Bill Burr standup appreciation thread.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
This Thursday's is better - Bill was in his feelings on Monday because he had a fight with Nia. Old Freckles was lashing out on some :mjcry:shyt.

VY2wmdR.png

When he started singin' that love song at the beginning I thought it was their anniversary or some shyt. Then he started talkin' about how the best way to deal with a woman who's mad is to be legit over it and they can't stand it.

Bill + Nia when they're in love = gold
Bill + Nia when they're in a little fight = gold

I don't know what it would be about week to week, but I would 100% listen to a permanent Bill and Nia podcast.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
However you can, find and watch the whole episode of Bill Burr on Conan from yesterday (22nd Aug)

He went in for 2 whole segments.

The story about his baby brother and dinner/breakfast had a punchline/ending that damn near killed me (and Conan)

He's in a zone right now. His next special (whenever it is) might be his best, brehs.

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny enough, lately a grip of black folks been posting reaction videos to a plethora of old Bill bits.
Yeah, once one gets a lot of views a flood of imitators start popping up.

There was a wave of "black people pretending to hear a popular rock song for the first time" videos a little while back. White people love watching that stuff for some reason.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
props to Bill for not calling his shyt some varaition of "Trigger Warning!" i expect some "grow up, millennial" stuff, but fukk all these old white comics who are going the "haha, owning the libs" route.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
"Paper tiger" is a literal English translation of the Chinese phrase zhilaohu (纸老虎/紙老虎). The term refers to something or someone that claims or appears to be powerful and/or threatening, but is actually ineffectual and unable to withstand challenge.

Damn. :deadmanny: never heard that before

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
props to Bill for not calling his shyt some varaition of "Trigger Warning!" i expect some "grow up, millennial" stuff, but fukk all these old white comics who are going the "haha, owning the libs" route.

"Paper tiger" is a literal English translation of the Chinese phrase zhilaohu (纸老虎/紙老虎). The term refers to something or someone that claims or appears to be powerful and/or threatening, but is actually ineffectual and unable to withstand challenge.

Damn. :deadmanny: never heard that before

I get that he "rants" and his comedy is aggressive, but people really don't give him credit for being way smarter than he pretends to be, or smarter than he wants you to perceive him.

Bill's comedy, and in particular his angles on subjects, are really smart when he's done cooking.

On his podcast he calls himself an idiot, and while he's working shyt out he sounds like it, but by the time he gets to his special his takes and angles are strong AF and well thought out.