainment
4. Labor
5. Law
6. Politics
7. Religion
8. Sex
9. War
10. Health*

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
yeah the same government that hired nazi scientist after the 3 reich fell. yeah the same government who Hitler and his cronies LEARNED their brand of racism and bigotry from, yeah the same government who's mandate is to sell arms to the rest of the world? that government?

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006

1. Economics
2. Education
3. Entertainment
4. Labor
5. Law
6. Politics
7. Religion
8. Sex
9. War
10. Health*
I'll deadass add TECH as number 11.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Now I always love when we get on cacs but let’s not lie like this
They need Black people to exploit for labor and resources.
But deep down inside the average white person is uncomfortable by the presence of Black people and would really like us to go away.
I live here in Denver, Colorado...a lot of these white people are scared to death of interacting with black folks and can't even look me in the eye cause they're so used to interacting with millions of each other in these states on a daily basis.

Let's not kid ourselves...Black people make white people uncomfortable...the idea of black people doing better than them and possibly gaining more power to enact revenge for the evils they have committed scares them so they have to oppress black people.

They can't admit that this system that they created is wrong, rather than righting it...they would rather want us to die off. If they can't rule over us, they have no need for us.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Things like this break my heart. Your told as a young black woman/man to focus on your studies do the right thing, etc. You do all of that and you still can't escape racism. What is the solution then. fukk this country man.

Basically self segregation, mostly black enclaves.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Glad mods put the hammer down on the clown element and "wars" that cluttered some of the serious topics.
But can NEVER take some of y'all seriously.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
The medical industry is rife with racism. That’s why I only try and see black doctors if I can because our life is in their hands.