black christians...why are ya'll scared of African Traditional Religions?

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
a lot of ya'll are mad dismissive/scared of ATR's and I'd like to know why since it's what our ancestors practiced WAY before christianity was introduced...

Have ya'll even done any research on the different systems?

Is it because your fam has been "Christian" or for a few generations?:aicmon:

Is it because your pastor/imam taught you that it's "devil worship"? :shaq2:

why can't ya'll see that christianity is and has always been toxic for black folks? :mindblown:

Taharqa

Superstar
Daps
1. I'm black
2. I'm not a christian (or even religious)
3. Just cause its african doesn't mean its not a bullshyt, unsubstantiated, irrational belief.

FesLdrv.gif

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
1. I'm black
2. I'm not a christian (or even religious)
3. Just cause its african doesn't mean its not a bullshyt, unsubstantiated, irrational belief.

I am black, not Christian. He was really pointing out how a lot black people are slave minded. They will praise a cac Jesus while rejecting our original religion.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Before I got non religious I guess it was because I was closeminded. However, I was 16 and 17 then. Gladly I grew up. OP I thought you were an NOI brotha no offense.

thewarrior05

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rant Mode sorry.

Look alot of yall need to stop worrying if Jese was white or black at the end of the day, I follow Jesus because in my heart and in my spirit I know hes the truth. Yes I know slave masters used Christianity to program the slaves to say it was ok but that was the devil once again using God to confuse and oppress men. Remember the devil used the bible to temp Jesus too. People can and will anything to further their agenda.
But Jesus is real and he is the only way to escape this devil controlled world. Stop letting the devil beat you out of your soul.