Black CEO in NC sells his startup, 25 of his employees become millionaires

Daps
Not interested in tech, but this is a channel I like to watch.

what? :heh:

Okay breh, I'm in the space and you watch youtube videos but you know more than me. You got it :pachaha:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

What are u interested in Bobby?

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
:deadrose:

Are you in tech, breh?

I know all of the black people in tech. We are all in the same discords and Facebook groups talking to each other.

I'm telling you I KNOW there aren't that many of us in the space.

You can say "they wouldn't hire us even if we were" but it's hard to say that when there's not enough of us to begin with.

And then on top of that, even if they won't hire us, we can start our own companies! And I'm telling you right now, there are VERY few black owned tech companies.
Breh I've been in tech for almost 20 years now don't do this. I'm not sure how long you've been in the corporate believe your company could only find 3 qualified black people? I won't go to hard on you because I do like that you are engaging and networking with folks, you're understanding of the corporate world is very lacking. I want you to listen to this podcast episode EP 18: Hacking Diversity. The guest is a black woman so she has even more obstacles to over come but make no mistake about it the things she's describing are the problems we face in the corporate world regardless of field.

Daps
Breh I've been in tech for almost 20 years now don't do this. I'm not sure how long you've been in the corporate believe your company could only find 3 qualified black people? I won't go to hard on you because I do like that you are engaging and networking with folks, you're understanding of the corporate world is very lacking. I want you to listen to this podcast episode EP 18: Hacking Diversity. The guest is a black woman so she has even more obstacles to over come but make no mistake about it the things she's describing are the problems we face in the corporate world regardless of field.

The point that I made in my initial post is that there needs to be more black people in tech.

I even said we need more black tech company CEOs.

Why are you arguing this? What are you getting out of arguing against the fact that there needs to be more black ppl in tech and more black tech owners? Why are you trying to push a defeatist mindset to the point that I made?

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Great channel recommendation. REP

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
The point that I made in my initial post is that there needs to be more black people in tech.

I even said we need more black tech company CEOs.

Why are you arguing this? What are you getting out of arguing against the fact that there needs to be more black ppl in tech and more black tech owners? Why are you trying to push a defeatist mindset to the point that I made?
Because you're talking like we avoid tech which is not the case at all. You even made an ignorant comment saying you know all the black people in tech which is a lie cause I know for a fact that you don't know me and the people I associate with. But you're right I don't know why I'm going back and forth with you cause their is no point. You know every black person in tech so you must be right:comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon:

Daps
Because you're talking like we avoid tech which is not the case at all. You even made an ignorant comment saying you know all the black people in tech which is a lie cause I know for a fact that you don't know me and the people I associate with. But you're right I don't know why I'm going back and forth with you cause their is no point. You know every black person in tech so you must be right:comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon::comeon:

We probably do know each other, actually :sas2:

With that being said, you're right and I'm wrong. There are hundreds of thousands of black people in tech. We don't need more of us in the industry and we damn sure don't need to start our own tech companies. Happy now? :troll:

Juliano Soprano

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:deadrose:

Are you in tech, breh?

I know all of the black people in tech. We are all in the same discords and Facebook groups talking to each other.

I'm telling you I KNOW there aren't that many of us in the space.

You can say "they wouldn't hire us even if we were" but it's hard to say that when there's not enough of us to begin with.

And then on top of that, even if they won't hire us, we can start our own companies! And I'm telling you right now, there are VERY few black owned tech companies.
I’ve been in tech for the past 15years up and down the Carolina coast (RDU CLT and Fort Mill) been part of many tech groups, I can guarantee you do not know every black person in tech and I ain’t even tryna come at you sideways, but ain’t no way you really believe that and if you do, it’s probably cause you’re pretty new to the game, again, I ain’t tryna come at you sideways, just speaking how i see it…now are there many of us in tech? Not nearly as much as Indians and whites, but we have decent numbers if you’re putting west Africans in the equation, definitely wish there were more though so your statement is true, black people need to look into tech more, and not just the management side of it either

Daps
I’ve been in tech for the past 15years up and down the Carolina coast (RDU CLT and Fort Mill) been part of many tech groups, I can guarantee you do not know every black person in tech and I ain’t even tryna come at you sideways, but ain’t no way you really believe that and if you do, it’s probably cause you’re pretty new to the game, again, I ain’t tryna come at you sideways, just speaking how i see it…now are there many of us in tech? Not nearly as much as Indians and whites, but we have decent numbers if you’re putting west Africans in the equation, definitely wish there were more though so your statement is true, black people need to look into tech more, and not just the management side of it either

I don't believe we have decent numbers in tech. That's the part of your statement that I disagree with. I dont feel our numbers are decent at all. And we definitely do NOT have enough tech company owners. Those are definitely far and few in between.

Juliano Soprano

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't believe we have decent numbers in tech. That's the part of your statement that I disagree with. I dont feel our numbers are decent at all. And we definitely do NOT have enough tech company owners. Those are definitely far and few in between.
I agree company owners we have lil to none and it’s really up to people like us that’s already in the game to make that happen, I’ve been wanting to start up a tech consulting business for years I just never prioritize it cause I’m making good money, one of my white colleagues started his and he got a couple employees under his belt now. A lot of us make it in tech and the fact we made it is good enough, can’t knock somebody for that but yeah I see your point there.

Daps
I agree company owners we have lil to none and it’s really up to people like us that’s already in the game to make that happen, I’ve been wanting to start up a tech consulting business for years I just never prioritize it cause I’m making good money, one of my white colleagues started his and he got a couple employees under his belt now. A lot of us make it in tech and the fact we made it is good enough, can’t knock somebody for that but yeah I see your point there.

Yep. I have my consulting company but I have something I'm working on that can employ hundreds of people (starting out) and potentially more as it grows. I'm trying to make an impact out here.

Tech is the way. It literally starts with solving a problem and then you package and sell that solution. That's what Elon did. That's what Jack did. That's what Steve did.

With that being said, I get that not everybody wants to do that, as breh above said. He been in the industry for 20 years.

My issue is then if that ain't your calling, then you don't have the right to criticize white companies for hiring their own. If you feel black people should be hired, then build something and hire them. Support black companies so they can be hired.

I'm just sick of all this defeatist talk that happens every time tech is mentioned on this site. Coincidentally that's how I got my start in the industry. Brehs made a defeatist thread about tech, woe is me, they're not hiring us, it's impossible to build your own, wah wah wah.

I read through the entire thread and walked away thinking "I can do that."

Then I started reaching out to brehs in the field asking questions and I went hard for a couple of years to make it here.

It's possible. If I can do it, other brehs can do it.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
My issue is then if that ain't your calling, then you don't have the right to criticize white companies for hiring their own. If you feel black people should be hired, then build something and hire them. Support black companies so they can be hired.

I'm just sick of all this defeatist talk that happens every time tech is mentioned on this site. Coincidentally that's how I got my start in the industry. Brehs made a defeatist thread about tech, woe is me, they're not hiring us, it's impossible to build your own, wah wah wah.

I read through the entire thread and walked away thinking "I can do that."

Then I started reaching out to brehs in the field asking questions and I went hard for a couple of years to make it here.

It's possible. If I can do it, other brehs can do it.

Go ahead Carl Owens talk your MAGA shyt. :mjgrin:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
When William Spruill recently raised $3.5 million for his technology company Global Data Consortium, he began to think about where to park the company’s growing assets.

So, he opened an account at M&F Bank, a Durham-based bank that is one of the oldest Black-owned banks in the country.
our-history.jpg

He ended up putting $3 million of his company’s money there, where he believes it’s more likely to be used in loans to other Black entrepreneurs and businesses.

Spruill didn’t stop there, though. After opening the account, he also challenged other members of the tech community to open accounts at M&F Bank.

Aug 22, 2024