Bill Burr standup appreciation thread.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
a2pYbv6.jpg

:bryan:

I guess they included 'Dollah Shave Club' but they should have thrown on 'DOCTAH CAHVEY'S EASY SHAVE BUTTAH"

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Just started getting back on into the MM podcast after falling off from it for a few months. shyt is hilarious. Forgot what I was missing.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Bill Burr had a joke on 'Comedy Remix 'on Comedy Central from the late 90s that I never forgot.
It was about his black co-worker he didn't recognize walikng through the Subway towards him because he was wearing a heavy coat and hoody on. He was scared shytless of him.
It was as he said, the equivalent of a black guy seeing a hooded Klansmen coming towards him on the street.
Lol
Fast forward to recent events (Travin Martin etc.) It was a joke but illuminating at the same time.
I agree he does have a talent with humour involving race or other "contraversal" topics without being overly/unnecessarily offensive which is rare and difficult for a white comedian to pull off, even though many try to but fail.

Last edited:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

Ol Freckles on Joe Rogan's podcast yesterday. The whole thing is funny, but the last 5 minutes where he talks about having a battle of wits with a monkey is gold.

I downloaded then deleted the ep before listening.

I love Bill, but can't really stand Joe (especially at the length his pods are).

Unless it's someone who I don't get to hear a lot of like Neal Brennan, I don't listen to JRE.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Bill Burr had a joke on 'Comedy Remix 'on Comedy Central from the late 90s that I never forgot.
It was about his black co worker be didn't recognize walikng through the Subway towards him because he wore a heavy coat and hoody on. He was scared shytless of him.
It was as he said the equivalent of a black guy swing a hooded Klansmen coming towards him in the street.
Lol
Fast forward to recent events (Travin Martin etc.) It was a joke but illuminating at the same time.
I agree he does have a talent with humour involving race or other "contraversial" topics with out being overly/unmecarily offensive which is rare and diffucult for a white comedian to pull off, even though many try to but fail.
always thought about this joke because if

I haven't seen this joke you're talking about, but I love how Burr knows how to show empathy regarding race without coming off as corny or contrived.