Black Brazilian soccer star Vinicius Jr. Defiant in the face of racist cacs

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Spain isnt even his country, he doesnt have to be there other than contractual obligations and even those can be rescinded if your human rights are being abused.
The problem for Vini, is that in Brazil they adore Spain and Italy, and have a very low opinion of playing in England.

That might have been true in the 2000's but nowadays it's significantly more lucrative to go play in England. Not to mention outside of Vinicius, the new core of the Brazilian national team is going to be made up of PL players like Paqueta, Richarlison, Gabriel, Martinelli, Allison/Ederson, etc.

Half the team is from the PL.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Why do these cacs press Vini so hard? Bellingham doesn’t have these problems..

1. Wait till England's first big failure with him as a central star. You'll see the shift HARD. Look how they did Raheem Sterling and Saka.

2. Bellingham has the England buff over seas. English players that go to Spain early or in their prime are unicorns to them. They dare not slander the UK's golden boy.

3. He's a "model minority" right now. Has all the good traits both English and Spanish press love. Goal scoring, technically sound, doesn't talk to much, and keeps that damn dancing to a minimum. But keep it funky, the more he's around Vini, Camavinga, Militao etc. it's gonna rub off and pretty soon he'll start speaking out too.

Dig

Catch Up
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
1. Wait till England's first big failure with him as a central star. You'll see the shift HARD. Look how they did Raheem Sterling and Saka.

2. Bellingham has the England buff over seas. English players that go to Spain early or in their prime are unicorns to them. They dare not slander the UK's golden boy.

3. He's a "model minority" right now. Has all the good traits both English and Spanish press love. Goal scoring, technically sound, doesn't talk to much, and keeps that damn dancing to a minimum. But keep it funky, the more he's around Vini, Camavinga, Militao etc. it's gonna rub off and pretty soon he'll start speaking out too.
Thanks for the explanation. I play fifa so I’m like, ain’t it a lot of brown people playing for Madrid :skip:. Makes sense tho

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
If we always ran away from racism we wouldn't be able to go anywhere but Africa today

It's not always the best or even the obvious answer. If someone's thinking about the people that come after them, they might weigh the impact they'd have staying, enduring, and fighting the prejudice over their own personal benefit

The predicament he's in is that even though he's facing racial abuse he's playing for the biggest club in the world. Going anywhere else would be a step backwards in his career.

Also, hardly any clubs would be able to afford him and the few that can would not be a great move for him

Cacs DON'T respond to crying or talking about racism.

They ONLY respond to ACTION.

When black soccer players decide to start doing collective boycotts. You will see changes.

The problem is most black soccer players are COWARDS on some "I got mines and I aint trying to lose mines so imma stay silent or half ass my responses"

This player has about 7 black teamates and they're all SILENT.

This would NEVER happen in the NBA.

They got Donald Sterling, a damn OWNER, out of the Clippers just by threatening a boycott.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps

When black soccer players decide to start doing collective boycotts. You will see changes.

The problem is most black soccer players are COWARDS on some "I got mines and I aint trying to lose mines so imma stay silent or half ass my responses"

They got Donald Sterling, a damn OWNER, out of the Clippers just by threatening a boycott.
full

Redwing80

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Of course it wouldn't happen in the NBA, they're African American players playing in their own country. You think there's no consequences to racism in football?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Thanks for the explanation. I play fifa so I’m like, ain’t it a lot of brown people playing for Madrid :skip:. Makes sense tho

There is now. Rodrygo, Militao, Alaba, Vinicius Jr., Bellingham, Camavinga, Tchouameni, Ferland Mendy and Rudiger. And potentially Alphonso Davies coming in the fall, You could (theoretically with some position shifts) have 10 of the outfield players be black with only a white goal keeper.

That's unheard of in club football in Spain actually. If they woulda kept interest in Edouard Mendy you could have a whole starting 11 of black players.

The NBA is very different from almost every sports league on earth. They BY FAR have the best players union, are by FAR the highest paid on average and have the comfort of playing in the best basketball league in the world that also happens to be most of the players' country of origin.

They know the mores, social rules, when to speak and when not to, and HOW to speak as well. In soccer, you're talking about kids that have been pluck up from the ages of 8-13 and sometimes shipped off to foreign countries where they have only a passable grasp on the language and culture. In some cases by the time they are 19-21 they've already played in 3-4 countries. These players are significantly LESS protected than in the NBA.

Also, there's not as much profit sharing in soccer. So if Real Madrid (the team he plays for) all of a sudden lost millions because the players went on strike the club would be in serious danger of folding EVEN THOUGH the leadership has defended Vini constantly. Which puts EVERY player in jeopardy.

I understand your energy, but you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the sport. Basketball is comparable by interest alone...the NBA is structured VERY differently from anything in soccer.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
This is why i shake my head why i see black people traveling to openly racist countries that despise us like spain and italy why would you want to boost their economy and support their bigotry? Spain and italy are one of the most vile anti black countries in modern society, openly racist and open disdain for people that are with black skin

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Of course it wouldn't happen in the NBA, they're African American players playing in their own country. You think there's no consequences to racism in football?

If there were real consequences this breh wouldn’t be crying about it in a press conference in 2024 :dahell:

And it no it galleons in the NBA because the players understand THEY are the starts

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
This is why i shake my head why i see black people traveling to openly racist countries that despise us like spain and italy why would you want to boost their economy and support their bigotry? Spain and italy are one of the most vile anti black countries in modern society, openly racist and open disdain for people that are with black skin

As one who's been to both it depends.

Barcelona is fantastic and I got nothing but love for that place. Had some of the best parties with strangers and soccer fans in Barca. I hear Madrid is REALLY fukked up and racist but I've never been there. I've been told by a spanish dude, if Barcelona is LA then Madrid is Dallas. In terms of how racist people are or aren't.

Italy was weird. Florence was perfect. No static and people left me to my own devices for the most part. Rome on the otherhand was shocking. I got the America boost out there. People who were openly friendly to me and crew took no hesitation to talk shyt about AFRICANS.

But it helps that I speak enough of Spanish and Italian to know when shyt is being talked.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
There is now. Rodrygo, Militao, Alaba, Vinicius Jr., Bellingham, Camavinga, Tchouameni, Ferland Mendy and Rudiger. And potentially Alphonso Davies coming in the fall, You could (theoretically with some position shifts) have 10 of the outfield players be black with only a white goal keeper.

That's unheard of in club football in Spain actually. If they woulda kept interest in Edouard Mendy you could have a whole starting 11 of black players.

The NBA is very different from almost every sports league on earth. They BY FAR have the best players union, are by FAR the highest paid on average and have the comfort of playing in the best basketball league in the world that also happens to be most of the players' country of origin.

They know the mores, social rules, when to speak and when not to, and HOW to speak as well. In soccer, you're talking about kids that have been pluck up from the ages of 8-13 and sometimes shipped off to foreign countries where they have only a passable grasp on the language and culture. In some cases by the time they are 19-21 they've already played in 3-4 countries. These players are significantly LESS protected than in the NBA.

Also, there's not as much profit sharing in soccer. So if Real Madrid (the team he plays for) all of a sudden lost millions because the players went on strike the club would be in serious danger of folding EVEN THOUGH the leadership has defended Vini constantly. Which puts EVERY player in jeopardy.

I understand your energy, but you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the sport. Basketball is comparable by interest alone...the NBA is structured VERY differently from anything in soccer.

Soccer has black superstars.

If all of them said they were going to sit out until TANGIBLE policies were brought in to deal with racism you would see a change in under a week.

Fans WANT to see superstars.

The players don’t want to because of the reasons I mention.

That’s why Vinicius 7 black teammates have said NOTHING.

And If the team has to potentially take a financial hit for racism to be addressed and taken seriously then so be it :mjtf:

Cacs don’t respond to talking or crying ONLY action.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Soccer has black superstars.

If all of them said they were going to sit out until TANGIBLE policies were brought in to deal with racism you would see a change in under a week.

Fans WANT to see superstars.

The players don’t want to because of the reasons I mention.

That’s why Vinicius 7 black teammates have said NOTHING.

And If the team has to potentially take a financial hit for racism to be addressed and taken seriously then so be it :mjtf:

Cacs don’t respond to talking or crying ONLY action.

Not like basketball it doesn't. That sport can absolutely keep churning on European/Asian talent alone. Will it be at it's peak? No. But it can (and would) keep on chugging along.

Like Racism in the real (non sports) world. The oppressed can't do it alone, some of the oppressors gotta switch sides too.