Bill Burr standup appreciation thread.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
man, Bill is on tour with Louis and a bunch of other comics. they're coming to my town soon... no Bill. This is the lineup -
Louis C.K.
Sarah Silverman
Chris D'Elia
Dave Attell
Hannibal Buress
Jeff Ross
Michael Che
DJ Trauma
now before you tell me that's a great lineup, i have no desire to see half of those people and im not paying on principle b/c Burr isn't there.
Wow...Honestly, suffering through silverman might be worth it to see louis CK and Hannibal buress.

But yeah Bill Burr is no questions asked status.

I saw Tony Rock Saturday....that dude had "work the crowd for comedy" skills but man it was straight out of comic view status "white people this, black people that" comedy. Good story teller but come on its 2014 breh don't tell jokes about black girls arguing or getting ready to go to the club.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Wow...Honestly, suffering through silverman might be worth it to see louis CK and Hannibal buress.

I saw Tony Rock Saturday....that dude had "work the crowd for comedy" skills but man it was straight out of comic view status "white people this, black people that" comedy. Good story teller but come on its 2014 breh don't tell jokes about black girls arguing or getting ready to go to the club.
i can't get into Buress. i dont like his persona/delivery. ive never been able to stick with it

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps

SMH

If I was Chris Rock's brother and that's the best material I could come up with topic-wise I'd stay so far from comedy.

He's basically a Scary Movie spoof version of his own brother

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
SMH

If I was Chris Rock's brother and that's the best material I could come up with topic-wise I'd stay so far from comedy.

He's basically a Scary Movie spoof version of his own brother
its crazy because he is a naturally FUNNY guy and story teller...but his actual comedy and jokes are 2002 DL Hugley status.

He made me laugh because a good story teller can do that no matter what but clearly, that content was distracting

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
its crazy because he is a naturally FUNNY guy and story teller...but his actual comedy and jokes are 2002 DL Hugley status.

He made me laugh because a good story teller can do that no matter what but clearly, that content was distracting

Before I get flamed or called a cac...

That's the problem I have with a lot of black comedy. nikkas coast off personality and use it in place of content.

Most black comedians could swap jokes with each other and you'd never know.

"I was at the cookout right..."

"My girl always be naggin' me...."

"Brothers act like....."

"Ya ever been..." which is probably to black comedians as "What's the deal" is to Seinfeld

Daps
Last weeks cast with Jim Norton has to be the funniest one ever.
It was nice to hear them reminiscing about :patrice: too

Yeah when Bill pointed out that when Patrice started to ether you if you started to come back he would then drown you out with his ridiculously loud laughter.

Just hearin' that reminded me of a friend I had in highschool and how he'd have me on some :sadcam::stopitslime::to::demonic: type shyt all the time with those patrice tactics.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On his Monday Morning Podcast, the Breaking Bad star and comedian had a few things to say about the Ice Bucket Challenge craze that’s sweeping the Internet, none of them kind. His rant is half environmentalism, half resisting press pressure.

“At this point I’ve been challenged by three different f*cking people. I love how it’s about the person. It’s not even about the disease. ‘Hey check out my wacky response to ice cold water over my f*cking head’…I live in a desert. It’s a $500 fine if you waste water. I’m gonna do the $100 donation instead…Do you understand how precious water is to everyone around the world? We’re over here going “eeeeeh!” and dumping it over our heads. The disease is second banana to watching someone’s reaction. I know it’s a fun f*cking thing and it’s raised $100 f*ckin’ million and all that type of sh*t. But there’s this pressure that if you don’t f*ckin’ do it but donate the $100, somehow you’re an a$$hole.

“There’s not a lot of water left people if you really look at it. The only fresh water we got left that’s coming is from the polar ice caps melting.”

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I'm sorry Bill but Nia sounds so sexy on the podcast. I'm attracted :wub:

But on the flip side her feminist views on relationships and men in general are annoying as hell. Every email she's ready to jump thru her head phones when dudes are actually being honest about their concerns with their women.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'm sorry Bill but Nia sounds so sexy on the podcast. I'm attracted :wub:

But on the flip side her feminist views on relationships and men in general are annoying as hell. Every email she's ready to jump thru her head phones when dudes are actually being honest about their concerns with their women.

Yeah, I agree on both sentiments. She can be pretty funny with hers at times too though, most epecially when challenging or raging on bill.

Daps
Her voice is sexy when she's in a good mood , but when she's yelling at folks that email in for advice I can't get into it.

She's got this "give the woman the benefit of the doubt and assume the worst of men" type thing going on. Maybe because it reminds me too much of LSA posters coming to the coli trying to call men hoes and etc.

please :camby: