Blacc community don’t want to admit he’s on Denzel & Samuel Jackson’s level talent wise

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Hitch
Aladdin
Men in Black
Six Degrees of Separation
Gemini Men
Fresh Prince
I can definately see a young Denzel in Hitch, he certainly had the swag for it and is a more believable PUA than Will. Aladdin anyone can play genie it’s not a role that stretches an individuals acting chops. And all the others listed I can see Denzel doing them apart from Fresh prince which was essentially Will playing an exaggerated version of himself.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can definately see a young Denzel in Hitch, he certainly had the swag for it and is a more believable PUA than Will. Aladdin anyone can play genie it’s not a role that stretches an individuals acting chops. And all the others listed I can see Denzel doing them apart from Fresh prince which was essentially Will playing an exaggerated version of himself.
I actually think he is too cool to play a PUA...almost like he is above it. Couldnt pull off the clingy college nerd at all :mjlol:.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
which roles has Denzel played that comes close to those characters?
i've never seen him in any comedy to indicate he can play genie in aladdin. you have to have an air of goofiness about you, Robin Williams and Will Smith have both shown this in multiple roles. Denzel has that commanding presence in his voice, that i just can't see in being a ginie or a archtype that's not in control

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hitch
Aladdin
Men in Black
Gemini Men
Fresh Prince
  1. A relationship expert - yes if he wanted to
  2. A blue genie - why would he?
  3. A federal agent for aliens - yes, but why would he?
  4. A homosexual - hell no :mjlol:
  5. A 17 year old who moved to LA from Philly - why would he?

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
which roles has Denzel played that comes close to those characters?
i've never seen him in any comedy to indicate he can play genie in aladdin. you have to have an air of goofiness about you, Robin Williams and Will Smith have both shown this in multiple roles. Denzel has that commanding presence in his voice, that i just can't see in being a ginie or a archtype that's not in control
Was he playing a genie or was he playing Will Smith in a genie costume? It’s a big difference.

I love Will pause and think he gets an undeserved wrap for not having range, but Denzel is a true thespian. Will is a star.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Hitch
Aladdin
Men in Black
Gemini Men
Fresh Prince
These movies aren't Denzel's lane at all. He's not the big summer blockbuster guy. His characters are in the trenches and fighting to get to a better life by the time the credits roll and the lights come on.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
will smith can play all those roles besides Malcolm x

Denzel can't do the Will movies i listed.

he's never even shown an inkling of playing those roles. not good with accents either.

Will is the more more versatile actor

Will Smith was in movies you really liked. I get it, but even Will himself would fall back if someone asked him if he thought he was close to Denzel's level.

If Will Smith thought he could play those characters he would've tried. He knows what his lane is and he stays in it.