Black America's Wealth Illusion: Black Celebrities misrepresenting the black community's wealth

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
You have no idea about those Asians bruh :wow:

My girl's mom is Asian and she owns 2 restaurants and co owns a nail place with her sister. Her little brother pretty much runs the damn restaurant and he's 14:wow:

These Asians don't play about their money :whoo:

I know ppl who don't even have their license in their 20's. Lil man is 5 :damn:

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
I agree it's not fair at all and the breeding of slaves play a role in it.

Slavery made the NFL & NBA what it is today, no where else on earth are there such thoroughbred athletes.

The cream of the crop entertainers make millions giving a false perception causing the average black person to suffer.

Your exactly right, it's all or nothing it seems like sometimes for black America and cacs just wan't to be entertained.

Things could change but the culture must change first.

Which is a result of slavery....Fact
Black consciousness is an on-going process
This is a clear example of a "conscious" person still believing in white supremacist ideologies
How could you post the teachings of the Honorable Min. Louise Farrakhan but yet still push as facts the white supremacist religion lies?

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Black consciousness is an on-going process
This is a clear example of a "conscious" person still believing in white supremacist ideologies
How could you post the teachings of the Honorable Min. Louise Farrakhan but yet still push as facts the white supremacist religion lies?

I don't understand, please elaborate on what white supremacist religion lies your talking about?

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
I don't understand, please elaborate on what white supremacist religion lies your talking about?
Black athleticism is not a direct result of slavery. The white supremacist religion teaches it followers that white involvement in black lives mostly improves it. So, even though slavery was a "bad thing," the one of a few "good things" were that blacks became great athletes

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
In our culture the cream of the crop is SO EXTREMELY wealthy it sh*ts on everybody else. Like when you're 200 million deep in the nation, the 100,000 or so white athletes are very rare. But most blacks know personally, or are like 3 degrees away from a major crime boss/pro baller because our communities are so much smaller. So when you see the baller all day in your neighborhood on 22s, it kind of takes the glamour away from being an accountant/programmer/professor or other steady type jobs. When you see that one guy in the hood all the time ballin' out, and all the bishes on him, that's what makes it tough, and I think that's the major difference between the black community and the white community.
I really doubt you can fix this... I know nikkas that will spend 10k one night at the titiebar... who live around some of the poorest blacks in the nation.

IAmGettingAMailOrderBride

I'm Getting A Mail Order Bride
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
BlackieRobinson
Because most of our richer/wealthier black people have made it through means of entertainment and sports which in corporations like those there just performing while a richer person is actually pulling all the strings, the richer people are the ones owning and managing things

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Breeding of slaves has nothing to do with the preponderance of black athletes in the NFL and NBA. :childplease:

It's because of culture and because perception tends to become reality overtime. Attributing that to slavery or "breeding" is fallacious. From the 1910s-1940s Jews dominated boxing (in fact there were 26 Jewish world champs), I doubt anybody would say it's because of their genes or because Jewish people are unusually athletic. Another example - there are few black pro swimmers. In fact, around 60% of black kids can't swim, compared to only about 31% of white kids. It would be easy to postulate that this is because of some physiological advantage that white people have, but from a scientific standpoint it would be bullshyt. More do to with black kids being less likely to have regular access to a swimming pool, and less interest in swimming in general due to a cultural preference for other sports.

Whenever a certain ethnic group dominates a certain sport, it's going to be mostly cultural. Not trying to diss, but it's kind of a pet peeve of mine when people automatically equate things to genetics that have little to do with it.
I agree.... that it's not from slave breeding... so what do you think it is????

Can't be just culture because for certain sports.. fighting, football, basketball.. its pure athleticism mixed with skill. Look at the mma... that's not something thats in the hood culture like bball. But blacks have been a dominant force in the ufc, at one point holding the important belts using grappling, kun fu, wrestling n random shyt. Our hoods most famous line about MA is... a diss(36 in karate class)....

I do believe it has to do with breeding, and genetics.. just not slave breeding. for example, the indian men at my job would never have wives if they were black just based on their mannerisms and builds..... Black women, especially back in the day preferred certain men... and the men didn't usually prefer the very small chicks....

So I don't agree that its just because of culture.. cacs love football n basketball too plus had a head start on playing those sports professionally.... yet blacks dominate.

I do mma now... im madddd nuggerish with it. I dont practice like that, etc. But when it comes down to it... im very confident against a cac in my weight class... I am a lil nervous if its a black dude.. even a cut up black guys muscles look different while fighting. If u pay attention. I dont think its simply culture.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breeding of slaves has nothing to do with the preponderance of black athletes in the NFL and NBA. :childplease:

It's because of culture and because perception tends to become reality overtime. Attributing that to slavery or "breeding" is fallacious. From the 1910s-1940s Jews dominated boxing (in fact there were 26 Jewish world champs), I doubt anybody would say it's because of their genes or because Jewish people are unusually athletic. Another example - there are few black pro swimmers. In fact, around 60% of black kids can't swim, compared to only about 31% of white kids. It would be easy to postulate that this is because of some physiological advantage that white people have, but from a scientific standpoint it would be bullshyt. More do to with black kids being less likely to have regular access to a swimming pool, and less interest in swimming in general due to a cultural preference for other sports.

Whenever a certain ethnic group dominates a certain sport, it's going to be mostly cultural. Not trying to diss, but it's kind of a pet peeve of mine when people automatically equate things to genetics that have little to do with it.
I was just thinking that. Basketball and Football are pushed as a way out of poverty (Dave Chappelle even made a joke about it) so if you have something like 40% of Black males playing sports since birth, and being pushed by both their households and communities, you're going to have a lot more dominate athletes coming from one community. Same thing with musicians, its pushed, and seen as a way out.
Blaming rap music is always problematic, but rappers are generally known to flex their wealth and overstate their influence. With the exception of Jay-Z, Dr. Dre, Diddy, Birdman and 50 Cent (who's actual net worths are in the hundred millions) most rappers rely on braggadocio And spend time talking about ridiculously extravagant purchases, while their actual spending ability may only be in the tens of thousands.
Normal Black men and women are shown a lot less on television than the (moderately) wealthy, and to counter this we need more "normalcy" on television, and in general media.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Harsh realities of the aggressive content/lavish lifestyle pipe dream not having us in comfortable positon:lupe:

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Black athleticism is not a direct result of slavery. The white supremacist religion teaches it followers that white involvement in black lives mostly improves it. So, even though slavery was a "bad thing," the one of a few "good things" were that blacks became great athletes

I usually agree w you @Truth200 .... but you should maybe rethink some of these points

But it's not my opinion, it's the opinion of Olympic Gold Medalist runner Michael Johnson.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
These are facts and the entertainers in hop hop perpetuate the stereotypes making it worse for underclass blacks.

But with the new leader of sports in the USA being the greatest athlete in the world and a conscious brother things could change.

I'm talking about Lebron James the greatest icon in the history of Black America to walk this Earth since Muhammad Ali.

Lebron is a true hero and the most famous positive role model i have ever seen to the youth, he is the figurehead of excellence.

Obviously Lebron is the most rare example of athleticism but he is the epitome of the African American Family.

Meanwhile Michael Jordan has a cac wife and doesn't want to take pictures with nikkas.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/jord...is-far-more-ruthless-than-lebron-kobe.233882/

^I made a thread about this last week.

Everything comes in circles breh. There are more blacks in college than ever these days. Last time I was in the Loop in Chicago I saw hella young black professionals. :obama: