Blacc community don’t want to admit he’s on Denzel & Samuel Jackson’s level talent wise

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
yes, and will smith can play all those role just as well

i can definitely see Will in Training Day

can't see Denzel in alot of Will Smith roles though

actually, the only black veteran actor that has showed more range is like bruh from above said, Jeffrey Wright
Oh hell nah. Denzel is the GOAT. Will Smith in a serious corrupt cop/gangster role like Training Day? Not believable at all. Will Smith is a great action/comedy star, but a tough guy role would not be believable.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Nope he is the black equivalent to this muthafukka :russ:
d3caK3l4UfbnzOxv95wLoFLZzMO.jpg

As soon as I see both
The movie is either going to be super mid
Semi decent
And they will either be
Bad guys or characters used to make other characters around them more profound

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Oh hell nah. Denzel is the GOAT. Will Smith in a serious corrupt cop/gangster role like Training Day? Not believable at all. Will Smith is a great action/comedy star, but a tough guy role would not be believable.
Will Smith played anti hero in in suicide squad and his character in Bad Boys 2 is much closer to alonso harris. mean while, Denzel has never shown an inkling of playing an ecentric character or someone with comedic timing

all his role are either serious like being in a role of authority or playing a trauma character. even in movies like flight where he's suppose to be somewhat eccentric, he truns it serious. Will Smith would have killed that role

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Will Smith was in movies you really liked. I get it, but even Will himself would fall back if someone asked him if he thought he was close to Denzel's level.

If Will Smith thought he could play those characters he would've tried. He knows what his lane is and he stays in it.
i said he's more versatile

when it comes to a specific kind of role or character archetype, i think he's one of the goats, if not the goat, but i think Will has shown more range throughout his career and landed better

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
You’d probably have a better argument with Idris Elba…

…who unfortunately hit his big screen prime in the pre-streaming wars era where the best roles that upcoming black actors could get were 4th billing black best friend roles (Heimdell in Thor), Tyler Perry-esque black chick flicks (Obsession), or autobiographicals (every role Chadwick got).

He was killing it as Luther in the UK market but literally got his role as Alex Cross snatched from him bc a cac exec felt Tyler Perry was too blockbuster a name to not gift the role too.

Fast forward to this era and you have Lupin, an Alex Cross show in the works, Blade reboot, Yasuke movie in dev, Denzel’s son getting 1st billing in Nolan movies, and more mainstream shows with black males as co-leads (Fallout, Sorry for your loss, 3-body problem, GEN V, etc). Basically a bit more options and avenues to cook.

He’d probably be “black” James Bond or a spin-off equivalent if he were 10-15 years younger today. Since he ticked a lot of the same boxes Denzel and Will did as far as the “look”/female fan base + acting chops/charisma.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He’s a solid actor with range

People never give actors like delroy lindo, forest whitaker their respect

Also like others said Jeffrey Wright doesn’t get his respect

Chadwick was on his way to follow right behind.

I need to see if there is any younger new actors that’s showing promise

Michael B Jordan

Kendom

Pro
Daps
Denzel in his own tier. I put Samuel L under him. Chiwitel is in a tier below that though I think he's a fantastic actor and arguably better than Samuel. He was great in this movie:

1*wz5ikcTF4ioATCqEzDSR9w.jpeg
This is a great movie by the way

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
he aight

Will Smith is the goat though

more versatile than all of them
Nah, Will Smith played in too many duds to be the goat. He's definitely one of the best and notable Black actors in history but there's others who have better bodies of work in the movie industry.

Outside of Fresh Prince, Bad Boys franchise, and a few other miscellaneous movies, Will's filmography is pretty weak imo compared to Denzel or Samuel L.

Will's more famous and popular from a general perspective but his body of work is mid. Lol, and Will in Training Day would be too comical and unbelievable as he doesn't have that mean streak or tough gritty edge to him. Couldn't imagine him being a dirty corrupt cop because he's too giddish.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
You know an actor is good when you don't know him by his actual name but he's believable in all roles. Did a good job on the man who fell to earth.

Tadaa! still one of my random favourite shyt to say when I enter a room :lolbron:

I really wanted another season of that show. It was slept on.