Bill Maher casually says the "N word"

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I know you're mentally impaired, but this isn't about them saying it, it's about CHECKING them for saying it.

I guess white people never saying "niqqer" where Black people can hear it would be some kind of accomplishment.

While we're at it, let's work on a cure for white people being souless ghouls that feed on misery and destruction.

If we come up with both cures on the same day, let's start with the one that keeps them from poisoning the entire ocean, and sky first.

I don't like them saying it and I boycott people like QT and Louis CK and now Maher I guess - but I'd let them dress in all the blackface Kanye halloween costumes they wanted to if the cops would stop gunning down innocent blacks.

(I care about racists fukcing with people, not talking shyt)

BIXBY

Pro
Daps
I'd be :yeshrug: if a out and out white supremacist said this shyt because they honest about it.

This muhfuka a Jew ... to me that makes it worse. Too many nikkas ain't woke to the fact that Jews was perpetuating the slave-trade before European CACs joined the game... and Jews NEVER get blowback from that shyt.

Also, check the twitter feed off all these Jew left-wing journos and they bold as fukk ochea using black outrage against Christian Euro CACs while sidestepping any association or blame. These rats is sly as fukk... don't give these muffukkas a pass...:stopitslime: Jews need to be held distinctly from whites as a separate and equal threat... difference is they stand behind our front lines using us as their army... GTF ochea :camby:

BIXBY

Pro
Daps
I can respect your argument, fair enough. However, I think the comparison is apples and oranges to an extent. And I agree without playing historical oppression olympics that slavery isnt taken as seriously as the holocaust. ADL does their thing as we all know and Black people are very forgiving with open arms, along with being passive.

On the other hand Bill Maher is a comedian at the end of the day. Comedians by nature are going to go wherever they choose to go. Cosby making rape jokes talking bout it aint safe to drink around me. Bill Burr likened runaway slaves as the first triathalon athletes. Dave Chapelle has talked about Chinese terrorists who sound like Arabs. Is anybody on here offended by any of those or similar jokes? Nope, we all laughed and would tell anyonebwho was offended to get over themselves. It is what it is with comedians. Sarcasm, cynicism, tongue in cheek, etc., thats their job. What Maher said in this instance was a joke and not meant to take seriously. I guarantee you if :patrice: was alive he would have found it funny.

Problem with this argument is that Maher is not just a comedian... he is a platform for social discussion... and most people view his show in that same way. Yes he pokes fun at subjects and brings humor into it to spice it up, but it's not satire.. they discuss real current events in a serious tone.

Just because he's held the title of "comedian" doesn't give him an invisible shield of indemnity 24/7... that's garbage. No responsibility. No accountability.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Problem with this argument is that Maher is not just a comedian... he is a platform for social discussion... and most people view his show in that same way. Yes he pokes fun at subjects and brings humor into it to spice it up, but it's not satire.. they discuss real current events in a serious tone.

Just because he's held the title of "comedian" doesn't give him an invisible shield of indemnity 24/7... that's garbage. No responsibility. No accountability.

Have to say after the past few days I still can't find it in me to be outraged or offended. In fact I'm more or less over it at this point and felt that way as soon as I walked into the office yesterday for the typical Monday experience. I will say this though after marinating on it, maybe the outrage is a good thing to prevent the use of the word from catching on in public? I ponder that considering these current times with the extreme backlash towards so called PC culture and the age of Trump.

Let me ask you something though out of curiosity. Had he made the joke and instead of the word in question he used, "Negro", would you have found that offensive?

jackson35

Banned
Daps
if hbo was own and operated by black folks, do you think bill mahler would casually say the n word. we need to force hbo to make a choice= fire that creep or lose black viewership

BIXBY

Pro
Daps
Have to say after the past few days I still can't find it in me to be outraged or offended. In fact I'm more or less over it at this point and felt that way as soon as I walked into the office yesterday for the typical Monday experience. I will say this though after marinating on it, maybe the outrage is a good thing to prevent the use of the word from catching on in public? I ponder that considering these current times with the extreme backlash towards so called PC culture and the age of Trump.

Let me ask you something though out of curiosity. Had he made the joke and instead of the word in question he used, "Negro", would you have found that offensive?

YES

Wtf bring the black race into that discussion? It's not just the use of the word ****** but the context of appropriating the concept of African American slavery into the joke... making light of it... it's wrong... the history of black slavery has had zero affect on his life or the life of his ancestors...and I wager that his ancestors probably profited from it... and he stands on the shoulders of their empire... fukk HIM

BIXBY

Pro
Daps

Imagine the ADL outrage if a WASP CAC was doing Jew in the Oven jokes... would this motherfukker not be offended?

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps

full

Hulk got some of the funniest tweets, dude tweets like a lost puppy

Apex

Banned
Daps
Bill been on some slick issshhhh for yearssss...he been saying the N-word so im kinda surprised that this time is what did it....

i watch his show but im over this guy
Wait what other time did he use it

damn_ese

All Star
Daps
I don't care what they say...

White people say nikka 24/7...

Mexicans say nikka 24/7...

Asians say nikka 24/7...

Latinos say nikka 24/7...

We call Whites, Latinos and Asians nikka to their face and then we expect them not to call us a nikka. Like what kind of shyt is that.

If Black people gonna drop nikka all on TV and Radio and call everything from a dog to a bird a nikka and then expect other people not to say it because of some silly cultural norm that only Black people can say nikka...like we can own a damn word...then we are just being fukking stupid.

nikka been normalized in the American lexicon since Richard Pryor and Paul Mooney was saying nikka all over the damn place...

nikka is just a word, in a social, and pop culture context...it doesn't even mean anything cause it can mean everything.

If Black people don't want everybody and their momma saying nikka....how about make it a racial slur that nobody should say ever...

Instead of having a dumbass cultural norm and expectation that we can say words and other people can't because it's offensive coming from someone else that doesn't look like us.

Or then being like..."Well only like Puerto Ricans and Dominicans can say it...if their dark enough..."

If something offends...period...then you shouldn't say it to someone else.

Asians ain't walking around calling themselves chinks and coolies and then getting mad cause some White man said it...

LOL

It's so fukking stupid we got nikkas policing who say nikka on a message board and lowkey speculating who is White and who isn't White...

You know how fukking stupid that is...

Kill the word nikka or say it and don't get all pissy when everybody says it because everybody is saying it and they just ain't letting you hear them say it because they don't wanna hurt your feelings...

mannn . . . . . . . . . . stay outta here cactain cac, thats the exact same excuse right wingers use, fukk outta here with that BS. im not black, but its not my place (or any non black person's) to tell black people what word they can and cannot use.

after all the atrocities black people have survived, you gonna sit there and say "no, don't use that word . . . it might upset zaddy cac" . . . . . . FOH!

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Sista Paris claims blackness and asserts that MJ is her biological father.

With that, she has full license to use nikka in common conversation and apply for reparations at the appropriate time.

oprah_a.jpg

:heh:So posing with Oprah and her "grandmother" makes her Black how?

I guess Rachel Dolezal is Black by your standards too.