bEast Coast
GDC-team.png

:martin:
Disappointing

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Right. They only raised $1.2 million in 10 years. They likely weren’t paying their employees much and scraping by until this buyout/exit.

So in order for there to be an all black team doing this you’d have to do the following;

1. Find 40 black people who have the skills and expertise

2. Find 40 black actually interested in this specific discipline. Because there may be 40 black people with the skills and expertise but who says they all want to work for you and doing this?

3. find 40 black ppl with the aforementioned in Raleigh or willing to relocate

4. find 40 black people with the aforementioned willing to likely take a huge pay cut

5. find 40 black people willing to grind for years at lesser pay than their peers with no guarantee of any future reward

When you actually break it down you’ll say how impossible what ppl in this thread are asking for is. Oh let the ADOS people tell it those 40 black ppl better be “foundational black Americans” and not Africans or Caribbean. Good Luck
Black folks in tech want the most money lol. I don’t blame them tho lol

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Tech Founder and Big Tech Exec Join CED Board of Directors

MAY 9, 2022 RTP, NC – The Council for Entrepreneurial Development (CED) is excited to announce the appointment of two critical resources for the organization. Tech Founder, Bill Spruill, Co-founder and President, Global Data Consortium (GDC) and Tech Executive, Carlos Pignataro CTO of CX, Cisco Systems.

“As CED evolves and positions itself to provide continued impact within the startup ecosystem,” says CED CEO, Kelly Rowell, “the appropriate mix of resources is critical in order to drive our vision for support forward.”

Bill Spruill, co-founder and President of GDC has a long tenure of support for the organization, a relationship that started in the 90s as a part-time intern, supporting startup programming. Spruill has stayed close with the organization over the decades and engagement has evolved from getting support to now giving support.

“I’m thrilled to be rejoining the CED Board alongside some other phenomenal contributors to the Triangle entrepreneurial ecosystem. Founders build and after building a successful business, I want to refocus my energies on building a stronger Triangle ecosystem. I see CED as an integral part of the community both past, present and future.” says Spruill. “I expressly think that it is important for the local tech community to not forget the impact CED has had on the development of the majority of companies here. Whether directly or indirectly CED has always been a part of the storylines. I want to make sure we build a sustainable path to help the next generation of high-growth technology company founders achieve the same outcome we achieved at GDC.”

Spruill is playing a leading role in developing the future of CED alongside Rowell and her team. He has been acting in an advisory capacity for the last nine months alongside other local founders to design what support looks like for the ecosystem. Spruill has accepted a seat on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors.

Last edited:

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
This thread is the definition of a crabs in the bucket mentality. Can't be happy for brotha who made it and became successful unless he made some arbitrary number of other black people successful too.
He's in my city and my industry. I did link with breh's profile on LinkedIN tho.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
This man really still in here living vicariously through a dude who made some Sanjays and cacs rich. :mjlol:

• Dap
Reactions: Ros

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
*podcast episode from a few weeks back

Dec 2023
Ever wondered what it takes to navigate the dynamic landscape of technology ecosystems? How about fostering a workplace revolution or leaving an indelible mark on the entrepreneurial scene? Well, today's guest, Bill Spruil, has the answers. Welcome into the mind of a true entrepreneurial icon, someone who not only sold a company for hundreds of millions but also orchestrated a windfall that created 25 new millionaires in the Triangle area.

Bill shares his insights on shaping a legacy, spearheading diversity initiatives, and, most importantly, catalyzing a workplace revolution. From his roots as employee number five at CED, the Council for Entrepreneurial Development, to founding and selling Global Data Consortium, Bill's journey is a roadmap for success in the ever-evolving tech world.

Stay tuned for an eye-opening conversation that delves into the nitty-gritty of entrepreneurship, leadership, and the future of technology in the Triangle area.

Last edited:

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
I wonder if ppl like that employ cacs for company security, sort of like how Marques Brownlee has a white staff.

I don’t believe the excuse of “I couldn’t find any black ppl skilled in these ______ areas”

or are they scared of a possible crabs situation? Or a person becoming too lax because it’s a black company?
The ironic part is Raleigh is supposed to be considered a "black mecca":francis:

Daps
Yall mad about this but the truth of the matter is that there are not a lot of black people in tech. I am one of three black people at my job which employs 600 people.

This stuff is crazy. Some of my friends are the ONLY black person at their tech jobs.

Instead of putting up these defeatist threads talking about Devin AI or ChatGPT or whatever else the hell yall be talking about, you need to get into tech. There is nothing but opportunity and money in this space.

Learn this stuff and really learn it and you have the potential to parlay that into some life changing money.

I'm making what I consider life changing money for myself right now and I'm new to tech. And this is just the beginning. I'm barely scratching the surface of what's possible for me, especially since I'm an entrepreneur at heart.

I'm working on something huge right now that is guarantee to make me a millionaire.

Y'all cats just don't know what you're missing out on.

Get into tech!!!!

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Yall mad about this but the truth of the matter is that there are not a lot of black people in tech. I am one of three black people at my job which employs 600 people.

This stuff is crazy. Some of my friends are the ONLY black person at their tech jobs.

Instead of putting up these defeatist threads talking about Devin AI or ChatGPT or whatever else the hell yall be talking about, you need to get into tech. There is nothing but opportunity and money in this space.

Learn this stuff and really learn it and you have the potential to parlay that into some life changing money.

I'm making what I consider life changing money for myself right now and I'm new to tech. And this is just the beginning. I'm barely scratching the surface of what's possible for me, especially since I'm an entrepreneur at heart.

I'm working on something huge right now that is guarantee to make me a millionaire.

Y'all cats just don't know what you're missing out on.

Get into tech!!!!
You can't be this dense. You really think your company only has 3 black people in it because we avoid tech?

Daps
You can't be this dense. You really think your company only has 3 black people in it because we avoid tech?

:deadrose:

Are you in tech, breh?

I know all of the black people in tech. We are all in the same discords and Facebook groups talking to each other.

I'm telling you I KNOW there aren't that many of us in the space.

You can say "they wouldn't hire us even if we were" but it's hard to say that when there's not enough of us to begin with.

And then on top of that, even if they won't hire us, we can start our own companies! And I'm telling you right now, there are VERY few black owned tech companies.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Not interested in tech, but this is a channel I like to watch.

I know all of the black people in tech.

what? :heh: