Bill Burr's "F is for Family" Full Trailer - Coming to Netflix December 18th

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug:

Outside of Amy Schumer, how popular is stand-up right now?

Amy Schumer is popular for her sketch comedy. At this point, her whole standup career can be seen as a lead-in to her getting a show on CC.

Plus he's eating off all of this too, and I doubt he'd really want to be a household name - his content would be under more scrutiny if he was.

No need to doubt. Burr has repeatedly said he would prefer to remain a touring comic rather than have his own show and be famous. He contrasts himself to Louis CK all the time.

In fact, if "F is for Family" was a real sitcom and not a cartoon, he probably wouldn't have done it.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
the only parts i enjoyed were listening to Bill rant, so theoretically I could have just listened to this show. It's not like the animation is that well done. The sign of a good animated show is the potential of the supporting characters. This only has 6 episodes, so we didn't get much, but who could you see being funny down the line? The fat boss and Matthew McConaughey?

The worst characters were the town kids. The main kids weren't great, but the voice acting and look of all their friends was garbage. I don't care if this is based on real people from Bill's life, they were bad. Also, how did he live next to such massive hicks in Boston?

I wonder if someone who has never heard Bill's comedy could possibly like this?

I know what you mean. It's not like the jokes are context dependent, but I think his vibe is.

Uh Oh

Bake 'em away, toys
Daps
Just watched the first episode. It wasn't good. Some funny moments but not enough to make me want to watch the rest of the season

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
just saw this, I had adjusted my expectations based on how surprisingly bad the trailer was. was never gonna give it a chance except i like burr a lot.

gonna give it a 5.5/10, extra .5 cause it made me laugh out loud a few times. but it really was nothing special, nothing original, and I was surprised at how generic it was from the bland characters to the cliched stories. of course the best parts were him ranting, the rest could've been way better. expected something more from him to be honest.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Just finished this up.

7/10

It definitely had some laugh out loud moments. I liked that it had some weight to the comedy with some drama so it wasnt all slap stick. Theres definitely a lot of potential here but the season itself just didnt quite nail it.

I really loved that 1 white reporter theyd flash to on tv who was always hosting shows about black issues :dead: then tied him into the main story by having him go in black face undercover exposing racists n8t willing to help him get gas :mjlol: