Black CEO in NC sells his startup, 25 of his employees become millionaires

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
I wonder if ppl like that employ cacs for company security, sort of like how Marques Brownlee has a white staff.

I don’t believe the excuse of “I couldn’t find any black ppl skilled in these ______ areas”

or are they scared of a possible crabs situation? Or a person becoming too lax because it’s a black company?

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I wonder if ppl like that employ cacs for company security, sort of like how Marques Brownlee has a white staff.

I don’t believe the excuse of “I couldn’t find any black ppl skilled in these ______ areas”

or are they scared of a possible crabs situation? Or a person becoming too lax because it’s a black company?

I'm guessing these guys are software engineers? How many black SEs you guys think are out there? I work in a large company and I'm the only one. National average is 5%? Software Engineer Demographics and Statistics [2022]: Number Of Software Engineers In The US

That's why I'm always telling people to get into IT. Companies really do want to diversify away from "white male middle-upperclass nerds." There's more Indians than white guys in my team that's how hard up the country is for talent. My graduating SE class I think was 3/12 black though :ehh:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.

If you live in the south or the east coast or the Midwest it’s an excuse

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
He made a whole bunch of cacs rich. Nothing worth celebrating and this happened in North Carolina of all places

:mjlol:

How about HE got rich. And there's more black millionaires made in that picture than a CrazySexyCool reunion :umad:

The Coli's always got to conjure up a crab ass reason to hate on someone Black doing good

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
GDC-team.png

:martin:
I’m going get some flack for this but we need to be honest if we’re going to make change. We simply do not have enough black tech talent for anyone to have a 40 person team of all black people concentrated in one area. The average age of people in that photo is like 40+. How many 40+ year old black people do y’all think exist in Raleigh that would have had the knowledge, talent,and expertise to help build that company? Black people are going to have to hire and utilize the talents of other races and I don’t see a problem with this as other races utilize the talents of black peoples to build their shyt too. He’s using the money he made from this hopefully grow and develop the black talent in his area.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I'm guessing these guys are software engineers? How many black SEs you guys think are out there? I work in a large company and I'm the only one. National average is 5%? Software Engineer Demographics and Statistics [2022]: Number Of Software Engineers In The US

That's why I'm always telling people to get into IT. Companies really do want to diversify away from "white male middle-upperclass nerds." There's more Indians than white guys in my team that's how hard up the country is for talent. My graduating SE class I think was 3/12 black though :ehh:
People in this thread really have no clue how much black people are behind when it comes to this. I guarantee people will come in here and post a bunch of YouTube videos and tweets about “black people in tech”. But the problem is most of those people in those videos and tweets while they may work in tech they’re not in actual engineering and development roles and would be useless for the most part for a lean startup.

Last edited:

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
I’m going get some flack for this but we need to be honest if we’re going to make change. We simply do not have enough black tech talent for anyone to have a 40 person team of all black people concentrated in one area. The average age of people in that photo is like 40+. How many 40+ year old black people do y’all think exist in Raleigh that would have had the knowledge, talent,and expertise to help build that company? Black people are going to have to hire and utilize the talents of other races and I don’t see a problem with this as other races utilize the talents of black peoples to build their shyt too. He’s using the money he made from this hopefully grow and develop the black talent in his area.
:gucci: me

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Y’all problack but stay with defeatist talking points
Or moving goalposts
Meanwhile tech companies use nikkas like Asian countries use white people
To sell diversity and when they get a bag from a angel investor
They make life hell for the black talent just to get them up outta there
A lot of you nikkas be talkin out your ass and full of shyt hyperbolic opinions you know damn well you don’t say offline because you ain’t built like that
And you know you would get your proverbial and literal wig pushed back
Ain’t no way boy

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
If you can acknowledge like y’all do every couple posts that we’re in a uniquely diminished position…Then we need to be uniquely able to move the ball. We can’t be happy some nikka who very likely doesn’t identify as Black worked his ass off, started his own company then sold it to enrich whites on both sides of the deal. That’s never- never ever ever- gonna lead to Atlanta being the new Silicon Valley or whatever wishful ass shyt u nikkas tell yourselves.
It’s no way you nikkas thought it was goin any other way lmao. Y’all gon learn about these feel good ass articles.