"Black America for Immigration Reform" was founded by a race-baiting white Trump official

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
William W. Chip called up a couple random black conservatives to be on the board and then placed a MAGA woman that no one knows to be the Executive Director. So far as I can tell, her entire job consists of occasionally presenting at Center for Immigration Studies conferences and sending out MAGA tweets that no one likes. This is just a few of the hundred or so tweets she's posted this week alone.

This is the executive director of "Black Americans for Immigration Reform". She seems to be the only person actually doing anything in the org.

What has to go wrong in your life to get to this point? :gucci:

Is this woman actually black? There was some controversy a few weeks/months ago about some white guy got caught posting on his wrong Twitter account that he was black woman.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
This anecdote from the Politico article is awful. :mjlol:

Chishti pointed to GOP presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy, who according to The New York Times, recently recounted a May event in southside Chicago in which he had an illuminating exchange with Black voters. In Ramaswamy’s telling, these voters favored him sending troops to Mexico, locking down the border and had numerous questions about immigration. According to the Times, however, they actually pressed the GOP candidate on his opposition to affirmative action and systemic racism. A Ramaswamy campaign aide then implored the crowd to ask questions about immigration.

“It’s not surprising that the restrictionist movement is trying to find a strong foothold in the Black population,” Chishti said, explaining that this isn’t the first time the movement has latched on to this argument. “But it just didn’t work. And I think the jury’s out today in this chapter whether it will work, because the Rainbow Coalition in the Democratic party is still quite potent — we haven’t seen any fractures in that. But I think this is an attempt to create a fracture in that coalition.”

We're talking about VIVEK RAMASWARMY here, whose parents are both immigrants and whose own father still isn't an American citizen, desperately trying to get anti-immigrant quotes from Black Americans because he wants to help White Republicans so bad. :snoop:
full

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
William W. Chip called up a couple random black conservatives to be on the board and then placed a MAGA woman that no one knows to be the Executive Director. So far as I can tell, her entire job consists of occasionally presenting at Center for Immigration Studies conferences and sending out MAGA tweets that no one likes. This is just a few of the hundred or so tweets she's posted this week alone.

This is the executive director of "Black Americans for Immigration Reform". She seems to be the only person actually doing anything in the org.

What has to go wrong in your life to get to this point? :gucci:
Looks like she's involved with John Tanton's CIS too.

UhZAnSe.jpeg

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You should also look up John Tillman; I posted about him a while ago.

He does the same thing with founding legit-sounding orgs that are a cover for conservative bullshyt, but more broadly deals in pushing libertarianism.

I hadn't heard of him, that looks like it would be illegal in a country where laws regarding rich people were taken seriously.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
ADOS is not bait. Dr. King spoke on it, and it is an accurate descriptor of those of us with roots to the system of slavery as practiced in the now USA.

Also, stop lumping ADOS with Tariq's nonsense. ADOS looks to get redress for harms done to us, but we also look out for Americans who are Black and come from immigrant backgrounds, too. In fact, it is part of the ADOS mission. (Read the bolded)

I don't like attacking "acronyms", cause they're loose and can represent anybody.

But the term ADOS has mostly been associated with Tariq's bullshyt (which has become transparently pro-Trump this year) and Yvette Carnell. Back in 2012, Yvette was pushing the known racist and White Nationalist sympathizer Ron Paul as "the man who can save America" and supporting his candidacy for president. In 2016, she was publicly attacking Ta-Nehisi Coates for focusing on reparations too much and called herself a Bernie Sanders supporter. Then later that year, she starts pushing #ADOS at the same time she becomes a board member for "Progressives for Immigration Reform", a group astroturfed by the racist White Nationalist John Tanton. She continued to bash Ta-Nehisi Coates and N'COBRA and everyone else who was working for reparations, but this time from the "not good enough" side when just a year earlier she was bashing them for doing too much.

Yvette doing PFIR for John Tanton is exactly the same as Kathleen Wells doing BAIR for a white Trump official. If she wasn't straight grifting for White Supremacists, then she's ignorant as hell. Why the need to constantly attack other reparations advocates and Black immigrants in general (or even people percieved to be Black immigrants)? How did that help the cause?

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
I don't like attacking "acronyms", cause they're loose and can represent anybody.

But the term ADOS has mostly been associated with Tariq's bullshyt (which has become transparently pro-Trump this year) and Yvette Carnell. Back in 2012, Yvette was pushing the known racist and White Nationalist sympathizer Ron Paul as "the man who can save America" and supporting his candidacy for president. In 2016, she was publicly attacking Ta-Nehisi Coates for focusing on reparations too much and called herself a Bernie Sanders supporter. Then later that year, she starts pushing #ADOS at the same time she becomes a board member for "Progressives for Immigration Reform", a group astroturfed by the racist White Nationalist John Tanton. She continued to bash Ta-Nehisi Coates and N'COBRA and everyone else who was working for reparations, but this time from the "not good enough" side when just a year earlier she was bashing them for doing too much.

Yvette doing PFIR for John Tanton is exactly the same as Kathleen Wells doing BAIR for a white Trump official. If she wasn't straight grifting for White Supremacists, then she's ignorant as hell. Why the need to constantly attack other reparations advocates and Black immigrants in general (or even people percieved to be Black immigrants)? How did that help the cause?

Well let's look at the facts about Yvette Carnell since there's never any talks about the actual agenda being pushed for whatever reason which can be found here:

Black Agenda » The ADOS Advocacy Foundation

and the discussion is always about her character. I think most people like the agenda, actually.

From what I see in your posts the earliest time referenced is 2012, before 2012 she served as staff assistant to U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA), legislative aide to Congressman Marion Berry (D-AR), and assistant to the Chair of the Women’s Vote Center at the DNC.

These are critical facts about her political alignment and history that I can't find anywhere in any of the hitpieces articles you linked or in any of your posts ever. Not quite sure what's up with that.​

According to you she was pushing Ron Paul in 2012 and then "called herself a Bernie Sanders supporter" in 2016. A quick look at the conference ADOS is hosting in 2024 and what do I see

Nina Turner as one of the key note speakers, so that checks out (also source of her above prior capitol hill work since that never gets mentioned for some reason).

You make a random mention of Ta Nehisi Coates sandwiched between her 2012 and 2016 Presidential endorsements, but without providing quotes and references to what she actually said about him "publicly critiquing" becomes "publicly attacking".

"Why the need to constantly attack other reparations advocates"

In one of the hitpieces articles you linked it's mentioned here:

"ADOS founders and followers like to say they’re only on the scene because NCOBRA and all the reparationists before them failed to get the job done. This is the only place where ADOS gets it not half, but maybe about a quarter right. NCOBRA didn’t get the job done, but reparationists of what we’ll call the NCOBRA generation – NCOBRA was founded in 1989 – they only stepped to the fore because the black politics of two previous decades since the ‘65 and ‘66 voting rights acts had also failed to achieve any practical improvements in the everyday lives of black people. Reparations was a kind of retreat from the futility of practical politics, without the need of setting actual goals against which to measure progress.

Reparationists of the 80s, the 90s and the new century many of whom identify as Pan Africanists of one stripe or another, seem to have made their peace with the fact that they could file lawsuits, hold meetings and seminars, and speak at the UN and international meetings, but they couldn’t get much of anything done that affected the lives of ordinary people. They retreated into what Adolph Reed calls a politics of symbolism and psychology. Since the 1980s these reparationists have tirelessly talked up the the undeniable moral justice of their claim, the support for it in human rights discourse and international law, the psychological imperatives of restorative justice, and the possibility of genetic damage due to the profound stress of oppression, all of which with the addition of two dollars and fifty cents will get you a subway ride in New York or Atlanta. But these reparationists fall mostly incoherent or silent when it comes to offering even the most vague sketch of how these moral claims might be translated into a viable political project"

Her history with being willing to work across political lines to get things done is probably why she joined PFIR. I could see why that's a deal breaker for some.

For everyone else there's 3 other key founding members that never get talked about because they aren't as easy targets for people with questionable intention to smear.

Antonio Moore, Dr. Kevin Crosby and Dr. Sandy Darity. From what I understand, Dr. Darity and the organization severed ties due to differences in opinion on whether or not black immigrants should be entitled to reparations (Dr. Darity is pro black immigrants receiving reparations). There's also chapters which regularly have meetings where people who aren't internet characters talk.

The subject of those discussions is never black immigrants, and the only time I ever see black immigrants discussed is (online) to point out that they aren't entitled reparations because their family did not go through slavery and most (and by most it's probably a number greater than 99%) of them just got here post 1965, so they weren't even here for Civil Rights in any real number. Anything deeper than that is a narrative people fabricate based on cherry picking twitter trolls (a very very bush league tactic that you can do for any group), not based on going to chapter meetings or conferences and interacting with people in the real world.

Last edited:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Well let's look at the facts about Yvette Cornell here since there's never any talks about the actual agenda being pushed for whatever reason which can be found here:

Black Agenda » The ADOS Advocacy Foundation

and the discussion is always about her character. I think most people like the agenda, actually.

From what I see in your posts the earliest time referenced is 2012, before 2012 she served as staff assistant to U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA), legislative aide to Congressman Marion Berry (D-AR), and assistant to the Chair of the Women’s Vote Center at the DNC.

Critical facts about her political alignment and history that I can't find anywhere in any of the articles you linked or any of your posts ever.​

According to you she was pushing Ron Paul and then "called herself a Bernie Sanders supporter" in 2016. I look at the conference ADOS is hosting in 2024 and what do I see

Nina Turner as one of the key note speakers, so that checks out (also source of her above prior capitol hill work since that never gets mentioned for some reason).

A random mention of Ta Nehisi Coates but without providing quotes and references to what she said about him "critiquing" becomes "publicly attacking"

"Why the need to constantly attack other reparations advocates"

In one of the hitpieces articles you linked it's mentioned here:

"ADOS founders and followers like to say they’re only on the scene because NCOBRA and all the reparationists before them failed to get the job done. This is the only place where ADOS gets it not half, but maybe about a quarter right. NCOBRA didn’t get the job done, but reparationists of what we’ll call the NCOBRA generation – NCOBRA was founded in 1989 – they only stepped to the fore because the black politics of two previous decades since the ‘65 and ‘66 voting rights acts had also failed to achieve any practical improvements in the everyday lives of black people. Reparations was a kind of retreat from the futility of practical politics, without the need of setting actual goals against which to measure progress.

Reparationists of the 80s, the 90s and the new century many of whom identify as Pan Africanists of one stripe or another, seem to have made their peace with the fact that they could file lawsuits, hold meetings and seminars, and speak at the UN and international meetings, but they couldn’t get much of anything done that affected the lives of ordinary people. They retreated into what Adolph Reed calls a politics of symbolism and psychology. Since the 1980s these reparationists have tirelessly talked up the the undeniable moral justice of their claim, the support for it in human rights discourse and international law, the psychological imperatives of restorative justice, and the possibility of genetic damage due to the profound stress of oppression, all of which with the addition of two dollars and fifty cents will get you a subway ride in New York or Atlanta. But these reparationists fall mostly incoherent or silent when it comes to offering even the most vague sketch of how these moral claims might be translated into a viable political project"

Her history with being willing to work across political lines to get things done is probably why she joined PFIR. I could see why that's a deal breaker for some.

For everyone else there's 3 other key founding members that never get talked about because they aren't as easy targets for people with questionable intention to smear.

Antonio Moore, Dr. Kevin Crosby and Dr. Sandy Darity. From what I understand, Dr. Darity and the organization severed ties due to differences in opinion on whether or not black immigrants should be entitled to reparations (Dr. Darity is pro black immigrants receiving reparations). There's also chapters which regularly have meetings where people who aren't internet characters talk.

The subject of those discussions are never black immigrants, and the only time I ever see black immigrants discussed is to point out that they aren't entitled reparations because they did not go through slavery and most of them just got here post 1965. Anything deeper than that is a narrative people fabricate based on cherry picking twitter trolls (a very very bush league tactic that you can do for any group), not based on going to chapter meetings or conferences and interacting with people in the real world.
I don't understand Dr. Darity's logic with this. No doubt non-ados faced racism and discrimination from the United States but a black man/woman who is of Jamaican, Haitian, Dominican, Trinidad, Colombian, Nigerian, Kenyan, etc descent should get reparations from the government's of the United Kingdom, Spain, France, etc. not the United States.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’

All these articles just amount to the same BS the detractors have been spewing for years.

"Why does ADOS want to become APART of the empire instead of fighting the power?"(while in that same article, detracting ADOS for their lack of political saviness and for being against mainstream candiates.)

"Why does ADOS so hyperfocused on reperations instead of other practical ideas that can help EVERYONE! We need a big TENT!"(While calling themselves the Black Agenda, and not addressing how other groups want policies that are hyper-specific to what their ethnic group is going through while not being told to choose between the practical and the "fantastical" ideas)

"We tried the whole reperations push already, and it FAILED! We got symbolic pan-africanism that didn't amount to much of anything"(No crap! Symbolic Pan-Africanism is what they're trying to get people AWAY from)

"We NEED Non-BLK ppl to get on board, and the push for reperations doens't seem practical for non-BLKs to get on board with"(While being ok with telling Black-Americans to get on board with everyone else's joint issues, and inevitably, other groups specific redress)

Dameon Farrow

Superstar
Daps
Big shocker here. Immigration isn't an issue that is even close to bothering us. Go ahead,fellas. Post your x tweets as 'proof'. I never see it stopping jack shyt in real life anywhere. For anybody. Not even a little bit.

Maga will not stop being bigoted...so they.have to hype up divisive shyt to try and get our attention. It works on far too many.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All these articles just amount to the same BS the detractors have been spewing for years.

"Why does ADOS want to become APART of the empire instead of fighting the power?"(while in that same article, detracting ADOS for their lack of political saviness and for being against mainstream candiates.)

"Why does ADOS so hyperfocused on reperations instead of other practical ideas that can help EVERYONE! We need a big TENT!"(While calling themselves the Black Agenda, and not addressing how other groups want policies that are hyper-specific to what their ethnic group is going through while not being told to choose between the practical and the "fantastical" ideas)

"We tried the whole reperations push already, and it FAILED! We got symbolic pan-africanism that didn't amount to much of anything"(No crap! Symbolic Pan-Africanism is what they're trying to get people AWAY from)

"We NEED Non-BLK ppl to get on board, and the push for reperations doens't seem practical for non-BLKs to get on board with"(While being ok with telling Black-Americans to get on board with everyone else's joint issues, and inevitably, other groups specific redress)
Always trying to tell us what WE should be doing. That ship done sailed.
:wow: